Build your own

First post best post

>buy glass desk
>few years later
>hear a loud noise in the middle of the night
>think something big crashed into my roof
>turns out the glass desk broke and there are glass parts everywhere

took me about 2.5 hours to clean up

Ive got a pretty nice L desk i got on amazon, the model is Pirhana but i dont remember the brand. spent £80 on it and pretty happy, a lot sturdier than expected, it was meant as a go between temporary desk but its that tough ive kept it and it matches the rest of my cheap ass furniture too.

Buy a restaurant grade table top and put some legs in it. It's better quality than the cheap junk you find in consumer "office desks" that are basically just corrugated fibre board with a veneer. If you can cut and finish a top yourself get 3 pieces of plywood and interlace them so the grain is perpendicular like a weave, should be thick and rigid for anything you place on it. And then add legs.

Personally I just bought a memestanding desk and it's pretty nice, but it'll be like 3x the cost of just building one yourself

Forgot, butcher blocks are a nicer but more expensive alternative to restaurant tops. Butcher blocks are solid wood planks glues together, restaurant tops are mdf

+1 for tabletop
>solid beech tabletop from ikea: $90
>legs: $60
and still cheaper than most shitty particleboard desks

>max load 110lb
>solid wood
Right... be careful when buying from Ikea OP. Also consider screwing in a crossbar support on the bottom of the table top.

Go to home depot, and/or lowes. Buy a plank of wood + post. Tell them to drill holes, and cut the post into 4 table legs. Buy screws, or nails, and put it together at home.
You now have a strong table for maybe $100-$200 depending on the wood that you chose.

just buy any (screw it by yourself in less 1 hour) in any local nearby furniture shop.
bought my computer desk like 14 years ago.
it was dirt cheap. still in very good condition.

>just make an unfinished desk out of the most garbage wood you can buy at ripoff rates!
Time to stop

Faggots like you can just get something from ikea like user suggested , and be happy with your 110 lbs. max load piece of shit. That, or just be happy with that $100-$200 particle board desk.

>110 lbs
are you planning banging sister on it ?
why do you need such high weight support limit?

Do the smart thing and build your own.
Pic related, 4 chair legs from Ikea, top out of...particlewood??? (not a native english speaker, might get lost in translation), and even built and welded a reinforcement frame for good measure, and stop it from bending down in the long run.
All done, around 120€ give or take

>chair legs

fuck. desk legs

The Fredde from Ikea is actually amazing

What are weight restrictions? Guess you didn't follow instructions.

I have one of these except the shitty white parts are a matching brown.
Don't know what makes a good desk but it stands and the drawers are fluid.

I did this, bought an Ikea Hammarp & some hairpin legs. All told, it is relatively cheap, large, looks nice, and the thing's built like a tank.

My younger brother had one spontaneously explode with nothing more than a laptop and a few small bits and bobs on it. I think it's thermal expansion/contraction that causes them to blow up sometimes.