Does the enterprise version of Windows 10 actually stop sending data with its disable telemetry option?

Does the enterprise version of Windows 10 actually stop sending data with its disable telemetry option?

Windows 7 is feeling dated and work is offering spare copies of 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only people who actually care about "muh botnet" and "muh privacy" are mentally ill pedos with things to hid.

NOTHING TO HIDE NOTHING TO FEAR.

good goy!
NOTHING TO HIDE NOTHING TO FEAR
send the pedos to gulag
nope

>someone hacks into microsoft telemetry server
>every windows 10 installation is now vulnerable

Please post your bank account details and all your logins and passwords in this thread, as well as your facebook address and all of your private nude photographs.

Nothing to hide nothing to fear remember.

University is offering windows 10 'education' edition for free. Apparently it also has a disable telemetry option.
Is it a trap?

No OP windows 10 can not be de-bottnetted at all. It's physically impossible.

Try it yourself though. Install LTSB and run all those tools to strip the remaining telemetry. Then run a firewall to keep out unwated connections. Should be safe right?

Now open up wireshark and watch the hundreds of connections to Microsoft per second.

Now try the same on a free operating system and watch the silence. Not a single unwanted connection with just the occasional NTP request. That is what freedom looks like.

>NOTHING TO HIDE NOTHING TO FEAR.
Your social security number, bank account number, passwords etc. please.
If you are not a pedo, then give me all these things already. You have nothing to hide, do you?

Nobody knows. It is closed source software any claim in either direction is unverifiable.
But considering the enormous interest Microsoft has in your data, I would say that the likelihood that there is no spyware is extremely low.

>Is it a trap?

Yes telemetry can NOT be disabled.

One user came close with his custom windows 10 build that he called "ameliorate" or something (I've lost the link if anyone still has it). It uses an old version of windows 10 and he manged to gut most of the malicious functionality. You can not install security patches however.

A similar feat with later versions of windows 10 prove impossible as it would break the entire system to try and remove all the telemetry.

Not only does windows not give you these choices out of the box, but they actively take measures to prevent you from writing your own software to take back control of your computer. It's disgusting.

Stick with free software.

This. (Assuming the events would play out this way. Never bothered to test it.)

2/10 for effort

youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
Even more freedom here.

You would use that data to harm me in some way, which is illegal. Microsoft doesn't do that.

here are 3 steps to using windows 10 free of charge and worry:
>download pirate windows 10 pro from your favorite public torrent tracker. protip: do it only once and save it, in case any authorities actually care.
>install it and disable any updating or sending of data to MS that you can
>don't break the fucking law on your MS OS

>install it and disable any updating or sending of data to MS that you can
You can't. They even admitted it themselves.
www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/amp/
>don't break the fucking law on your MS OS
This is satire, right?

>Microsoft doesn't do that.
"I'm okay with the police having guns, but normal people having guns isn't okay! After all, we all know that we can trust the police."
Equifax.

>You would use that data to harm me in some way,
No I wouldn't, I swear. I can give you a piece of paper on which I write that I promise not to do any harm to you.
Is that good enough?

Or maybe I give you an EULA to agree to, in which I promise that I only share some of the data to third parties.

I would also never break any laws. Which company would ever do that? I love your privacy, that is why I collect all the data.

>Microsoft doesn't do that.
Any source on that?
And what if a data breach happens on their side, that has happened often enough.

what is pi hole???
herder

>that you can
can you even read? are you in a basement using a tinfoil hat ready to put all your hard drives on a toaster if the doorbell ever rings?

why don't you tell us what you're scared of so we understand why we shouldn't use widnows?

Try whatever that was again, but without buzzwords and in English this time.

sure here it goes:

you're wrong

Shut the fuck up

Until Microsoft gets hacked and some mentally I'll hacker pedo gets all of your personal information. Are you really this retarded? Why don't you have cameras installed in your house and let me know how I can watch you and your family. Since you have nothing to hide this shouldn't be a problem for you.

Supposedly a couple of months ago microsoft made and update so everything but security events can be disabled: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

Just check with wire shark.

That you feel like you have nothing to hide doesn't mean we got nothing to find.

No, telemetry can't be disabled. If you don't care about your privacy, your freedom or about having control on your OS, Windows 10 is much better than Windows 7 and it should be preferred.
If you care about your privacy, your freedom and about having control on your OS, you already know what OS you should install.

so you probably take a shit with the doors open.
disgusting.

>these cuckolds don't know how to modify group policy