You need to choose one and use it exclusively for the rest of your life no matter how technology improves in the future

You need to choose one and use it exclusively for the rest of your life no matter how technology improves in the future.
Which one do you choose?

Other urls found in this thread:

mono-project.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

C

no

C

C++ because it is the PlayStation 2 of languages

elaborate

Just like the PS2 allows you to play 99 % of the PlayStation 1 library, you can use 99 % of the C programming language with C++

CSS

lisp

Would probably choose C as I might be able to write another language in it, something like Lua just indexed from 0.

C
because it's the most low-level and autistic of the languages
you can just make C# and C++ with it

C#, it's extremely easy to do GUI and database bullshit with it

C# for sure

Gotta go with C#

Java

Malbolge

C

C# is a comfy language, but I bet C++ have a longer lifespan.

C++ because it has more active developers and the most advanced compilers. 1z is really promising and Herb's metaclasses are awesome.

Scratch

my boy

C.
I'd rather sacrifice the horrible abomination of half-compromises that comprise C++ than have to use them.

C

C#, i can make shitty unity games like its going out of fashion.

C#

literally mind numbingly simple

Linux is in C and most systems run on linux so if I wanna be a hacker I need to learn C. At least thats what I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

C and then implement C++, C#, Java, etc, etc. with it so I can use the best language for the task. Just like how we went from C to all these other higher languages to make life easier already.

>Implying java makes life easier

Assembly is the most low level and autistic language though.

C++ no doubts, I'd rather keep getting the new standards but I'm fine with C++17.

Those 3? C++, with no competition whatsoever. Not programming is better than programming in Microsofts rebranded Java.

Even if you prefer C, why on Earth wouldn't you just choose C++ and get literally all of C, PLUS the option to use objects and sane I/O should your autistic, autistic mind decide to use them?

C++ because it C has no generics or just meaningful abstractions in general, and because it is easier to add than to remove GC. C++ is only bad if you don't dedicate your whole life to it.

Java

>Assembly is the most low level and autistic language though.
there are many different ones and they are only a shorthand for whatever instruction set your hardware has. sparc assembly is shorthand for writing sparc machine instructions, x86 assembly is shorthand for writing x86 machine instructions, etc.

c# on the condition that indians will not be allowed to name variables anymore

D

If you want to be a hacker you need to learn Elisp

C++, It can, even tho harder, can be used for the things all the others are used for

C++
C is not good because I don't wanna spend half my time programming all the data structures I will need.
C# is just as bad as java

I'd just quit programming in general.

HolyC is the only language anyone needs

Just as bad? that shit is mostly windows-only.

>I've never heard of Mono before
mono-project.com/

Choose C and you can make anything else you need, including other programming languages.

>C#, it's extremely easy to do GUI and database bullshit with it
this is true.
Also if you pay a bit attention during development c# programs are extremely portable

Deprecated garbage

Definitely C. Its low-level enough that it can be adapted to new platforms. Unless technology radically changes you'll still be able to use C.

C++. I don't want to get stuck with C for the rest of my life.

C# is less likely to stay useful if it is dropped by microsoft. C++ is less nice to use than C#, but it's good enough for many situations and exposing C API's will never be obsolete, while C# API's will definitely become obsolete at some point.