Fuck the 401, worst highway in North America

Fuck the 401, worst highway in North America.

Other urls found in this thread:

mercurynews.com/music/ci_24418604/mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_29345377/bay-area-news/ci_29687067?utmsource=inthenews
sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Human-waste-shuts-down-BART-escalators-3735981.php
bart.gov/stations/escalators
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

authentication required

Maybe try not being so poor that you have to drive into the city every day lol

That's not how you spell the 407

The 407 is the only saving grace during rush hour.

Those twelve lanes between the 410 and the 404 can suck my sweaty balls... Why are my balls sweaty? Because it took so fucking long to get across town that my AC gave out.

thats not I-5

Who /I10 master race/ here?

This is the only bridge between silicon valley and affordable rents.

It has no alternatives (ie trains or other bridges), no bus lanes, no HOV lanes, and no ways of avoiding it. It's bumper-to-bumper from 5am to 8pm every day.

Aren't you guys rich as fuck? How can you not afford another bridge for the biggest tech region in the entire world

This. The 5 and 405 through LA is fucking nightmare fuel. I had to drive through it today and it took 5 hours...I'm legitimately triggered.

both Metrolink and the Surfliner run parallel to it even sepulveda pass is worse

fuck off, the SM is comfy, and the bay is nice scenery around it. Only reason its so packed is because the only way across is either that, driving all the way around, or using the Dumbarton/SF/oakland bridge

you SHOULD be posting the 880

There's also the Dumbarton Bridge, but it's a no-go as it's not connected to 101 (ie the other freeway) and has 3+ stoplights on the Silicon Valley side. People have suggested rebuilding the train bridge adjacent to it, but that costs money and this is not a thing voters will part with.

Also the San Mateo Bridge itself is a seven mile long causeway. Building a new bridge adjacent to it is not cheap as ships have to be able to pass through.

not just that, but even if you keep following it north its just shit. You have to pass that cow farm in central california that smells like 2 or 3 cubic acres of pure shit, then its just boring desert/farmland all the way up past redding

Half of my family used to live in missisauga and they have all moved out of town to places like kincardine and vancouver and fergus and windsor. What the fuck happened there over the past 20 years?

I would literally just kill myself if I had to deal with traffic like that, my commute is 10-15 minutes and when I hit traffic it can take me about 20+ minutes which makes me rage uncontrollably

only chumps take 880 given that there's a fucking BART line next to it

the SM bridge is bad because there are zero, ZERO, ways of avoiding it. Also getting to it from 580 is a fucking mess as you have to drive through downtown Hayward

Never move to Southern California or the Bay Area, ever. No, seriously.

My commute is about two hours each way unless I leave before 5 am.

I dont plan to. Do you know what the Portland and Seattle areas are like? I've only been there when it hasn't been busy but working there has always interested me, if traffic is shit then I wont even bother though

Half of my family used to live in missisauga, but over the past twenty years they have all moved out to places like kincardine and fergus and windsor and vancouver... What happened to the place? Did immigrants move in?

have you ever wanted something so bad you would kill someone to obtain it

>transportation improves
>rents go up because commuting is easier

I talked to some guy who lived near Portland and he said the traffic has gone to shit recently, not sure about Seattle though. Something about them not expanding some crucial bridge/highway.

How have you not given up on life? Im actually serious here, I rather go live in bumfuck nowhere than deal with that shit, it's seriously the most depressing thing I can think of. You're spending 20 hours a week in fucking traffic. If I drive 2 hours i've already passed through like 5-6 small towns and small cities where I live.

It's mostly poos in the loos, jamaicans and arabs north of the highway.

I commuted 1.5-2 hours a day on the TTC bus for years. It sucked, animu music is what made in bearable.

>hey user work in silicon valley it will be fun you'll get to live in the united states
>yeah there's no housing around here go live in the desert and drive in every day
>I've never been on the train before but I think we might have one around here

I would unironically evict everyone from LA and drop a couple nukes it on to redesign the shithole to be commuter friendly. It's the only way at this point. That, or unleash a plague that wipes out half the state's population...

one word: money

>highway

QEW*

>Markham
>That green
Holy shit. Toronto's gotten bad.

but if you're going from San mateo/ palo alto, the only way is taking that bridge or taking the BART line all the way around through SF and lower Oakland. And its not like navigating Hayward is hard, theres signs that show you the way right to mission boulevard, where you can follow right out onto 580. Yah, the traffics absolute shit but what do you expect in major metropolis areas

how does your friend tell you to work in silicon valley but then live in the desert? The nearest desert town is like 70 something miles away

I'm actually blown away people do this every day, seriously dude, go move to some shitty small town and enjoy your 10 minute commute, lower cost of living and only 5-10% pay decrease.

It's cheaper to make less somewhere else, live a healthier life, enjoy more hobbies, enjoy more free time and live stress free. These big cities are not affordable but meanwhile I make a very similar wage in a city of 150k people and I pay less for my house, food and commuting all while having 30+ hours a week more of free time.

You're closer than you think. All you need is something down the 405 and the county is already looking at doing a light rail tunnel.

Markham is almost 100% Chinese
I got a useless degree tho. I'm going back to school in September and hope to GTFO when I graduate.

>Pacific Electric, also known as the Red Car system, was a privately owned mass transit system in Southern California consisting of electrically powered streetcars, interurban cars, and buses and was the largest electric railway system in the world in the 1920s.
RIP

Still take hours to get past LA with all the stops you have to make, Amtrak breaks down all the time. It's still faster to go by car even with the AIDS traffic.

>implying it's not the 405

Just get a networking diploma or a trade and move up north in BC, Ontario or Alberta. People with 2 year accounting diplomas are getting paid 70-90k in northern BC, got a few job offers but I wanted to finish my full degree first before I went to some shitty northern town so I could one day leave

>Amtrak breaks down all the time.

take BART once in your life kiddo, have you ever needed to take a bus bridge before?

I actually took the BART when I was up in SF, it was reliable when I was going to school there, but granted I didn't take it too often. Does it often break down?

only ever had it break down on me twice, one being because a tree fell on the tracks

its a baaaad idea to ride it after 8 o clock though

>Does it often break down

mercurynews.com/music/ci_24418604/mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_29345377/bay-area-news/ci_29687067?utmsource=inthenews

short answer: yes

long answer: everything about BART is custom made and not replaceable. They're still using 60s era equipment. We've had two full-on power outages (ie the entire system just stopping) twice this year, and smaller maintenance issues (like track switches not working, escalators not working, doors not shutting properly etc) are a daily concern. And their new cars apparently don't work either

Aren't some of the escalators literally so full of poo they won't work anymore and need to be replaced?

>We've had two full-on power outages

when was this?

yes

sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Human-waste-shuts-down-BART-escalators-3735981.php

bart.gov/stations/escalators

zero (0) of BART's downtown SF escalators are operative as of this moment. Which means all of them are clogged full of feces right now

last winter

It might be mean to say this, but I'm glad I live in a suburb with no homeless people now kek.

have you been to SF in the past three years, the homeless population now exceeds 10,000

>tfw I always make the mistake of getting off BART at the civic center

embarcadero is way worse

I went to Berkeley and there were already a lot of them. One of my last sights there was an obese homeless couple fighting over a sleeping bag. It ended up with the guy punching the girl and she was so fat she couldn't get up under her own power. He called her a cunt, she called him a bastard, and he told her he was going to sleep with another homeless chick. I guess he's sort of like homeless Chad?

People move to smaller cities because they're cheaper.

Mississauga has grown to become a major "city", although it's still a suburb.

A family home here with 4-5 bedrooms will run you over a million bucks

The GTA is basically just white hipsters living in overpriced apartments, surrounded by old rich white people, surrounded by suburbs full of poo in loos and chinks.

Why would anyone move to Vancouver? It's among the most expensive places to live in the world.

I-376 is Satan's colon. It's only saving grace is that there aren't many places for cops to hide, which means you can pretty much do whatever speed you want at night. Also, why the fuck is everyone scared of the damn tunnel?

How did SF rents get so bad in the first place? Was the gubmint actively ignoring the situation?

all the people wanting to move there caused landlords to raise their rent so they could kick out tenatns who were paying less, that way they could make mad bank from richer people wanting to move in. Gentrification is basically taking over the entire bay area

You don't have a rent increase cap per year?

dunno. I think all of the added tax money from people moving to silicon valley makes the state govt be more lenient towards how renters handle their rates

I live in NY but I get scared whenever I go through an underground tunnel and if there is traffic because I fear that I will suffocate from carbon monoxide. I refuse to go through tunnels if there is traffic in it.