One of your fans has started to rattle. The resulting vibration is amplified by you case...

One of your fans has started to rattle. The resulting vibration is amplified by you case, resulting in a low and incessant droning.

>VVRRRRRR VVRRRRRRVV RRRRRRVVRRRRRRVVRRRRRR

No, blowing the dust off/out of the fan won't help. You can't just replace the fan because it's attached with weird screws to a component that otherwise works fine.

>wat do

>You can't just replace the fan because it's attached with weird screws

Did you also give up when you kept trying to fit the square peg in the round hole?

block it, install new fan on top of it.

Replace the fan with a brand new identical spare from my spare parts box.

>burr hurr no replace
I'm no retard, son.

>weird screws
there are no weird screws, only screws you haven't met before

Smack the part of the case where the fan is until it stops.

hit the vent everytime I boot up the computer

fucking animals

My power supply fan sometimes makes an annoying noise. Don't wanna buy a whole new ps and too afraid of killing myself by opening it up and replacing with new fan.

You drill out the weird screws so you can install a new fan with standard screws. If this isn't viable for you then kindly fuck off.

A little percussive maintenance goes a long way.

It works pretty much every time desu.

read the PSU's maintenance manual.

Goddammit. What I meant was the screws are are in an usual place or placement and their holes don't line up with the other fans you have. Not that the screws take an unusual screwdriver. In the age of buying shit online you have nobody to blame but yourself if you don't own a triwing, secure torx, or whatever.

I do the same with my fiance when she starts making annoying sounds.

WD40 that bitch

1Peel off the sticker on the fan
2Locate the hole. if its not there - dill or cut into plastic right in the center of it and make the hole
3Oil the bearing through that hole

3D print an adapter.

Zip ties.

>Locate the hole.
>Oil the bearing through that hole
I have the weirdest boner right now

Wd is awful for bearings.
It wadhes out the real grease and doesnt lubricate for shit and it works as good as bare metal to metal contact.

If you use wd you must apply real lubricant after that or you will ruin it even worse.

WD ISNT OIL ITS A WASH, IT CLEANS IT DOESNT LUBRICATE

put something under the left or right pegs of your case so it leans a little and shifts the fan to a position where it no longer vibrates.

Nope, wd40 is not for lubrication.

This. New Zealand's meme lubricant is CRC 5.56, or more commonly just called "CRC".
It has the same cleaning properties as WD-40, but it leaves behind a lubricating agent (some PTFE formulation).

So Jerry rig another fan. It just buy a replacement, this is the Internet age.

can confirm. I put wd40 in the bearing of a fidget spinner and it never span good again

>You can't just replace the fan because it's attached with weird screws to a component that otherwise works fine.
just rip it and zip ties

> You can't just replace the fan because it's attached with weird screws to a component that otherwise works fine.
Is that a video card? I'd check Aliexpress.
Otherwise, a bit of WD-40 might help.

Now you're just trolling.

I didn't read the thread.

kek
retard

>Oh no, this doesn't meet the factory standard, I don't know what to do

Then jury rig something. Drill new holes on the heatsink, zip tie the new fan, glue that shit in. There are so many workarounds to go for, even with a chink dremel you can makeshift repair pretty much anything.

I really should buy a dremel.

it will works few months after wding but it will collect dust and gunk like crazy, i did clean 3 fans with wd40 what a dumfuck i am..

I don't get the whole dremel thing. I always have a better tool for the job I'm doing.

Had this problem 2 days ago, tried a bunch of things like blowing with a air can, ended up replacing it.

Either this or a powerful blow can solve the issue temporary

Cut the wire to the fan. Face it the fan is annoying and dying anyway. Let it die. Kill the boy.

Put a new fan somewhere else. May be able to get by with an after market cpu cooler. Or add a ram cooler or something depending on room.

Just don't touch capacitors. The fan connectors are probably in a accessible place, so no worries. I i replaced mine with like 3 minutes

>You can't just replace the fan because it's attached with weird screws

disassamble fan, put mechanic oil grease everywhere, assamble

>try to disassemble fan
>there is no screw

only thing ive really found dremel good for is those mini cutting discs. I just use a drill for pretty much anything else youd use a dremel for.

Don't listen to these brainlets. My fan was doing the same thing and it turned out that the lube had dried out.

If there's a circle sticker in the center of your fan, peel it back and open up that chamber and put a few drops of sewing machine lube in there.

Although you should do all of this with the fan off of the case. Are you sure you can't buy the screwdriver you'd need?

There is always an appropriate tool for the job, the thing with a dremel is that it's a fantastic jack-of-all-trades. And you don't even need a top quality branded one. I'm running a chink clone that takes dremel tools for a couple years, and has been performing like a champ.
If I have a complaint, is that it's kinda awkward to hold for precision work, but you can always use an extension shaft for that.

hit it harder nigga

Literally just tighten the screws you fucking lemur

>tighten the screws
If the bearings are fucked, this will just make the problem worse.

oil it up you dipshit. You can literally use butter, if you're too lazy to visit homedepot.

take sticker off
take clip off rod
bearings out
place in vinegar bath for a few hours
put back in
oil immediately
put clip back on rod
make sure sticker is back on or tape is covering exposed bearing/shaft
enjoy