Almost 20 years down the road, and if you want any real work done on your computer...

Almost 20 years down the road, and if you want any real work done on your computer, Windows XP is STILL a better choice than modern Linux or Mac.

elaborate

>20 years
Why is it so hard for people to move on? Sure Windows XP was great but that was 20 years ago. Any Windows XP machine connected to the Internet is just asking to get hacked..

It's more efficient than later versions of Windows, that's for damn sure, but virtually no modern software supports it anymore. None of the major browsers have supported it for several months or years now. Not to mention security holes that are a pain in the ass to patch, and the 64-bit version is buggy and hard to find, so you're stuck with 3GB of RAM.

Why do you need "modern" software? You think programs were useless back then? Security holes are bullshit: if you're a home user behind a NAT a don't run enlarge_your_penis.exe there is a zero chance of infection.

>Security holes are bullshit
>behind a NAT
First off, security holes suck and yes they are bullshit in general but doesn't mean they should be ignored.. Keeping software up-to-date prevents hackers from targeting you system by the software vulnerabilities. Second, regardless you are behind a NAT, you are still connected to the Internet and you are at risk even more because you are running an outdated OS that no longer is supported. The only way you truly would be secure and safe is if you were running Windows XP encrypted offline, BIOS password enabled, USB ports disabled, no optical drive, strong password.

By modern software I meant browsers. None of the Big Three browsers support XP anymore, and using old versions is not only yet another security risk, many websites will be horribly broken on them. Plus plugins like adblockers probably will complain about the old version.

>underageb& who actually think XP was a good OS at the time
its launch was an unmitigated disaster that makes windows 10 look like a polished product

I have a weird windows XP machine and I'm pretty sure I installed the latest firefox snd adblock on it.

They dropped support in September even for security updates

windows xp was never great my friend.

If you hadn't used Windows 2000 before it was a fucking godsend
Unlike 98 or let alone ME stuff just fucking werked for once

There are at least 4 pc running XP in my workplace. I can shitpost, watch yt/random videos, browse with no ads (among other things) on them and besides some messages like "you need to upgrade tour system" popping up, the're fine.
Actually, all of them are supposed to be on XP, but my boss asked me to install w7 on most of them because iTunes or some shit

>16 year try to feel like oldfags
you don't understand the kind of shit that xp was when it was originally released. it had so many bugs and easy exploits.

What work? Please, walk me through how offline Windows XP is better, keeping in mind that connecting XP to the internet means that you're gonna get infected with something, as the average time to XP infection is lower than the time it takes to get the latest updates (which are STILL horribly outdated by today's standards).

The Times They Are A Changin'

Programming old PLCs.

how do yu even get infected

Sorry, kid, but Windows was never good.

it got good when it went blue

>any wageslave work
ftfy
I need linux for my job.

Be glad at least that your boss knows what's good. You wouldn't have a good productivity if he asked to install W10.

>"he"
Not that lucky user. Thankfully she probably doesn't know w10 even exists, where talking about an office where I'm the "computer expert" just because I can handle basic shit. Just to give you an example she asked me why is she getting the "your windows is not original" message (daz is still keeping the rest activated), tell her it might been an update, offer to fix it, she gets mad at me and asks a friend on watsapp how to disable updates herself, it took her about an hour
Fuck, I should greentext this stuff. Also have a co-worker that's a 60yo who is a total anoying cunt, no one can stand her. Her computer cant even turn off because she got mad at updates installing while turning off she unpluged it, 8 months later windows is still trying to install that update
Fuck I derailed, basically my job sucks

>it had so many bugs and easy exploits.
>had

>a good productivity
hello pajeet

>just asking to get hacked
Is ALREADY hacked