Post your country's public transportation

Post your country's public transportation.

Oh wait we got rid of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago-l.org/stations/quincy-wells.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>american education

pretty alright

thank mr park.

Please let my shithole have a good highways and roads. It's just impossible how bad they are.

Just look at this stupid piece of SHIT.

THANK MR PARK

Only communists care about public transportation

Kill yourself communist piece of shit I hope trump executes you with firing squad

>you will never be an American in the 1960s
>you will never rub your hands together with glee as you oversee 18th century Boston town center being torn down
>you will never personally pick up a chisel and deface a particularly ornate housefront while shouting 'DIE, DIE QUALITY OF LIVING!' out of excitement
>you will never conduct the machines while singing 'Concrete, tarmac, plexiglass steel'
>you will never shout MORE MCDONALDS, PUT ANUTHA ONE OVA THERE, WHERE THE 19TH CENTURY AQUARIUM USED TO BE!
>you will never personally make sure that not one blade of grass or tree remains in the entire metropolis

dem amerifeels, man

kek, our train graffiti "ended" in 00's. Before that time you couldn't spot non sprayed train.

If you don't have exact change, you're scum. But nobody knows the fare until the driver tells you!

This is the trap that separates locals from outsiders, who are to be feared and reviled.

I like trams desu. They make me feel comfy.

If enough people wanted it we would have it. People who can afford cars are not going to use it.

>People who can afford cars are not going to use it.

they have a strange shape

Cars are sometimes an inconvenience

>he doesn't realise that large car & oil conglomerates bought out the Pacific Electric company and put it out of business
>he doesn't realise his country's lack of public transport is in large part due to political lobbying

>You came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker.

>Oh wait we got rid of them
I take it you live in that infamous shithole known as Los Angeles. Other US cities have mass transit.

moving from Phoenix to Seattle was a culture-shock
actually using the buses to get around instead of your own car blew my mind

lmao, youre in the eu, why don't you build roads then?

having a chauffeur > STREET CARS/TRAMS > walking > driving > bus

For me at least. Street cars give you a really smooth enjoyable ride because they're on rails. The busses we have aren't suitable for human transit, probably because they're the low riding accessible kind and vibrate a lot.

>If you don't have exact change, you're scum. But nobody knows the fare until the driver tells you!

Yes, fuck every public transportation system outside of London. Oyster should just be usable everywhere.

Phoenix has one of the best public transports around. Not as good as Seattle, but top 5 definitely.

We just have cool buses and some sky trams but no metro or passenger trains.

Here as well. For some reason, you can't really find any sprayed wagons since around ten years, even though the laws against the sprayers changed only in the past four years.

Pic related is a regular 2nd grade passenger car here. These babies were made back in the '60s, but still functioning well, even though some cleaning would be necessary.

Trams are way better. This is a new Skoda and an old CKD tram in Miskolc. Both are comfy af.

Sorry, rest of the US, world's finest system coming through.

>inb4 crowded and dirty
Fuck off, it's the biggest in the world and is the only major system to run 24 hours a day.

Portland arguably has the best light rail especially when you consider the fact that it's significantly smaller than Seattle or Phoenix

>n-no these african crimes were personal thing of that king leopold

>Miskolc

I didn't even know we had electricity there

It's embarrassingly filthy though, worse in the 80s of course but still disgusting

You can remove grafitti paint with a relatively cheap solvent leaving the train's paint unmarked as long as the train was painted with some kind of acrylic paint, like some cars

>our subway workers got an union
>they are only required to work 5 hours a day because """""unhealthy environment""""" and """"""""""""no sunlight"""""""""""""
>they earn slightly more than the average worker working 8 hours a day
>they go on strikes every 6 months anyways

automated driving systems can't come fast enough

It's pretty good for a U.S. city.

Ireally like nyc metro. it's really charming, especially the trains themselves.

This photo is terrifying

Reminds me of those things from Robots (2005)

what about ours ;_;

yours is great too. clean (mostly), modern and great maps. but a distinct lack of air conditioners!

our new trains are getting AC 2bh

literally savage

LA has rebuilt most of it's light rail, at least the core Pacific Electric lines. The only major gap that needs to be filled is a line through Sepulveda pass, along with the Orange line being turned into light rail (it's currently a busway on a train right of way).

Pacific Electric wasn't economical in the first place. In 1950 the entire system needed modernization, but all the federal money was going into highways (9 out of every 10 dollars spent on freeway construction in CA came courtesy of USDOT). SP sold it off because it was losing money and that was the point where it died. Though, things have changed because the Interstate system is totally built out meanwhile Congress doesn't want to pay for anything now. Given the constriction in money, rail is more attractive.

please, the NY metro is not nearly as bad as BART. None of their escalators or elevators work due to homeless people shitting in them. And due to their special snowflake power system (NYC runs at 650 vDC, BART 1000 vDC), mechanical failures are extremely common (ie at least one per commute hour). BART itself has their entire system periodically shut down due to major power failures.

who /boston green line/

ugly, dirty, smells bad, loud, full of brown people

pretty representative of france

I liked the DC metro the best when I visited. They don't allow food on their trains so it's incredibly clean, and the humongous stations means the air can circulate so it's not hot as balls like some other metros are. Plus, it's just plain cool looking. Fallout 3 did a perfect job of recreating it.

For comparison, you can see in this picture just how fucking hot and humid the NY Subway is.

Who the fuck needs public transportation?

Walk, ride a bike, or buy a vehicle you niggers

Yes, buy our trams

are those horse stables

US/Canada/Aus are very different in terms of public transport

Patented wooden technology to keep the subway cars apart from each other.

are yours 24/7? moscow ones close at 1am

>barefoot loli
HNNNGH

Pretty based. I especially like the Quincy station they restored to roughly its original appearance:

chicago-l.org/stations/quincy-wells.html

Not sure what it's like in other parts of Canada but in my city we have limited bus transport.

public transport is the supreme solution to traffic, pollution in cities and lack of parking spaces. Any decently sized city should focus on it.

nope but they're making 24/7 lines

Maybe, I have no idea as I have never been in a city with more than half a million people so I don't know shit is in large cities

It looks like this

why do they bother driving?

there's no other option

>Pacific Electric wasn't economical in the first place.
>I don't understand civilization and civilized life.

Libraries and parks aren't profit makers either. If it wasn't for your niggers, American cities would have functioned like normal cities.

Because it's the only option in many places, and is flexible (you can take your car wherever you want, which is not true for transit), and is central to suburban life, which is considered part of the American Dream. Traffic, especially when usually not as bad as the pic, is a comparatively small price to pay. Even Chicago, a city with decent transit infrastructure, has its highways packed with commuters from the suburbs.

>all those cars could be replaced by one (1) train

>central to suburban life, which is considered part of the American Dream.
It wasn't part of the American Dream until the 1950s when blacks flooded the midtowns and inner cities.

Or you could have better public transport and then never pay "the price"

To fully understand the dysfunction of American cities you have to consider the racial divide. The inner cities where public transport makes sense are inhabited by people whose taxes can't sustain it.

Yeah, too bad. Thanks to white flight, cities like Detroit and Buffalo got fucked. Thanks white people.

Same here.

It is now, however. American cities were a lot denser in the first half of the 20th century than they are now. I've heard a conspiracy theory that the US government promoted suburban growth so that the soviets wouldn't have an upper hand and take out a lot of the population due it being clustered tight together.

Cars are still necessary to drive across the country and between cities due to American Geography rendering HSR uneconomical (though that is another thread). That being said, most US cities can improve on public transit to reduce intra-city congestion.

Railroads are companies, and streetcars were just local branches for the "core" railroad, responsible for last-mile deliveries of cargo. Trucks took that market as cars took passenger service. Land use changed and people began moving out of the traditional cities into new car-exclusive suburbs while the federal government built freeways. Gas was cheap, but price controls on train tickets and cargo were not relaxed (until the 1980s). Pacific Electric (and it's counterpart East Bay Electric) had no chance.

And, when cities did decide to do public transit buses were objectively cheaper to buy and individual homeowners wanted an extra 10-15 feet added onto their properties (as when tracks were ripped up, people next to the track got larger backyards).

Things have only changed recently due to the immense increase in congestion as suburbs begin to urbanize.

>I've heard a conspiracy theory that the US government promoted suburban growth so that the soviets wouldn't have an upper hand and take out a lot of the population due it being clustered tight together.
I actually thought about this as well. It makes sense to spread out during the atomic age.

>riding the clean and safe subway home after a day of classes at Harvard

Boston comfy

really makes you think

see

would rather take the 401 at rush hour

What are you doing in the UK?