Why does New York have many famous landmarks but Los Angeles doesn't?

Why does New York have many famous landmarks but Los Angeles doesn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MpaC4R6cU1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because LA is newer and it's also a vapid shithole

this

In contrast, San Fran's landscape and buildings are very memorable but I wouldn't go there either because the people are absolutely awful.

Not to mention I'd have to trip over 20 homeless people en route to those sweet bridges, streets, and buildings

While we're on the subject, who's idea was it to put a major population center in what is for all intents and purposes a fucking desert.

Yeah whoever created Phoenix was an asshole

It's next to the ocean, kind of like how all the North African population density is concentrated near the coast

Having spent time in both San Francisco and LA I can say, without even the smallest doubt that the people in LA are some of the worst people that I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I have been to LA on business and pleasure and the people are shit. San Francisco get shit on all the time as the smug super liberal city of the west but I've spent a great deal of time there as well and the people are nowhere nearly as bad as people think they are. I would put San Francisco higher than LA 10/10 times. Just had to get that off my chest, see so much hate for San Francisco all the time here.

William Mullholland's

youtube.com/watch?v=MpaC4R6cU1o

I visited San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, and surprisingly I would rank them Chicago>San Fran>NY>>>>>>>LA
It was literally beaner city and anything outside the center looked like a shanty town. Wtf america?

We use cities as containment zones

my relative from Chicago. i want go to it sometime.

Too bad that completely fucks our prospect of good and efficient public transport.

Which puts us dependent upon oil, which ensures that we rely on moderate shitholes (Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, etc.) or even more vehement shitholes (Canada). Or fracking, which when done incorrectly (read: profitably) can cause major ecological damage.

The fact that we let chimps take over our cities doomed us to a future of military interventionism over oil. Fuck that.

It's pretty good, but there are definitely areas that are awful. Basically any area that has too many blacks in it.

Cicero is also an area to avoid due to Mexicans.

Chicago is a great city. People just think bad of it because they believe the Chiraq memes which really only apply to the south and west side. North is based.
>tfw we haven't kicked them out of the city and made them form their own county yet

*badly

>>tfw we haven't kicked them out of the city and made them form their own county yet

You already kicked DuPage county out of your county, which is where I live

Because New York City was densely built in the first place and already had a population of 5.5 million by the time the car was popularized around 1920. Since then it has only grown by 50 to 60%.

Los Angeles on the other hand only had a population of 550,000 in 1920 and has grown by 550% since, most of its development based around transport by motor vehicle.

Nowadays the entire LA metro area houses 0.75 times of the NYC metro population on 2.5 times the area, in other words it's a gigantic suburban wasteland.

Why don't you just move the extra five miles to Wisconsin so you can claim you're from the superior state altogether?

Sorry, but DuPage is irrelevant. I only ever hear about it when there's a radio ad for College of DuPage.

Tbh the south side should just become part of Gary, IN

I don't really like cheese. It would only be worth it for the beer.

Los Angeles isn't a city, it's an amalgamation of strip malls and retail parks.

And the football.

Just kidding, DAAA BURRRRS.

You're damn right

San Diego is better than those two shitholes

From someone who lives a half hour out of New York and has been to both cities, New York is objectively superior

chicago always seemed like such a generic bland city to me
couldnt name something unique about it besides polish ppl and al capone
like whats the deal

and yes imaware of my flag

LA & NY = overrated polluted criminal third world cities
Boston & Chicago = developed well-established jewels of the american dream

San Jose is better than all four.

Because New York City is built by the Dutch and Los Angeles isn't.

t. zhang

Chicago is dog shit. Boston is alright though.

What's wrong with Asians?

>asian detected

You just got BTFO.

What about 'Go 'Za?

I'm Romanian you fucking Moor piece of shit.

>LA is shit because I only interact with try-hard transplants

Too bad that's half 50% of the population.