Be american

>be american
>required to own a car to live
i cant make this shit up senpai You have to pass miles of open road and giant empty parking lots to get anywhere. this country looks like shit.

just take bus?

Depressing
I'd kill myself

Yeah, idk how you can tolerate it. It also gives rise to those fucking depressing suburbs where anything significant is 30 minutes away.

Hahhahhahahahah

Where did it all go wrong?

If you live 30 minutes from anything significant you either a) live too far and should move closer to society b) are a farmer or c) are okay with the distance.

I know America is different from most countries because of commute times but not really a bad thing :^)

This isn't true at all. You need a car if you want to live in the middle of nowhere, but this is true almost every country.

I grew up in San Francisco and definitely didn't need a car.

However, I can't imagine life without a car, regardless of where you live. Driving is one of the greatest and freest things on earth.

>implying the car companies didn't fund campaigns to remove public transport and convince the public that this was a good thing

Everything being spread out is depressing as fuck. commute time isn't the problem

living in a densitied small land is not much better though im jealous american landscape

Parking lots: the country

i have the opportunity to live in a nice big house in th the metropolitan region
but currrently i live in an apartment near everything: shoppings, pharmacies, clinics, restaurants, groceries, schools etc. all reachable by foot, i prefer this.

I live in one of the most densely populated states in the US and I still need a car. Public transport is shit here unless you like taking three hours to get somewhere.

>Driving is one of the greatest and freest things on earth.

I will never understand viewing cars as anything other than the way views a wrench, screwdriver, or any other kind of tool. I find nothing enjoyable about driving.

It's understandable if you need a car to live in the midwest and western states, given the vast barren area making most other methods uneconomical.

Where do you live?

this
i only enjoy it as a passenger
i never drived, but i know it's very stressing

>driving
>paying thousands a year to wait your turn at the stop sign
>freeing

The sprawl is cancer
t. farmer

only normies have the courage to drive around

that's why only normies get to survive in america. if you were severely autistic you would crash and get weeded out of the genepool

Walk more, cars are like a ball and chain that make you go faster

probably new jersey

everyone and everything is clumped together like shit. but all the offices and commercial areas are clumped together 20 miles away from where everyone lives

why are suburbs in america so bad planned?
you have a bunch of houses but no services close, why dont they do it like in Japan?

Rhode Island. Weird state thats part of the Greater Boston area so its mostly city.
tbf tho we're known for having an absolutely useless, corrupt state government made up of that taxes us for everything and offers very little help to the public beyond supporting dindus.

automobiles, the machine jew

Rhode Island but its basically the same setup. We're refereed to as the New Jersey of Boston often. Southern RI is somewhat comfy but the government are absolutely cuck-tier and I hope to move once I have the funds.

>LA looks like shit
What's new?

it is actually pretty comfy along the shores, but I heard east coast is much more hell of a hard place to live compared to the west coast

I actually have a cousin who moved down south and with what would have got him an acceptable apartment here, he has a somewhat decent house with a pool.

>be Japanese

>driving is stressful
no it isnt. Its quite relaxing really as long as you are not on a busy highway or driving through a densely populated city

>tfw here 15 minute drive will take you to the city center
>tfw sea is only 15 minutes away as well

This is why NYC is the best city

>Visit friend in Chicago
>Area they live in literally has no sidewalks and surely walking on the road is a felony to an American citizen
>You can't legally leave this area without a car
wtf mang

I'm visiting family here, please don't spam me with RARE.

guy you responded to here

It's not stressful. There's just nothing enjoyable about it - it's a tool I use to get food, alcohol, and to and from work quicker, that's literally it. "Car people" have always struck me as weird as fuck, and the only ones I know are Italian wannabes with severe anger issues or northern rednecks.

>No sidewalks in Chicago
Bullshit, were you in one of the suburbs? And walking on the road, while frowned upon, is not illegal.

why does it strike you as weird? Im not even all that into cars myself but it seems like one of the least offensive hobbies you could possibly have

Suburbs yes.

This triggers the American.

Canadian cities are the same as this, but with less suburbs.

t. Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina and Winnipeg

what about ride a bicycle?

Alright, that's understandable, since suburbs are inherently auto-centric. I've been to suburbs around San Diego and St George, Utah, and none of them have had sidewalks.

This, North America is so disgustingly spread out, you need a car to do anything

that's only LA

use the "L"

I've never really noticed but I guess you're right but sadly for you I love driving and have a street legal dirt bike. I enjoy my time on the road.

Whether you think cars are convenient or not you can't really deny the complete destruction of aesthetics in America.

>Hates driving
Buy a motorcycle. Now you enjoy driving. Problem solved.

It's just not realistic to have mass public transit in North America bruh

>living in a flyover state

only gross poor people do that

If the houses weren't all universally ugly I'd probably like suburbs desu. I think I would be satisfied living in a Victorian themed suburb.

It's not like that everywhere in America. I live in the bay and could do ok without a car.

but i'm not poor enough

no that is definitely false. most of the California coast is more expensive than the East and really anything that isn't NYC/Long Island, DC/Maryland, or Boston is acceptable cost wise imo. New Jersey and Rhode Island are also shit but thats not because of price its because lol you have to fucking live in New Jersey or Rhode Island.

California coast is also a fuckton nicer than the East coast.

>be Slovene from Ljubljana
>everywhere is your sidewalk