Literally what is the fucking point of 5k when 4k isn't even well supported?

Literally what is the fucking point of 5k when 4k isn't even well supported?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=01vy8wStQTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4K video editing

>4k video editing
>on a toy computer

>4k isn't even well supported?
you mean fully supported right? The whole OS supports 5K, and the iPhone shoots at 4K 60fps.

Justifying the exorbitant price tag, obviously. Next question.

How many cocks do you suck a day?

Final Cut doesn't support HEVC codec i think.

5K is basically a "retina" 1440p screen.

tl;dr think of it as editing a 1080p in 1440p monitor

>5K is basically a "retina" 1440p screen.
wrong, that's just the default setting, you can configure it to "retina" 3200x1800 on MacOS.

>Final Cut doesn't support HEVC codec i think
also wrong.

Actually, it supports native 5K as well.

>calling it MacOS
kill yourself my dude

Not him but that's literally what it's called now. Do you think people should say "Firebird" instead of "Firefox" just because it used to be the name? Fuck off

You're wrong, HEVC support isnt even out yet for final pro, even tho their BRAND NEW FLAGSHIP DEVICE encodes in HEVC and requires it for 1080@240 and 4k@60. Fucking applefag morons, you need to off yourselves

It is macOS.

Scaled resolution -.-

>I have no clue what I'm on about

Wanna know what Pixar use for movie editing?

Mac Pros.

Wanna know who was Pixar’s biggest shareholder?

Steve jobs

?

Wanna know who is dead?

Steve jobs

If you select 5120x2880 it's native 1:1 5K which is basically unusable due to the absurd pixel density.

Nice refutation

Why even have that many pixels built into the screen?

Because it looks great.

it's extremely sharp and with all the UI stuff increased in size it's a fantastic image. I want a 5K monitor for my desktop but they're $1200 or so.

I'm not sure I understand. are you agreeing with him, or are you suggesting he's wrong for camelcasing?

4096 please way more my autism than 5120, therefore, I will not switch.

Reading Chinese and Japanese on my retina mac makes me never want to go back to low density displays.

Yeah those anal fetish videos look really great on my Retina© Mac®.

>A toy company whose main shareholder was the CEO of another toy company uses toys to make movies about toys
Woah
Wanna see something worth mentioning? Check Kojima Productions: youtube.com/watch?v=01vy8wStQTc

I'm not sure what you're suggesting exactly. Steve Jobs WAS a majority shareholder in Pixar, and at the same time was working for Apple.

the fact that they used Apple products seemed more ethically dubious than it does attest to the superiority of Apple products for the purpose of productivity or video editing.

Jobs was simply diversifying his portfolio and preparing to (re)take over Apple.

Wanna know whose not? Pixar and all the Mac Pros they use to edit their movies.

>Jobs was simply diversifying his portfolio
It's even simpler than that. Pixar was his company.

BUT BUT BUT MUH SMOOTH FONTS user
>continues to use bitmap fonts for haxor look

Display media you're working on rendered 1:1, and still have space left over for adjustment controls without having to overlay the image.

This thread:
>fucking retarded, who needs high resolution displays
Next year when someone not-apple comes out higher resolution display.
>LOL APPLE WHY U NO HI RES?

2x retina scale for clearer widgets & windows

Their software is actually really fucking optimized. I run hackintosh on a laptop with Intel HD and I can edit / render 1080p video with no issue on Final Cut Pro. Meanwhile doing the same thing on Windows with Premier is slow as hell.

not one single animator in pixar actually uses an apple panel as their main display. they may use macs, but not the displays.

I'd hope not. For that sort of work I'd want a BVM.

The display she's looking at is literally an Apple Cinema Display.

that user's message was that there was no capital letters in "mac"