Technology in Music

Should I get one of these for regular use? Are they any good?
I just practice guitar in my room, currently I have a Washburn stratocaster HSS pickups and a Peavey Rage 158 but it's not enough for some effects and things I want to try.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nRle0fKenzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you want to just try shit or do you actually perform? If you just want to play around with things, I highly recommend those things. If you you want to actually perform you may want to invest in more quality shit.

Try shit, learn some songs and play along with some backing track, not really perform as in go live with a band or something.
Some studio monitor are a must with this kind of gadgets, right?

This is an effect pedal and it implies owning an amplifier if you're planning on using it. It's not an audio interface. If you don't have an amplifier, then you would need an audio interface and studio monitors.

Oh I see, well I have a peavey rage 158, it's just a 15w practice amp. I'm planing to upgrade it too but later on

You can never go wrong with a used Fender amplifier. Given Line 6's reputation with amplifiers, I would recommend trading your effect pedal too.

You mean those fender Twin amps?

Fender Twin, Fender Champ.

I'll look into them, any particular Line 6 Pod you recommend?
Man, I thought Sup Forums was much more into music tech, but it seems they only like MLP and anime OST

get a pod hd 500. it's a floor based multi-effect pedal that also does amp sims. it's a bit dated, but still sounds pretty good and i believe it has usb out, so it doubles as an interface. it's good enough to gig with, too if you decide that route

Thanks, mate, you've been great

Yamaha thr series is top tier.

this, but they can be pricey

I'm not , but at least someone helped you with Line 6 products. This thread has been better than anything Sup Forums has amounted to since its slow, excruciating death months earlier.

umm kinda but don't regret getting one.

Yeah, most people here just brag about their equipment but just a few can really be useful and help.
I'll look into it, too.

In the end, it's just for practice and not having to buy 15 different pedals just to see If I like it or not

I used the Pod X3 for the longest time, both for practice and amateur home recording, and I absolutely loved it. I recommend against using one in a live setting or if you're serious about home recording, but it's a great tool for experimenting and testing things. Don't know if you can even buy one anymore though.

Maybe a used one, or some shop may have one brand new. The only ones on Line 6 website are the Pocket Pod and then the Pod HD500X and the Helix thing, but those two I think they are too overkill for my needs

Do not buy that model user. It’s from the early 2000’s and sounds like garbage.

i got a THR10, is pretty gud and goes louder than you'd expect

nigga, buy a guitar link (external audio board), there are cheap ones and expensive ones, and guitar rig 5 or another similar program.

take it for me, with a good board, good guitar, good cables and being able to properly set up guitar rig, you can literally get the sound you would get with u$5.000,00 gear. you can use headphones on the output of the board (the sound will be great), or you could use the output to plug in your amp (the sound will be shittier, but still can get a pretty good sound). If i'm not wrong, Rammstein already recorded songs using only guitar rig5

>pic related, bought it from chink website about 4 years ago and it still going strong

and you can also find pre-sets of setups for the guitarrig5, people make pre-sets based on styles/artists, eg distortion for metallica, clean for hendrix, etc, so it makes life easy

>pic related
forgot the damn thing

also complementing

yeah, those pedals are good for beginners, but as soon as you get decent with guitar and want to record something it will let you down.

it does it all, but does it all poorly.

youtube.com/watch?v=nRle0fKenzA
take a look at this. but be advised, the sounds you will see in this video are all default on the program, you can get better results downloading pre-sets made by users.

In the interests of Sup Forums, you can also get good results from software amp modellers on your computer. On Linux I've gotten some good tones from Guitarix, used to get good results from Amplitube on windows.

I also used to have a Behringer V-amp which had some good tones too. The benefit of a standalone is headphone practice and jamming. If you plug into a mixer with other musos and v-drums you can have full band rehearsal in your house and easily record it to boot.

Plug your guitar into the line in port of your sound card, then use guitarix. It'll probably sound better than anything you can get out of a line 6 product.

I've been doing this on my xonar DX for a while and it sounds almost as good as with the Scarlett 2i2 I borrowed.

Get a real amp or just use shit like Guitar Rig or Amplitube on your computer.

Maybe get one of these. Then you can record AND save your effects chains.

Beware of spending too much time fucking around with sounds and not enough time concentrating on your playing. Good tone starts with your technique.

basically the poor man's Axe-FX and a damn good one at that.

I've been using a VST plugin amp simulation called Rock Amp Legends for the longest time, it sounds great.

I've been waiting +20 years for Roland-style polyphonic guitar/amp modeling to all move to PC. The whole segment seems really stagnant.