Anyone here with certifications?

What certification(s) do you have?
What many hours did you spend studying?
Was it worth the effort?
Did it allow you to make more money?

Other urls found in this thread:

asian-archive.tumblr.com/index#yinbaby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have over a dozen certs from a handful of vendors including CCIE.

Some of them were required for certain jobs, some I did to enhance my career, which they did.

Certifications are just one part of building a solid resume and such. They are not a silver bullet to 6 figure incomes.

inb4 who is that semen demon?

you are pathetic

Thanks for posting

I know once most people become established they don't really use the certs but I'm trying to buff up my resume.

How much time did you spend studying for the certs? How hard are the tests?

Her username was "yinbaby" back in the day, but good luck finding her now. OP's picture is (no joke) about 10 years old now

>ugly 3dpd
>on MY Sup Forums

>AM/WF racemix is ba-

I'm certified to stick my dick in her ass

>yinbaby

looks familiar?

Trying to get my A+ soon to start

yep, another super old pic

CCNA here, I dont know if it helped me (may have) But after I got the cert I was hired at AT&T, its going to expire in December, I am on the fence if I should cram for the CCNP exam to keep it.. i work in a central office, so it may not even be applicable to what I do, but I have the job that I always wanted. Never a bad thing to add more certs, it certainly doesnt hurt.

>i work at at&t
>it's the job I've always wanted

god bless your soul, poor thing

Bump

A+, and I work at AMD as a circuit design associate. sometimes I get to audit software (drivers for you laymen).

you do what exactly?

asian-archive.tumblr.com/index#yinbaby

dude, just lie on your resume, like, do you think they'll actually call and check anything?

lmao

I'm assuming they might. Or worse, I start working with someone who figures out I'm full of shit.

A+ but I cant tell if its what got me my job. Im sure it looks good on resumes and you just need really basic IT knowledge, but it cost $200 to take and expires after a year or two so Id say its not entirely worth it.

I think portfolios and experience are what sell.

I'm studying for Sec+ right now. You need it for any DoD IT position. Been using Professor Messer and Daril Gibson. I'm taking it on Tuesday so wish me luck.

FAA remote pilot cert

feels good to get paid to fly a drone

>mfw this is my old blog

>I start working with someone who figures out I'm full of shit
Don't worry everyone that you'll be working with is full of shit, and they are equally as worried about other people finding this out as you would be.

good luck
like all comptia certs you'll pass if you're above 5 years old though

>What certification(s) do you have?
I am a certified shitwrecker and homewrecker
I also have a driver's license and (security) guard card
Getting pretty close to my double bachelor's; next semester I will have a B.S. in math which will allow me to work doing any job I want at ~$300k starting
>What many hours did you spend studying?
I hardly study, like maybe 1/4th of the time I spend shitposting during the week I devote to studying and doing homework assignments
>Was it worth the effort?
yes
>Did it allow you to make more money?
yes, the guard card let me work at slightly above minimum wage while I learned how to operate linux

I work as a Python dev right now btw

>Network+
>A+
>CCNA

>a year total

>yes, i suppose

>yes

thank you user.

I have about 20 certs. Maybe 6 or 7 of them expired or outdated
Certs are resume padding that help you get interviews
Nepotism and softskills are much more valuable

lol so what's even the point then? Why not just lie on your resume? How many HRs are autistic enough to check that shit?

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK A+ CERTS EXPIRE?! THATS HORSESHIT.

I was just about to pay for one too. What the fucking fuck man? So you just have to cough up 200 bucks and spend a weekend learning what new minute bullshit they've added and memorizing outdated form factors every 2 years? God damn what dumbshits.

MTA in Networking fundamentals. Its fucking useless because there are no shitty entry level IT jobs open at my university.

JLPT2

yeah AT&T sucks balls, but the incompetence and stupidity here is entertaining as fuck. I'm union and work in an office for the long distance network..so I have penty of time to fuck around, study/get more certs and the union wages makes dealing with the retard / insane / narcissist / whore managers beyond tolerable .

tl;dr at&t is fun retarded chaos, minimal but important work & job security while making 6 figures.

is there ANY IT worth cert that doesn't expire in 2 years?

that's the only thing stopping me from taking any, that business model is greedy as fuck

I've got a CCNA that is expiring in December. I don't care enough to get it renewed. It helped me get my start and everything but since I don't even work with Cisco stuff on a daily basis I don't see the need to spent time and $250 to retake that shit. My guess is that people rarely check to see if they are active, if they check at all.

So yeah definitely good if you're getting started.

Also studied for the CCNA Security but realized halfway through that I was wasting my time, that these certs are really just a scam, and stopped.

Looking into it, all comptia certifications expire in 3 years for the reason of "technology is always expanding". However if you got your certification before 2011 they are good for life. The $200 was annoying to cough up during college, though my job and most pays for certification renewals so you'll just need to pay $200 to put your foot in the door.

so why not just lie then?

>she has a family and kids by now
>OP is still fapping to 2D pics

Comptia gives you a number for your employer to very quickly verify your cert status.

You don't have to take Comptia certs every 3 years, as long as you are working in the field you have your employee submit a little thing every year saying you are working in field, then it auto renews all your certifications.

certifications come with numbers, which can be checked in the certification proivder's database to see your name match up to it

>then it auto renews all your certifications
Expanding on this for example I have (ISC)2 CISSP
Every year I submit a little voucher that says hours I've worked in security related field, and it auto renews my (ISC)2 as well as all lower certifications like COMPTIA Sec+/Net+/A+

Trust me you don't want to take the (ISC)2 CISSP exam a second time.
It's not hard, just a lot of law and it can take up to 6 hours.

I have double decades of experience and no certs. I keep this on purpose to filter out the jobs which will hire a certified pajeet over a real pro.

CISSP can be crammed, so even despite the endorsement criteria it is worthless.

Yeah it can be crammed in a week easy, but requires proof of 6 years of experience in security and it requires someone qualified CISSP to vouch for you within 9 months after you pass the exam.
As far as entry level jobs 75k-110k it's pretty good next step after Sec+ for people fresh out of high school who want to skip college.

>I have double decades of experience
At this point a college degree and certs don't matter at fucking all.
You're going to get hired based on your references and in job accomplishments.

I have a certificate for a banking standard software. Was paid by my old company. The mandatory course alone costed like 15k + 1k for the exam.

I started learning for a oracle certification but said fuck it and left the company (fuck standard banking software) and am working now for a start up like company getting 100k a year doing drag and drop front end and mostly JS.

Overall, doing the cert was a pain but required at that time. Now, it's completely useless. The more important thing is that I worked on nultiple projecta with big banks at their respective site for 2-3 years.

That time was a pain in the ass. What I do now is so much more enjoyable and doesnt feel like working anymore.

You're a liar, a dipshit, a tryhard, and a faggot. The website you're looking for is reddit.

What are the best certs you can easily get while still broke as shit in uni?

My resume is trash with only programming languages in the skills section

How many of them have cocks?

Nobody ever says this. WM/AF however is bad, and that's a fucking shame. Guys can't have nice things.

>$250
Gibing a fuck about 250$. Are y'all poor niggers?

I have SAP Logistics Execution and Business Process & Consolidation certificate from a private institution. Next year i am going for SAP ABAP certificate

Haven't been hired yet so yes bitch. $320 is my monthly income right now

How much do you hate your life?

it is not my life

i hope all of them

A+ Certified (2002),Network+ Certified (2003) (Thank god I got them before all the "Expiration" bullshit took effect), Cisco Inter networking classes at local community college (2002-2003) (Back when you could take individual classes without all the bullshit tossed in) Cisco Network Support (2012) Cisco Network Design (2012) + bunch others in quest to achieve the Windows System Administrator certification (2014). All I ever want in IT is to work hands on with tech, support or low end network tech. I don't want to be a manager/dev/ or programmer. Currently work in non IT job at state government. Not bad gig, can retire at age 50 with full pension check/paid medical/ and 401k package.

Studied for the A+ about a week in advance and got a gig working for a tribal community. With the people you meet there and favors you do for specific people you get some kickass references if you ever want to work anywhere else.
Also got 4 certs in soldering, which, you'd be surprised how many people need things soldered and will pay you for it.

College is a fucking joke anymore. Sure back in the 80s/90s/ early 00s it was great. But now everyone almost has some degree from some "college" in "something" The value is just not there anymore. Plus you got all the bullshit classes tossed in that you "must" take that have little or no use to you in what you want to do in life or will ever use in the real world. Then at the end of it all you wind up drowning in debit that gets tossed on top of your other monthly bills (cause after you graduation you get kicked out on your ass and your expected to get a job and find a apt/condo or house). So yeah if your lucky by the time your mid 30's you'll have least your college debit paid off (but that house mortgage will still be mocking you, not to mention car payment)

Do I smell a NEET fag?

I'm just a realist. Its how shit works. They tell you "oh you'll get a great job if you get this" But they leave out the part about how location affects what jobs are available and how much competition there is for that class of job. Not everyone wants to move or drive a fucking lot of miles to work each day. (which also ends up costing you in wear and tear on your vehicle)

Forced to get a ccna with my networking degree. Also going to get Cisco Linux cert because it's free though the uni.

Is comptia worth doing if it's free?

>Anyone here with certifications?
me
a lot
a lot
no
not enough

>Cisco linux cert
u wot

Fuck me

>Tfw literally born in the wrong generation

What's like working for the government?
What's your salary and retirement plan?

I considered working for the government strictly for the retirement plan. My dad is about to retire at 55 with decent retirement income.

And I'll never stop.

Don't. All US state and federal pensions are underfunded. On top of underfunding, they all assume unreasonable market/investment growth rates of +7% or higher per year. If you get a pension at all, expect them to shave it. Start reading about the pension shaves that have already occurred in the past year or two. Many pensioners have lost half their income due to cuts. Save for yourself. Invest for yourself. Do not expect the government to be competent and bet your entire retirement on them. They WILL fuck you over, either accidentally or intentionally.

Nope. I'm just really cheap.

the point is you learn something and boost your resume. most of the time someone else is paying for them too
your current employer pays to send you to train on something that pads your resume and then you quit. rince and repeat

Security+, WCSP, CHPSE, DCAT
1 week per certification
Yes
Yes, 10% per certification

y wud u put ur richard in her donkey?

I have an A+, was making $9/hr now making $14 because of it. Not a lot but its something.

Thinking about studying for the Net+ and Sec+ so I can get a better job with better pay.

I have CASP, RHCE, and VDX-CMA.
My girlfriend studied for me.
Shit was so cash.
I make 6 gorillion dollars a year.