UAE to train one million young Arab coders in the ‘language of the future’

thenational.ae/uae/uae-to-train-one-million-young-arab-coders-in-the-language-of-the-future-1.669868

>The UAE has launched a new initiative to help train one million young Arabs in the language of the future: computer programming.

>Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Vice President and Ruler of Dubai, announced the initiative on Tuesday, in line with the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives foundation.

>“Coding is the language of the modern era. Our goal is to teach it to one million young Arabs, in order to prepare them now for the requirements needed to excel in the future,” Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid said.

Thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tElEX_aR3Lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yet ANOTHER ploy to flood the market with low-quality ``coders'' and make wages lower.

this bullshit won't stop until there are programmer unions

why are they afraid to say javascript?

>UAE is already 70% pajeets.

>this bullshit won't stop until there are programmer unions
I work for a railroad company, so I'm covered under the railroad workers union.

There's a ton of extra bureaucracy to work with, but my compensation is 40% above market value in this area, I get more paid vacation, I have excellent healthcare, and best of all there aren't a bunch of imported low-wage codemonkeys taking my job.

I really regret my life choices.
Maybe becoming a car mechanic would've had a better outcome.
But then again, modern cars are 99% computer-managed.

Arabs are even lower IQ then Pajeets/Pakis, this is a "class" of people who have survived extermination purely by luck of having oil under the ground.
I'd like to know if they have actual redeeming qualities other than blowing themselves up.

Unions are communism

From somebody who has had the misfortune of travelling to various middle eastern countries with work, I can confirm they have no value whatsoever. They are sub human.

And skilled programmers stop enabling the bootcampers.

It just occured to me. I'm not unionized, but I get an equivalent contract, so I have a pretty cushy job in terms of vacation. But the company is has outsourced half the dev positions to 2nd world bootcampers. But if all the in-house devs were to get up and leave today the company would be in serious trouble. They would be able to maintain their legacy software, but they would stagnate. So really I'm part of the problem. Same goes for developers of enterprise frameworks. A lot of smart ideas go into them, but wouldn't it be better to just have smart programmers who know what pattern to use where, and skip all the bloat and tight coupling to some big framework that will be unfashionable in a few years?

That said, I'm glad I don't have to deal with unemployment because I know how to both write software and wash myself, but if I started refusing to work with outsourcing or bootcampers those job offers would dry up pretty fast.

I hate communism too, but what other option do you propose?

The free market seems pretty cool with this.

The only thing they are good are at suicide bombing

Good, hopefully some of them will come to europe and take jobs from ridiculously overpaid CS/SE grads, many of whom are total brainlets who shouldn't be in software development at all

>UAE
>anyone working except immigrants
The sheikh also almost fucked with a coup so it can be a part of damage control.
At least don't be obviously insecure shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=tElEX_aR3Lw

They will fail miserably.

>Everything I don't like is Communism/Marxism.
stay there please.

a union is merely a free market organization of workers into a collective bargaining apparatus that resembles an incorporated labor organization more than anything communist.

it is very capitalist, though not necessarily free market especially in current formation

What about forming a guild?

Maybe that will help both the wage dumping from the third world and CS/SE graduates with no software engineering.

With apprenticeship and journeymanship candidates will have to prove themselves in the real world. And guild members would be prohibited from working with programmers outside of the system.

Of course, with most programmers being libshits, that's not very likely to happen.

Communism is really just a brand of capitalism anyway.

If you can be replaced with low quality coder then git gud faggit or do the work which makes use of your advantage.

State capitalism, to be exact.

I've been to the emirates. Besides being filled with pajeets, gulf Arabs are the most fucking retarded people on the face of this planet. They're literally the jews of the Middle East and have bought their fucking degrees.

Don't fall for the Arab tech meme. The only people in the Middle East and Africa region that are remotely smart with engineering are North Africans (Egyptians, Tunisians, Moroccans, Libyans, and Algerians).

Marked by a communist swine.

This, I read the article and they refused to say what this magical language is, but Android and web development were mentioned.

>Libyans
The are a bunch of savages

The ones born in the 60-s to 80s were good people from my experience. Anything after aren't the pleasant people to be with, same with Algerians.

>most programmers being libshits
maybe in your retarded american bubble

I thought 60%+ of Israel were literally the Jews of the Middle East

Name one union in the US or EU that hasn't sold out to the mass immigration lobby.

>They're literally the jews of the Middle East.
Retard.

And now they will also be good with logic bombs

>EVERYBODY NEEDS TO LEARN TO PROGRAM
Just like how everybody needed to know how to do their own plumbing, electrical work, car work, carpentry, and so on before computers were ubiquitous, right????

It's a specialized trade and skillset, not some goddamn universal necessity. Jane from HR doesn't need to know how to build an entire application from scratch.

Not American. It's a problem throughout the western world. Most people in tech seem to be either libertarian fedora tippers or SJWs. I even went to Poland, a bastion of conservatism, and saw the same thing there.

most of those million coders will be doing excel macros or html/css stuff or basic shell scripting to automate some stuff. there is no way all of them will be doing algorithm analysis or calculus based programming.

What you don't seem to realize, is that the only job that normies can see that can provide any living that is consistently above minimum wage (for now) is STEM-y stufff. And that basically means SE and EE and a lil AI sprinkled here and there. This is what the world sees as the only 'middle class' job left, after complete obliteration of the idea of jobs.

stay there please.

What kind of programs do you write? And in what languages?

Programmer unions would only make things worst. You'll get grouped with incompetent coders and your bargaining power would be greatly reduced.