>fined for not having stalin foto
every fucking time

>don't have €1,000
>watch fine TV

Wtf, i hate the eu

>fined R$1000 for not having R$1000

>don't have a TV license
>get called and questioned
>had to lie and say i dont have internet, computer, smartphone etc.
Literally happened to me 2 days ago tbqh

>have a tv
>money collector suddenly comes to my house
>turn off all lights and keep calm until he goes away

every fucking time

>Haven't ever paid license
>Lived 6 different places
>Just throw the letter out, 0 calls or questions
Why do they call you?

>be a millionaire
>drive 20 km/h over the speed limit
> 13000 euro fine

>rejected the gas supply
>signed the deal that I really don't want them to provide gas into my flat in the commiblock
>have to pay for gas by the prosecutor asseveration anyway
>thank putin it costs less then if I for some reason want to apply for a lawyer

>this is an actual thing
What the fuck Brit bongs, do you have to ask permission from the queen to breathe too?
Can't you pussies just collectively refuse to pay it?
Your police aren't even armed, what're they going to dofine, you to death?

>have a black skin
>get shot
t. murica

>Don't have a weed license
>pay for 1000 syrian refugees

>this is an actual thing
What the fuck Brit bongs, do you have to ask permission from the queen to breathe too?
Can't you pussies just collectively refuse to pay it?
Your police aren't even armed, what're they going to do, fine you to death? Stop big Ben from bonging so you're all late to your refugee cuck session?
Cancel downtown Abbey?

Watching tv is not a right, so I don't see this as an issue. Applying for a licence and taking tests shows that you can be responsible with what you watch.

>only get welfare fine
>don't pay yle tax

dunno
I've only been called twice in the 2 years I've lived on my own, though.

>No tap license
>pay £1000 each for a hot and cold tap license

>refugee cuck session
that isn't us Jean-Zhang Patel

TV licence tests are like a week of studying at most and that's if you're a complete retard, don't see the problem tbqh

Exactly, Eurotards and Amerfats can't seem to understand this.

>TFW Failed the Sitcom and Drama section
>Have to retake the test next week

I know of someone who forgot how to spell his name in an exam in school, but still passed his TV licence test first time

frig off Nigel Usman al-Britani

>Have a computer or mobile phone
>Get fined for not having a TV licence because you can still access "play services on the internet".

Radiotjänst used to do this, but they eventually got turned down in court and had to pay back many milions in licence fees they had collected from random people.

Same. They also knocked on my door once but I was napping and not wearing pants so while I was finding some pants they knocked on my neighbour's door and when he opened his door I heard the terrible sentence "det fra DR licens."

Then I went back to bed.

>TV license tests

What exactly do those entail? How do you pass/fail?

To be fair like, Dot and that other old hag look the same.

>Euro tards and Amerifats don't understand why Brit bongs aren't responsible enough to watch TV.
Do you guys ask permission from Abdul to cry while he's raping your daughter?

It's a multiple choice exam of 50 questions on aspects of British TV culture
You fail by getting below 40%

>having tv in 2016
>got fined for not having licence
lul

We don't get permission from Abdul, we get a licence from the Ministry of Equality

>Deaths by Televisions and accessories in Canada : 135
>Deaths by Televisions and accessories in England and Wales: 17

>The City of Canadia

Why are canadians so stupid?

Is it to fight the russian propaganda being broadcasted on your local TV stations?

Do you have an internet license?

Why isn't Sup Forums.org blocked in the UK?

Fascinating. Obviously nothing like it exists in the US, but it's interesting to think about what would be on it if it did (likely a lot of Simpsons, News Stuff, etc.), but even that's hard given the diverse nature of US television.

Is it a one-time thing, or do you have to take it every time you renew your license/ get a new one?

Small background check and followed by multiple choice test with culture and 'health and safety' do(s) and don't(s), what's responsible content to watch.

>The licence fee is used almost entirely to fund BBC domestic radio, television and internet services.
Why not just fund it with sales tax like every other developed country with a state broadcaster?

Have to retake it every time the license needs renewal.

>BBC
Big Black Coock pedophiles club.

Every 10 years. Same as your driving licence, passport and other Licences (Kitchen Appliances and other Metallic products Licence, Bathtubs, Showers and Waterworks Licence etc.)

>Why not just fund it with sales tax like every other developed country with a state broadcaster?

Are you joking? Almost every other advanced economy a tv licence, and unlike most of them its not even illegal to not pay ours. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licence

>Is it to fight the russian propaganda being broadcasted on your local TV stations?
No. It was something to do with making sure only the upper class had TVs or something

>Do you have an internet license?
Surprisingly no, but there is apparently some legislation that has been in the works for years which would introduce an internet licence, but each day goes by it's looking more and more unlikely because of how many people have access to the internet nowadays.

Why isn't Sup Forums.org blocked in the UK?
I don't know why

CBC is paid for by sales tax with no need for a silly euphemistic "TV license" that is actually just a flat tax to fund the state broadcaster.

Ah. In the US, you can just simply purchase a Television set and simply tune it to broadcast, or more often people pay for cable/satellite. There's also no Appliances or Waterworks licenses; you get those as long as you can pay the respective bills, which is dirt cheap for utilities due to the fact that the utility companies can only charge enough to break even/make a tiny profit instead of price gouging.

global boger face

yeah but CBC is cancer

I didnt say canada, I said almost all. And its looking like the licence will get abolished soon anyway

we have lots of stupid things like that where it should just be an extra tax and not outed as a separate thing

TV Licences and Student loans are made out to be separate things from taxes taken from wages, when they could easily be included in them

In the UK I mean, which will make us one of the few european countries without a tv licence

What is a TV license?
Do brite have to learn how to drive it?

Its pretty irrelevant if you're under 40 but its not like its offensive in any way. BBC is way better but it also has exponentially more funding.

see

GEZ

Yes, you need airbreak certification so if the tv goes off you don't hurt others

Wait, the fuck? Why do you fish'n'brits need to pass a test to watch TV? I mean, does it even work in making people smart/responsible???

see
> It was something to do with making sure only the upper class had TVs or something

>its looking like the licence will get abolished soon anyway

this many people can't be that gullible

Dubs checked.

>other Licences (Kitchen Appliances and other Metallic products Licence, Bathtubs, Showers and Waterworks Licence etc.)

RU Sirius? You need a license to operate your bathtub & shower?

I can't tell if this is a good thread or a shit one desu

>RU Sirius? You need a license to operate your bathtub & shower?
Hoses, faucets and liquid containers over 5 Litres are also covered under that licence.

Wow, literally unfabricatable. What is the rationale behind that license, and does it seem like it'll go away soon like the TV one?

>This many people can't be gullible
Unfortunately Brit bongs are actually this cucked by their government. Thought this was a troll thread at first but then I actually looked it up

>Tfw Brits can afford all these licenses but still refuse to get a dental hygiene license.

Kek, but I'm still wondering about

>yank cunts are this stupid

>paying to watch TV

I know there is alot of meming in here but could someone explain the actual purpose of a TV license?

I knew that existed in UK but now Danes are talking about it and I am very confused and intrigued.

Like I said, mostly for safety reasons, knowing what content on tv is responsible to watch.

You don't really need a dental hygiene license desu

IIRC, it's to pay for the BBC, and apparently the test is to evaluate whether Brits are able to watch "responsible content" on TV, but IDK what that means.

Sorry, I meant the bathtub/5 L water license. Is it real, and if so, what's it for?

>mfw this thread

Unlike BBC, Radiotjänst can't do jack shit if you never confess.

So like nothing that's politically controversial, racist, sexist and so forth.

Oh, well it comes down to old British pluming. So our hot water and bathroom water isn't drinking water because it comes from an internal tank, that unless is new might make you sick. You need the certification that you can correctly operate boilers and the water that comes out of them.

The FAA has a similar regulation before the so-called "safe harbor", where public television may air indecent material from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. local time. However, the responsibility for it is on the broadcaster rather than the viewer.

And that makes sense. In the US the tap water is all from the same source, so it's all (or none in cases like Flint) safe to drink. I thought it was going to be for something comparatively asinine such as "water conservation" in Britain of all places.

>So like nothing that's politically controversial, racist, sexist and so forth.

absolutely cucked

What did you expect it was for?

Don't you Swedes have to pay a tax on everything that can play music that goes directly to the record companies to make up for piracy, even if you don't pirate? but yet piracy is still illegal

I honestly had no idea. In the US the only license the average person needs is a driving license.

It's actually for "private copying", but yeah. I make sure to privately import all that to avouid supporting the government's cronies.

We used to have that. Fortunately, it got shot down by our Supreme Court, but not after having applied for a decade. Private copy is still legal, though, and has become a loophole for piracy.

We have that too. Just goes to show the kind of logical backflips politicians will do to please their corporate overlords.

hope we don't have that in norway that would be shameful
I think empty casette tapes are very expensive due to piracy of the radio but don't know about the rest

This is the bastard behind this, don't you just want to beat him into a bloody pulp begging for mercy?

If you're into the occult, you can help out. Their website provides nice press photos and a vector version of their logo, better than pic related. I printed it out along with the press photos and placed it under a table leg under my computer, really heavy.

>buy any form of digital media storage
>have to pay tax on it because copyright lobby claims everybody pirates
Fuck "artists"

how does it feel to have your politics controlled by american special interests

just found more information
we used to have a tax on cassette tapes until 2005, then it was removed, and now the government pays the companies directly instead of having the tax on memory sticks and hard drives. still just as wrong but more hidden. why does the government have to compensate for that

when we already pay for piracy it's only fair that we actually do it too

but i guess the anime companies in japan get no money from the government, only the big american music producers.
so unfair.

The money is only spread amongst Dutch artists. Piracy is fully legal here so long as you don't spread it yourself.

There's few things I'd enjoy more than seeing all those crapsack executives impoverished and enslaved to pay back everything they've gained.

press f for my sides

There's literally nothing wrong with sensible tv control.

Background checks, maximum number channel of per box, semi-auto remotes.

what do their television detectors look like? Do they need to drive a Van containing such devices down each street or can they do it from one central location?

They have vans and a central database of all the buildings in the UK.

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a record of each person that buys a TV and then cross correlate this to who has a license?
The only downside to this is that it would also need to be made illegal to sell TVs secondhand.

>be in switzerland
>drive one kilometer over the speed limit
>25,000 francs fine