Is it a meme?

Is it a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mpf8lNZ9pjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No wtf

I bought one for $1.50 before checking what the price for the charger was. It's not worth it.

Cordfag here I can fully charge in under an hour from almost totally flat

>meme
Not sure what you mean by that but it works.

A meme apple are investing in.
This time next year it will no longer be a mere meme but part of the technology zeitgeist.

Doesn't most samsung phones had wireless charging already?

Wireless charging has always been a meme, slow charging, more stress on the battery. It's only useful as a nightstand charger where you can charge at a low current not to heat the phone or battery.

Thats an amazing point honestly

I honestly don't understand the application in phones. Shit like console controllers and wireless mice and keyboards I get. But with a phone a cord is more convenient, especially since the technology still only trickles the tiniest bit of current. As the technology matures and more current can be directed it'll become an interesting application for low power devices being powered wirelessly, but I think even then unless you can manually disable charging on the phone it will compromise the lifetime of the battery.

Yes. I removed my wireless charging coil to make room for a 3600mAh battery for my Galaxy S6. bigger capacity and faster charging is more important.

>the application
you have a bunch of charging pads everywhere
home, work, coffee shop, fast food joint

you can now trickle charge your phone everywhere you go
no more fear of your phone dying if you browse or game too much

>technology zeitgeist
>Thats an amazing point honestly

you guys are unironically the reason that this
>technology zeitgeist
you think is occurring. we're just in the middle of what people 1000 years from now will call "the technological" revolution, much like we had an industrial revolution not long ago. there is no "zeitgeist" you faggot, you and all the other retarded consumers that buy into this sort of meme technology are what drive the production of shit like this. Its your fault faggot.

Until they figure out a way to wireless charge without putting down the phone, it will forever be a meme.

Sounds like an excuse to put a shit battery in a phone if it means its always going to some type of charger

>Until they figure out a way to wireless charge without putting down the phone
They have.
Disney Research released some info a few months ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=mpf8lNZ9pjA

It also allows you to put more energy draining processor cores into your phone.
Or to not hurt so bad if you forget to charge your phone one evening.
Etc.

Or you could bring a wall wart and a cord? Or you could have a phone with decent battery life? The product solves nothing in its current state. If you had a desk whose whole surface could be used I could see working some utility out of that, again, with a wireless mouse and keyboard. Maybe a watch, clock and a phone. You won't be driving monitors or computers with it though. Maybe some sort of RasPi.

Where it doesn't work is where it needs to in applications like power tools and vacuum cleaners and lamps. Even if it did work would work well until serious refinements taking decades were made?

>Or you could bring a wall wart and a cord?
Why carry around stuff you don't have to.
Why specifically look for a seat next to an electrical outlet.
Why spend time setting up and tearing down?

I get you want other things out of anything called wireless charging.
But people already find value in what it can currently do.

It saves seconds and people like convenience.

what the actual fuck is that

Unless it's capable of 15W turbocharge, I'll stick with my cord. I like being able to charge my phone for an hour every other day and not worry about it.

You're going to be looking for a receptacle anyways. Wireless charging today as it is publicly available isn't wireless it's connectionless. And where are you that you're finding venues that charge your accessories wirelessly anyways?

Terrible for the environment.