If you are using JS outside the web, please kill yourself

It's all flash again.

Stop using that inbred nigger language and write native code:

Java/Kotlin/Swift -> Mobile World
C/C++/Rust/FPC -> Desktop
PHP/Java/C#/Python/Ruby -> Backend
HTML/CSS/Javascript -> Frontend (WASM will crush this shit anyway)

If you're using JS *inside* the web, please kill yourself even more.

No options until WASM comes... Even "transpile to JS" languages are locked into JS semantics.

For most sites HTML and CSS would be enough. But I guess nowadays every website needs to be an application even if all you're doing is displaying text and images.

>you have to learn 12 different languages to appease my autism

why dont you kys kid

I hate bloated web based applications as much as the next faggot but you're not going to stop it by making shitty threads on Sup Forums.

>he only knows JS
>calls other people 'kid'

>PHP/Java/C#/Python/Ruby -> Backend
What's wrong with C and/or shell scripts?

One of the advantages is that it can actually be lighter on server side load. Instead of the server dynamically generating and then feeding you complete HTML pages, it just feeds you a bunch of scripts (which probably get cached locally) and then the scripts interact with various API endpoints on the server which provide "raw" content which is then processed browser-side in order to get something for the user to look at. It's obviously heavier on the client and it's fucking awful, but it can make sense as a design decision for systems with shitloads of users.

Depending on the application, it may not bring you any practical advantage in terms of performance. If your backed system spends the vast majority of its time waiting for some DB server, then any performance improvement you get from pure native code may be entirely negligible.

I'm just talking in terms od it being easier to write, since C + UNIX shell are godlike in terms of text processing.

It's not going to be easier to write than systems which essentially already come with fully functional web servers and all you have to do is plug your custom content into them.

To be honest, I used to absolutely loathe javascript because of all its quirks, but once I started abusing said quirks in creative ways it quickly became one of the most fun languages to program in.

>"[obect Object]"
fucken saved topkek

> abusing quirks in creative ways

Programming isn't a laboratory experiment, friend.
We need the real tools for the job.

> Sup Forums
> not shitpost center

Js is useful for minor features on many sites, like opening the quick reply box when you click the post number. You must be one of those minimalist fags who thinks we should sacrifice usability for the sake of saving RAM or whatever.

The problem with javascript isn't that it's bad, but that it shouldn't be used to write desktop software, because requiring a js engine to run your code is just bloat.

>running js even in the web
kys

>For most sites HTML and CSS would be enough.
Said the poster while refreshing with his Sup Forums userscripts.

>Desktop
+=Java/C#

yes, and the most efficient way is to add this to your a tag
href="javascript:quote('63353496');"

genius!

Why not Go for backend? It's pretty much C and suited really well for infrastructure and networking. Combined with basic shell scripts, it's very powerful.

Javascript is fine for those features. Making a website that loads megabytes worth of javascript libraries to render a page to display an image is not.

Clojurescript is very comfy. Lots of langs compile down to JS. It's not a big deal in the same way Java isn't a big deal cause other JVM languages can get the same thing done.