I'm thinking about getting a blackberry passport to use as a cell phone because it has a physical keyboard and I'm...

I'm thinking about getting a blackberry passport to use as a cell phone because it has a physical keyboard and I'm fucking sick of touchpad keyboards.

Say I throw lineageOS on this, would I be able to run it on verizon? Any other alternatives with physical keyboards that you guys prefer?

so autistic people are getting into phones now eh?

Why not a KeyOne?

>blackberry still makes stuff
Whoa

Are they better? From what I've seen the passport has better reviews, is cheaper, and looks like a more comfortable shape.

I'll look at the keyone again though.

My main question still stands, will running lineageOS allow me to use this with verizon?

you can't install any Android ROM on it as it isn't based on Android. Only thing it has is an outdated Android JellyBean runtime.

Bummer, I had a feeling this might be the case.

Is there any way to get a passport (or keyone) to run on verizon?

buy one that isnt OEM locked and it will work with Verizon.

KeyOne has screen popping out problems

It's not that simple. Verizon uses CDMA and iirc the Passport's GSM-only. Verizon does use SIM cards for LTE though so I believe he could it on Verizon only with LTE coverage.

Thanks for the help...looks like passport isnt a viable option.

Any good physical keyboard phone fo4 verizon? Or am I fucked? (Verizon is the only cell company with service where I live and work cause they built a cell tower here)

What the fuck are you doing on a smartphone that actually requires a physical touchscreen and is worth giving up having a pocketable smartphone?

The Passport's pocketable.

Not on new ones

There's no way to flash anything on it

Why would you waste such a nice device with android anyway?

Because android has a lot more apps that I use. I speak from experience, using an unpopular OS for a smartphone sucks, I had a windows phone for my first smartphone.

>holding that up to your face in public

Oh no, random strangers think my phone is large

>Say I throw lineageOS on this
Not going to happen.

>would I be able to run it on verizon?
Lineage OS doesn't modify your baseband at all, dumbfuck.

You'd want the KEYone, OP, as it's Android (not rootable or really hackable but even so it's a great device) and yes it has a physical keyboard.

The issues with the screen have been resolved courtesy of TCL finally putting more sticky tape inside the assembly like they should have when it was first released.

>say I throw lineageos on this
You can't

And apple has bending problems and touch disease but these aren't new nor on the latest models either