Is the Essential Phone due to the price drop THE Sup Forums approved phone?

Is the Essential Phone due to the price drop THE Sup Forums approved phone?

I know it has a bad camera and the speakers aren't that great either, but aside from that, having non-bloat Android and such a sleek design with so much screen ratio seems like a pretty great deal to me.

Sup Forums doesnt have an approved phone because this is a technology board, not a consumer advice board

Who are we kidding?
Sup Forums has a wiki and image convos full of recommendations, in both hardware in software.
Denying it is stupid.

getting this phone tomorrow.
only thing I'm bummed about is the fact that the battery is non-removable meaning this phone will basically be a paperweight in 2 years.

I own a Sony Xperia Z1 and it still works perfectly, the battery life is still the same too (5 days if I do literally nothing with it, 1 day if I use it constantly)

Going to replace it with the Essential Phone because of the Screen Ratio, Android Oreo and Performance.

>camera notch

Enjoy no custom ROM when Essential files for bankruptcy two months from now.

No problem, it'll last me 3 or 4 years with whatever it has now, then I'll buy something else.

wewlad, so complicated.

spotted the retards that can't into phone repair

damn that's pretty good.

hopefully the essential phone lasts as long

>implying I can't repair it
>giving a shit if I can just buy another phone if it actually lasts 3 years
It's 400 bucks, I earn that in 2 days.

>lmaoing at ure life: the post

Personally got a Pixel 2, but I recommend the Essential Phone to anyone looking for an upgrade this year. The price is pretty sweet for what you're getting. The camera software isn't the best, but it can be improved with a port of Google camera with HDR+

Was not meant for bragging, it's just kinda insignificant in my case, I get that many can't do this, but in my situation it honestly doesn't really matter.

There are people idiotic enough to replace their phone every 3 to 6 months or so...
Sorry if i'm sounding like a pretentious prick.

Well you look like a pretentious prick.

Oh wow you have money. Do you always live life through money ? Maybe learn to fix something. It’ll be beneficial for you user.

wtf do you do to earn 400 bucks in 2 days?

too bad you literally can't fix this phone without sending it in

just for a frame of reference, ifixit gave the phone 1/10

you don't like challenges, user?
pull up your programming socks

Phone is ass, shitty screen notch thing, no headphone jack, no SD card, not repairable, why not just get a fucking iPhone. Same goes for the pixel minus the notch.

Senior Software Engineer in Switzerland, I earn the equivalent of over 7000$ after taxes, my whole salary can be used for spending or saving account since my wife salary is enough to pay for all our expenses.

>no headphone jack
>can't even upgrade memory
>''Sup Forums'' phone
yeah sure shill

You're jumping through a lot of conclusions, I know how to fix most hardware issues, I'm not a brainlet in that regard, just that I don't bother with it.

If I have the money I'll just pay someone to do it for me, or I'll just buy something new.
Relax man...

>lol why repair something when you can just buy new??
>being a consumerist whore
ok kid

Sup Forums's phone has to be like a thinkpad
>not so powerful that its expensive
>not that fragile
>designed like a thinkpad
>from good manufacturer
>tried and tested
That's why we recommend the Moto series of phones. They're the best option around unless you're an idiot who needs to spend $800 on their phone to browse the web.

you forgot the mechanical keyboard meme

by that logic, Sup Forums's phone is something like the Blackberry Priv

>Blackberry Priv
Unironically a good phone.

I've been doctrined thoroughly by our capitalist society, I'll see you remark as a compliment, thank you.

except the weight is unevenly distributed, so if you are holding the phone and slide it out, the top half becomes heavier than the bottom causing a tipping point

otherwise I agree. great device.

>Shitty speakers
>No dedicated headphone port
Stick to good brands like Meizu, 1+, and Samsung if you care about user experience.

isnt there a containment thread for smartphones though

Not when this thread was created, since I'm not up to news I didn't bother creating a general with a shit OP.

>Meizu
ching chong bing bong
>1+
botnet
>Samsung
tfw phone explodes and blows my dick off

Librem 5 is the only approved Sup Forums phone.

>"non removable battery"

how retarded are you?

>from good manufacturer
>lenovo

the fact that you still spend your time on here makes you a sad human.

>$500
>Android Oreo
>Project treble enabled
>Security updates the day they are released from Google

Yeah it's a pretty good phone.

No, that fucking notch and lack of a headphone jack is a deal breaker.

Note 8 if you have money, oneplus 3T if you have some money, else get a cheap prepaid carrier locked phone

Xperia XZ1 Compact is the official Sup Forumsphone,

>720p
>only 4GB of RAM
>no camera OIS
nah

Wow, you are so cool.

What hacking jobs have done with your smartphone? No, installing a custom launcher with some shittily riced icons does not count.

>needing more than 720p on a sub 6 inch screen
>needing more RAM than some windows laptops
>not having a DSLR

Sorry you have Parkinson's hands user

>>needing more than 720p on a sub 6 inch screen
>>needing more RAM than some windows laptops
>>not having a DSLR
not an argument

Your hand would have to be rigor mortis still to not have any blur introduced into photos. Without OIS your only choice is to crank up the ISO and get photos with tons of color noise.

Sprint will give me one of these for 5 bucks a month, I can't get over the notch though.

>higher resolutions decrease battery life with little visual improvement
>more RAM decreases battery life and increases price with little performance increase
>phone cameras are usually 35mm which don't suffer much from blur
Is that good enough for you?

I have a 3 year old midrange phone with a shit shutter speed and I still get no noticeable blur in my photos. At 35mm it simply isn't an issue unless you have Parkinson's or other related diseases.

>notch
>no headphone jack
>no microsd slot
>proprietary gimmick connector you will never use
Essential is the least appropriate word to describe this