Real talk. What were they thinking? I want to know the legitimate reason for the design of the X's screen

Real talk. What were they thinking? I want to know the legitimate reason for the design of the X's screen.

I have owned just about every generation of iPhone (skipped a gen here or there) and I cannot for the life of me understand the justification for the notch. I tried the phone in the store the other day and I just couldn't get used to it. It felt like something so pivotal was missing, like the user experience was a cheap phone. The phone even felt cheaply made compared to the 8 Plus. It feels like an unfinished product, like they rushed it to market just for the holiday. I think the fanboys that say "you'll get used to it" are delusional. I can't come up with any valid excuse as to why or how Apple justified this design, especially considering every other phone on the market's screens.

>I have owned just about every generation of iPhone
fag

It looks good you autist. I'm not even an Appletard, but it definitely looks better than the one on the left.

so they can fix it this year and release apple iphone alpha and claim innovashun and "we were too ambitious last year"

>apple rushed release
>and skipped 9
>so they could be the first X (10) phone on the market

sounds like something apple would do...

HTC
Huawei

>I'm not an apple fag but I like an incomplete screen that ruins videos
Go away Ive

Except both of those have 9 phones

the adults are talking, sweetie, come back when you name competent brands like LG, samsung, or google

There are legitimate reasons to hate the phone.
Your piece of fiction isn't one of them.

>google
>phone
>competent
>*screen breaking in the background*

they wish

Honestly, if you think that the primary reason of having a bezeless phone is not watching videos
You are beyond delusional

>I want to know the legitimate reason for the design of the X's screen.

They want to stand out, no matter the cost.

This, basically. S8, G6, V30, they all share the inevitable design that comes from notches minimization. In your picture, on the right, you get an upside down Mi Mix 2.. The notch is just a gimmick, but it's working flawlessly because everyone, Sup Forums included is talking about it.

>*bezels minimization
Brain lagged.

So they could claim to have the highest screen to bezel ratio

>I cannot for the life of me understand the justification for the notch.

Brand differentiation. Everyone will recognize that you have an iphoneX

And when some poverty-tier android chinkphone incorporates a notch, then what?

this
Apple lost the "big round button" that you can rapidly recognize, so they had to make something else.

Apple is marketing first, designing next, and engineering last.

This. Wait for the iPhone X + or whatever it'll be. The early sheep that buy the X are paying for it's development.

You can even just write an overlay app to fake this garbage

I leave this fucking thread for a few hours and there are a sum total of two responses actually offering an opinion and the rest is autism shitlord spergfighting like phone companies are your video game consoles.

N O ( T C H ) B E Z E L S
O
(
T
C
H
)
B
E
Z
E
L
S

INTRODUCING THE REVOLUTIONARY IPHONE X2

WE WENT BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND CAME UP WITH A BREAKTHROUGH

EDGE TO EDGE SCREEN WITHOUT A NOTCH

MADE POSSIBLE BY OUR NEW CAMERA BEHIND THE OLED PANEL

NO ONE ELSE HAS DONE THIS ANOTHER APPLE FIRST

bullshit. it looks like ass. goofy retarded ass.