developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Benchmarking
pastebin.com/raw/NrhZz31X
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-tools/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

vimper- oh FUCK

>FF57
Why do people use outdated software?

The typical tech illiterate Reddit setup now fuck off ba󠁓ck to Re󠁓ddit and stay there

>>reddit extensions
0/10

Which distro do you use that pulls the code directly from the developer's git/svn and compiles it?

>Privacy badger
>Cookie Autodelete
>Ublock Matrix
>Violent Monkey
>Smart HTTPS
I am still waiting for "New Private Tab" to be made into a web extension, but they require Mozilla to make fundamental changes to FF before that can happen.

The better question is to ask for the repo he gets it from.

extensions.pocket.enabled=false

aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-nightly/

You can download the browser from Mozilla's site directly, without compiling it.

This and reader.parse-on-load.enabled;false

Addons, ublock and umatrix

why is my Sup Forums x broken on violentmonkey?

who cares, greasemonkey works with v57 now

still works for me but for some reason the script got deleted on the update and i had to reinstall it

Works fine for me :^)

Check if you have latest version (2.8.18)

Can greasemonkey now download from gist and github properly?

does this completely disable reader mode? i quite like it for articles on badly designed sites.

Windows 10.

>sadpanda extension is broken

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WHy do you even need that? Just login in ehentai. Shit happens automatically.

Doesn't this just pull the latest binary build from the firefox servers? Check out the PKGBUILD, it downloads a tarball.

uBlock Origin can block bitcoin miners if you subscribe to the "resource abuse" filter list.

resource abuse is enabled by default afaik

what's your memory usage?

what time does 57 drop?

Patrician addons coming through

Saka Key is for the Vim-like keybinds.

Why not ad-blocker?

uBlock Origin
Cookie Autodelete
Decentraleyes
ViolentMonkey
Stylus

4th addon from the bottom is an adblocker, and it's also the best one.

Doesn't have "go to previous opened tab" option (gl (go last) in vimfx)
and when you fn or fF it opens at the end of the tab list not as the next tab.
also it makes alt+d not work which pisses me off

I think I found a better option

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vim-vixen/reviews/?src=api

Yeah I've tried that. It broke a few times, just stopped working and I don't know why.
I've been switching between vimium-ff, vim vixen, and saka key since vimfx stopped being viable. none of them are as good

I heard many extension devs gave up because they were frustrated by the limitations the new Web Extension format gave them

Why would Mozilla move to a more restricted format? I don't really understand that

Not the user you asked, but: the short answer is that it was necessary to make Firefox more secure, faster and to allow those improvements to happen faster in the future.

There are a bunch of pros/cons that had to be considered, it's obviously not all good - but it wasn't a decision made without a lot of thought and good reason. The longer they waited the worse the problem was getting.

IMO most of the worthwhile discussion is over the exact limits of the new API, not whether or not the changeover was a good idea.

I see, I guess that makes sense

the mozilla one

>no more private tab, betterprivacy, downthemall or sadpanda

or tab groups

long time NoScript user here. If I use uBlock in combination with uMatrix, are the hosts files in uMatrix that overlap with uBlock lists such as Malwaredomains and Ad server list still filling a purpose or should I disable them to save some ram usage?

dunno if it's new (i'm a chromium user actually) but if you feel that the tab bar / address bar are a bit too high you can set it to "compact" from the customize interface

There's a WebExt version of SadPanda, it's pretty trivial to convert the old version over. BetterPrivacy and Private Tab should both be possible now or in the near future? I think DownThemAll is definitely dead tho.

private tab's fucked

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/private-tab/

"Still not possible to implement using WebExtensions without changes from Firefox side."

>No Coin
>Privacy Badger
Useless if you've got uBlock Origin
>2 video downloaders
>reddit extensions
why hello there newfriend :^)

Why would you need an addon for private tabs if ff had it built in since forever? Did they remove it in 57?

Private windows yes, private tabs no.

When does arch get the update!! REEEEEEEEEEEEE

By the way anyone here who's using beta right now but will be moving to stable once 57 becomes available?

Private tab is a private window but it's integrated into the non private window and therefore turns into a tab

Anyone? I figured uMatrix is something almost everyone on Sup Forums uses these days. It seems to be doing quite a few unnecessary things that overlap with what uBlock is doing.

This. Staying with waterfox or palememe.

Nightly is more stable than stable

same here, vim-vixen worked ok for a week or so then link hinting started to take forever to load. I'm using vimium right now but I liked vimfx better

right, the beta client that mozilla warns its users about on the download page, that it's unstable and purely meant for users who can tolerate bugs and crashes to help them test new builds is the stable one.

how does one customize there home tab screen to something they like instead of a white blank space with history of my shit just opened.

When will FF57 have something like Pentadactyl ?
Tridactyl developement seems to be having a lot of troubles

>I don't think you can use a local startpage for a new tab though
You can upload (into browser storage) local files for the new tab page. Basically it just adds the step of having to refresh the copy in local storage every time you edit your html file.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/

but actually

neat thx

Same here. It works on my Nightly installation but not on my Developer Edition installation, I had to switch to tampermonkey there.

Nothing interesting in mine that hasn't already been posted except this one:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dont-touch-my-tabs/

It helps prevent sketchy sites from opening a new tab and redirecting the old one to ad sites. I didn't think I needed this, but some adult manga sites I just found do this A LOT.

rbt.asia/g/thread/63104491/#63104491

check this thread

Added. Now all I need is something that somehow prevents hijacking clicks to open popups.

But that's been my experience so far
Occasionally I get a bug but then restart my browser, updating it

Thanks!

So to recap, it's uBlock origin that seem to have started blocking it if run through some userscript addons?

browser.tabs.tabMinWidth 100
media.autoplay.enabled false
media.eme.enabled false
media.peerconnection.enabled false

0/10

LocalCDN vs Decentral Eyes? Any difference?

They use a different method for redirection, haven't seen any benefit over either one. They seem the same in practice. Local CDN supports more CDNs. Back when I installed Local CDN, Decentraleyes didn't have a version that worked on FF57 so the choice was easy to make.

brainlet here that doesnt know shit about coding, why is it so fucking hard to change your home background screen for fire fox. Why do i have to do something that i fucking suck which is computer coding, ps can someone please write me a code that would change my home background. With instructions telling me what to change so then it uses my custom photo and location so i can make the thing recognize my command and use a custom photo

This is shit. Everytime i try to install 57 the shitty ass installer installs ff56.

Fuck. Me.

I dunno exactly, I just was in that thread and the fix seems to work for various people, I never encountered this problem.
I'm on firefox developer with Violentmonkey v2.8.18 and uBlock Origin v1.14.18

So weird. Same versions, also dev edition. I have the problem though. Bizarre.

For stability:
Developer>Nightly>Stable
Not sure the reason why

>DownThemAll is definitely dead tho.
You'd think so after that rant by its dev, wouldn't you?
Alas, downthemall.net/progress/

There's also a new post talking about how it'll probably take another month due to some setbacks.

Do you have any actual data and evidence to support this claim? Because you do realize that you are still using the same browser, right? The only difference is that stable and ESR get releases that were tested and had many bugs fixed whereis on nightly you are being used to find those bugs.

>Find bug
>don't tell anyone

How can I disable "backspace to go back" option?
Also not sure what it's called on Firecuck, but I also want to disable tab discarding.

Do you even need uMatrix or NoScript anymore if you use uBlock in medium or hard mode? Gorhill himself says he doesn't use uMatrix anymore and NoScript apparently isn't being updated to webextensions anytime soon.

>NoScript apparently isn't being updated to webextensions anytime soon.
Do you guys know why exactly? According to Mozilla's interview with Maone, he should have released it already. What's wrong?

No idea. Especially since uMatrix has been webextension ready since early october and I don't think noscript does anything that uMatrix doesn't do.

How many of you retards know that nightly is compiled with debug flags?

full-screen-api.warning.timeout=0
>disabled the html5 nagscreen
geo.enabled=false
>disable geo-location tracking

MY EXTENSION RECOMMENDATIONS
github.com/meh/smart-referer
>hides the referer when changing domains
Canvas Defender
>Fake the JS-API fingerprint readout
Cookie AutoDelete
>Self-Destructing Cookies 2.0

github.com/akahuku/wasavi
vi for text inputs

It's also intentionally poisoning js performance or something like that.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Benchmarking
>JSGC_DISABLE_POISONING=1

Just reminder
Frigate on 57+ NEVER EVER

>stable
nah, it's just that it doesn't mean what you normies think it means

browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab = false
browser.urlbar.oneOffSearches = false
browser.urlbar.trimURLs = false
datareporting.policy.dataSubmissionEnabled = false
extensions.pocket.enabled = false
extensions.screenshots.disabled = true
toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled = false

These are my important about:config settings.

pastebin.com/raw/NrhZz31X
I copied half the shit from here github.com/pyllyukko/user.js

depends on what you want to do, if you just want to disable whole domains no you don't need it, if you want to be able to whitelist sites without whitlisting cookies + scripts or something you need uMatrix for that.

>No coins
>Ublock

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-tools/

What do I use instead of greasemonkey?

Also NoScript, TreeStyletabs, Random Agent spoofer.... found nothing if they will implement in the new firefox

Not knowing that sites use your computer to mine bitcoins...

>noscript
umatrix
>random agent spoofer
umatrix

pretty sure there is a tree tab extension already

>not knowing

I think he meant that no coins is unneccesary when you have UO.

ublock origin or umatrix can block them. You dont need another extension retard.

geo.enabled = false
browser.urlbar.trimURLs = false
network.IDN_show_punycode = true
extensions.pocket.enabled = false
browser.urlbar.formatting.enabled = false
toolkit.cosmeticAnimations.enabled = false
browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab = false
browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent = false
layout.word_select.eat_space_to_next_word = false