NVIDIA Next Generation GPU Rumored To Be Called “Ampere”

wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-ampere-gpu-rumor/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/7c4uq4/after_pascal_comes_ampere_not_volta_first_infos/dpobyq6/
wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-ampere-gpu-rumor/
anandtech.com/show/11913/nvidia-announces-drive-px-pegasus-at-gtc-europe-2017-feat-nextgen-gpus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

o boi im ready to preorder my incremental upgrade at full msrp

>Ampere
for fuck's sake
don't do this

How about a reasonably priced card designed for 1440p gameplay?

kek, if they really call them ampere then they are fucking up with Zotac, "nvidia ampere Amp! edition" sounds retarded.

Crankin' the Ampere up eh

It's just a code name like Pascal/Volta, right?

>full msrp
top jej nigger, you're going to pay msrp++ thanks to minerfags

ampere isnt the name of the gpu shit for brains itll be the 1100 or 2000 series AMP edition

>poor ampere

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Volta * Ampere = Watts

Three Physics,most basic formula on electricity.

Reminder NOT to fall for the Volta meme and to Just Waitâ„¢ for Ampere so that you don't get cucked.

1070 ti

>And on a completely unrelated note it has a 3 kW TDP
Thanks for them amps nvidia

I bet it will use a lot of those.

That feel when vega was such a flop, nvidia is going to delay volta by a year to not create a competition for themselves.

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/7c4uq4/after_pascal_comes_ampere_not_volta_first_infos/dpobyq6/

>I imagine there was some mix-up or poor translation going on here, what I imagine they mean, is Ampere is the next GPU architecture that will succeed Volta, and will be announced at GTC 2018. NVIDIA's roadmap currently ends at Volta, beyond that, we have no idea. I imagine in 2018 we'll see the release of Volta for consumers and at GTC 2018 we'll see an updated roadmap post-Volta, what will include Ampere.

Will the one after that be called ohm?

I've been waiting since kelper and you people still tell me to wait.

>Ampere
>AMPERE
Soon we will see the buttcoin mining farms and (((Google))) AI centres burn, and it will be glorious.

>wccft
Literally opened a pajeet link from chat yesterday.
Site didn't work.
Went back and called site poo.
Got banned.
Street shitters are so sensitive.

As for novidia, inb4 gimpworks get released.

>wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-ampere-gpu-rumor/

Retarded name.

anandtech.com/show/11913/nvidia-announces-drive-px-pegasus-at-gtc-europe-2017-feat-nextgen-gpus

Ampere is the Post Volta GPU microarchitecture

Heise.de can't even report the news correctly and everyone thinks Ampere is after Pascal which is wrong

>the wait will be totally worth it user

>Retarded name.
You do understand how nvidia names its gpu architectures, ... don't you?

Using ElementaryOS with encrypted /home. How the heck do I resize my partition to dual boot windows 10?
>inb4 why
Visual Studio

Oops wrong thread.

Fahrenheit - RIVA TNT/TNT2
Celsius - GeForce 1/2
Kelvin - GeForce 3/4
Rankine - GeForce FX
Curie - GeForce 6/7
Tesla - GeForce 8/9/200
Fermi - GeForce 400/500
Kepler - GeForce 600/700
Maxwell - GeForce 900
Pascal - GeForce 10

Whatever comes next year they FUCKING GOT TO implement nvlink for sli connections.

This is the only bottleneck right now making incremental addition of cards spit out diminishing returns. If only they made it possible to harvest bigger gains from sli, the armies of neckbeards would bankrupt their parents just to make some idiotic hyper-machines with quad sli or something.

It's possible since they're named after famous physicists

who gives a shit?

Sometimes it feels good being a poorfag.
I play on 1080p and my 960 which I upgraded after years on a 560 ti is doing great.
I even considered buying some sort of used 780 or something but I don't really think I would use it all anyways.

Also this Love when you go to a fucking store and there's "Limit one per customer" together with a bonus extra price margin in the item because minerfags.

Me

Could be worse.
Wait until they start naming them after today's TV "physicists", pic related.