Why is everything so much slower and less responsive in loonix than when using the same machine with windows?

why is everything so much slower and less responsive in loonix than when using the same machine with windows?

why do you refuse to poo in the loo Rajesh? What's so appealing about constantly shitting in the streets?

why can't freetards make arguments instead of copy pasting nu/pol/reddit memes?

what is slower?

everything, all windows, button, mouse. everything is laggy and unresponsive. it's like I downgraded my hardware to what I had 20 years ago

Stop using a vm

wtf are you talking about? I installed ubuntu on my thinkpad.

the same thinkpad runs windows 10 lag free, and responsive as fuck

>too dumb to even properly install noobuntu
Patch me through to your manager, Pradip.

Report and move on.

>properly install
haha, so loonix is shit and you blame the install? fuck off retard. what can you do wrong when installing ubuntu

dipshit you must be doin something wrong because loonix runs on literal shit too.

fucking neckbeards are promoting loonix as a solution to people who don't know a shit about computers or who buy ram with blue leds.

the fact that you can't run a spaceship, but you can a car, doesn't mean spaceship is not technically superior.

>runs on literal shit too.
yes, it runs, on and like shit.

are you implying my thinkpad is too old? because it's a tricked out W520 with SSD. plus it runs windows 10 perfectly

Are you insane or just trolling, everything, absolutely everything is like 1.5x faster on Linux.

are the DE's bloated then? wtf is up?

>falling for the linux meme

Except Vidjo Gayms

then don't use loonix. it's not made for retards, it's a power tool.

if you can't troubleshoot simple things it is simply not made for you, faggot.

>troubleshoot
hahahhaa
>fresh install of OS
>have to figure out why it can't even work without feeling bloated
at least it's a good thing the search function has amazon botnet

>Something which never happened.
Either you are retarded or you are lying.

My x220 works absolutely perfectly with Linux, snappy as it can get, you are just too dumb to properly install an Operating system.
User error, move on folks.

>my anecdote disproves your anecdote

I miss Drakeposting

>>my anecdote disproves your anecdote
Yes, it actually does.
If Linux is properly installed on a thinkpad of the same age (and possibly less powerful) it is perfectly snappy, which means that you (If you are OP) are just too dumb to properly install it.

>If Linux is
GNU/Linux is not singular. which distro and which hardware do you use? not all hardware is equally supported on GNU/Linux, especially when it comes to GPUs which is responsible for the GUI running well.

>which distro and which hardware do you use?
As I said. I use it on a x220 which is somewhat similar to OPs x520.
Thinkpads are well known for having good Linux support.
I currently am using Void.

Because it's made by amateurs in their free time.

Would you work on a complex driver for free, after coming home from your day job? What would your testing base be, in terms of hardware variety and number of testers?

>x520
W520 mate, wtf are you even talking about, do you know what kind of a GPU comes a W520? a Quadro. Probably why it runs like shit because loonix can barely support gaymen gpus, let alone professional grade quadro gpus.

because linux is poorly optimized and has a lot of bloat like the terminal window to appeal to trendy hipsters that want to act different

>Because it's made by amateurs in their free time.
But that is false.

Most kernel developers are paid to work on the kernel

>Thinkpads are well known for having good Linux support.
Not really. APM was broken in Linux in the 520 and you had to force it on. There were problems with the way brightness is handled in basically all the models after that as well. Also the Intel iwlwifi driver is pretty buggy.

these

>W520 mate, wtf are you even talking about
Yes I wrote a wrong letter, big deal mate. It is not like this matters at all for the point I was making.

>do you know what kind of a GPU comes a W520?
Yes, probably one which is significantly better then the one in the x220.

>Probably why it runs like shit because loonix can barely support gaymen gpus
My desktop computer runs a 970 perfectly fine.

>let alone professional grade quadro gpus.
Did you at least install the proprietary driver for it?

Actually up until a few years ago when it was patched out, you could use most workstation features on Nvidia gaming GPUs with the Linux tools they provided.

>Not really. APM was broken in Linux in the 520 and you had to force it on. There were problems with the way brightness is handled in basically all the models after that as well. Also the Intel iwlwifi driver is pretty buggy.
I have seen laptops where certain distros refused to boot, everything just werked on my x220, even with more 'obscure' distros.

>APM was broken in Linux in the 520 and you had to force it on.
Didn't know that.

you are talking about some old as ancient shit that was not OS specific. and it applies to GPUs many generations before that

Linux UI is a clusterfuck of programmers who come along and say "throw everything out, I'm going to start over and do it better. Oh, but no one really cares if UI threads are constantly being unnecessarily locked by background processes, right? And do you really need to implement drag-and-drop functionality? I mean you can do the same thing using this undocumented functionality I put in place involving right-clicking a menu item in the Options. Or just do it in terminal."

Fpbp.
After 35 replies, op confirmed a pajeet.