Sup Forums 4CC Roster Poll

Here is a link to the poll: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdC1NU2F8rXp7U0JzkHvKuQCnUtIvKYsus9v5T-mhvrbjXC4w/viewform

>What is this?
Sup Forums boards play football against each other with meme teams in PES four times a year for bragging rights. The Summer Cup kicked off last week, and whilst Sup Forums is not competing in this tournament, we need to make sure the team still reflects this board and its users, so you get to answer some advisory questions about your favourite Sup Forums memes.

>Where can I learn more about this?
The implyingrigged wiki has all the information you need:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page

>When does Sup Forums play?
Sup Forums will play in the next Autumn cup, around the start of November.

>Where is Hessen?
Unfortunately, Sup Forums's long-time manager has decided to step down recently, leaving the board with only one manager (me). We're looking for more managers and testers, so feel free to contact me at any time regarding Sup Forums in the 4CC through the Contact page on the wiki.

>How is the poll being conducted?
It will be left up for exactly a week after this thread is created, and the poll link will be on the Sup Forums wiki page for that duration also. Once the poll is complete, the results will be collected, and a new roster assembled from the most popular choices.

>What is an "Intercup"?
A tournament, much like the cup, where managed teams created from Sup Forums generals' (like /lat/, /cum/, /brit/, etc.) memes compete against each other on PES. It's an idea that's been suggested both in the /vg/ thread, and on here in match threads by a few people. I think it's worth garnering a larger opinion on, and if there's demand for it, then to take steps towards organising it.

Hopefully, this answers most of your initial questions. I will attempt to answer any concerns here as well if you have additional queries and/or suggestions. And thank you for taking the time to help Sup Forums's 4CC team.

Free bump for OP

RIP hessen
;_;7

God damnit, yes!

bumperino

Oui ? Pourquoi tu dis oui ? Es-tu Suédois ?

Bompeuf

bmp

Don't let this thread die D:

Don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on this thread and I'll try and ensure that it says up for a decent length of time so that all timezones get a chance to respond.

did respondings

Don't we have to go through the fetus cup?

Non, je voulais juste faire remonter ce fil, ça m'intéresse, pêh

It depends on how many teams are able to enter the tournament. Right now, we're on the verge of automatic entry into the Babby, but at the moment we're looking to be playing in the Fetus first.

>generals compet'

YES GOD

but why? it'll just be a clusterfuck, even worse than that "battle of the generals" we already had

I see

How do you feel about your chances to carry our team to victory? I respect all the work Hessen put in, and I realize it's a difficult job which very few people are able to do (especially since, supposedly, it's using ultra-niche settings only used by the /trb/ crowd, or something like that?), but our results have still been incredibly disappointing with him as our manager, with the only exception being the last autumn babby cup (where all he did was copy /mlp/ supposedly?). I mean it's one thing to do badly in the Winter, since that's a "big boys" cup, but our disastrous performance in the spring is really just hard to stomach. The fact that we might have to play in the fetus is just disappointing beyond comprehension.

I want to play

>How do you feel about your chances to carry our team to victory?
I'm constantly testing stuff out in PES, and I reckon I have a much better set-up and feel for the game than I did during Winter. There's a lot of randomness in PES though, but it's my job to work through that and get us the results. If I didn't think I could get Sup Forums all the way, I would stand down.

>I respect all the work Hessen put in, and I realize it's a difficult job which very few people are able to do (especially since, supposedly, it's using ultra-niche settings only used by the /trb/ crowd, or something like that?), but our results have still been incredibly disappointing with him as our manager, with the only exception being the last autumn babby cup (where all he did was copy /mlp/ supposedly?).
I played a hell of a lot of Football Manager in the past, and believe me, it's not really that similar. It's a lot more down to chance and a lot less consistent than in FM, and you can't be as exact with the instructions you set out for your team, so the skill is more involved in translating PES's tactical instructions into what you want.

>I mean it's one thing to do badly in the Winter, since that's a "big boys" cup, but our disastrous performance in the spring is really just hard to stomach. The fact that we might have to play in the fetus is just disappointing beyond comprehension.
I agree with you here. There was a lot of stuff that went wrong in Winter - most of it was our fault, and some of it wasn't. On another day we'd have gotten at least 4 points and potentially advanced. The key is recognising the mistakes made and doing everything within your control to increase the chances of victory going your way. There are a lot of very storied teams suffering at the moment (/k/ and /tg/ to say just two), so it's not like we're a complete embarrassment - there's always Sup Forums, after all.

I just want Sup Forums to play well, and for the fans to enjoy the games. That's my job.

>I just want Sup Forums to play well, and for the fans to enjoy the games.
I hope so too

Regardless of how well we do though, I'll be cheering our team on, just as I have these past 4 years.

God speed, new manager

fixed

Thanks for the support lad. I'll do my best.

Once again, we're completely open to anons joining as managers or testers. Just head to the Contact page on the wiki and you'll see how to ask.

>100% pure German

Also, one of the aesthetics guys decided to make Spurdo a really sweet looking head, so here's a look at it. I'll also give our kits a revamp in time for the next cup, but it's won't be a major change as the kits are pretty iconic.

I would love to see /ausnz/ v.s. /lat

His arms and his legs are white.....

Don't worry, that's been changed since. They're now the same colour as the rest of him.

how do I leave discord?

I'll be honest, I don't actually know how Discord works too well and I thought you could add people by username - it'd be much easier for me if you could leave a Skype username desu.

If you only have Discord, then I guess you could make a new server and leave a join address in the form box. It's just so I can keep tabs on people who'd be willing to put in some effort to make an Intercup, because I'm indifferent to it and I couldn't do it on my own regardless.

left a yandex email instead

I don't have skype, but I've been meaning to get it

left a discord link and an email but the email would probably be better

It would create new generals...lmao

It's fine, I got your contact info and I'll only contact you if there's going to be an Intercup and you can do something to help your team in it. It's probably useful for me to say to everyone that the minimum requirement for anyone helping their general compete in a potential Intercup would need to provide 23 of the finest memes from their general, and anything else (like an actual PES export, livemanaging, kits, maybe even aesthetics if you know how to use 3D modelling, and you can learn how to almost all of this from the wiki) is a bonus.

Bump

saving from easter

MAKE ANZU PLAYER

Source ?

Bumping to save from Australia

we have Messi

seriously australia, any other night you can pull your bullshit

its in the poll

Okay thx

Where can I see the poll results?

I'll post the resulting new roster changes on the wiki and the /vg/ thread too probably. The poll's not closing for about 6 days though. I probably won't make another thread on Sup Forums about it as the janitors don't like it if you make too many threads about the 4CC.

>Hessen stepped down

Poor guy. He always worked hard for the team.

One last bump from me, and pretty much all timezones have had a fair shot of seeing this.

>Intercup
FUCK YEEAAAAAAAAH

>Sup Forumsercup

HELL YEA

Sup Forumsercup sounds fun

I can already imagine /lat/ taking over /4ccg/ like the cancerous faggots they are.

I have to say that the Sup Forumsercup Idea sounds more competitive than the battle of generals and would be fun to watch.

>/ausnz/ vs /mämmi/

DO IT

DON'T LET MY DREAMS BE DREAMS

Sup Forumsercup is a dumb name. Should be called the World Cup or International Cup or something.

Sup Forumsergenerals cuck cup

I don't mind doing a lot of the behind-the-scenes legwork for the first rendition of an Intercup, to help get it off the ground. The one thing I can't do is lurk every general for months until I understand their memes (and I'd probably kill myself after a few hours in /brit/).

If you want an idea of what something like this can look like, see the /vg/ League on the wiki. There's a huge, huge amount of effort that goes into that though, and /vg/ just has a different kind of autism to here.

When we get closer to a tourny, we can discuss all this shit then. It does look pretty clear like there's a decent amount of interest for it here, so chances are it will go ahead.

I'll ask /fr/

I can tell you /MENA/ Memes if you'd like and how to make the team, or you can ask the general on their opinion.

Yeah, asking about the interest in /yourgeneral/ is the best way to go about this, if you think they'll be receptive to it. The one thing I don't want to do is annoy every general on the board with this though.

Go ahead, I can take note of everything if you want to put stuff forward for a /mena/ team.

gotta bump

Sorry for late reply.
For Jeresy design I'm thinking of green, red, White and black (Pan-Arab colours)
The Emblem thing might be designed later.
Here are some memes:
6 day war which is self explanatory
MEMRI TV
Saddam
Miboun which is a phrase to diss Tunisians for being gay
Greater Israel
Lizardeater because Arabs eat lizards
Periwinkle which is some autistic tripfag's hedgehog soft toy
168 is a reference to an Algerian cuck story in which the guy called his gf 168 times and she didn't respond
A FUCKING TREE because Lebanon flag
Alienrunes are the Amazigh alphabet
Somalian forhead because Somalians have large 6heads
I'm one person so I can't remember a lot, you can go to the general and ask for sure.

lel, nice memes

Thanks for this lad, I'll also make sure to ask /mena/ closer to the time.

bump

(my next bump will probably be our team)

bump

At least list all the players that have been in the squad before.

Also allow us to somehow track how many of the 23 we already picked.

So...TEAM /FR/

-Manu (Manuel Valls)
-Québécon
-Strayacunt
-Napoléon
-COCONUT (I don't know him, apparently he used to be popular)
-Bilel (a muslim shitposter)
-H2L-san (Henry de Lesquen)
-Louis XIV
-Voltaire
-Charlemagne (Carolus Magnus, Karel de Grote, Karl der Große blablabla...)
-Guillaume le Conquérant (William the Conqueror)

Of the players listed in the poll, the first 23 are the current squad (ends with NON-COUNTRY), and A FUCKING LEAF and SPEDE PASANEN have both played for Sup Forums in the past. And you're allowed to pick more than 23 players that you like, or less than that too.

Noted, thanks user.

No problem, user.

>Of the players listed in the poll, the first 23 are the current squad (ends with NON-COUNTRY), and A FUCKING LEAF and SPEDE PASANEN have both played for Sup Forums in the past.
I know, but for the sake of fairness I think all the former players should be listed. Besides, the current structure of the poll doesn't support people who want at least two former players not listed there to come back.

>And you're allowed to pick more than 23 players that you like, or less than that too.
Allowing us to pick less than 23 players is understandable but allowing more than 23 doesn't make sense. Should be "up to 23" 2bh.

>I know, but for the sake of fairness I think all the former players should be listed.
I took the decision on the two previous players that'd be put on the poll - A FUCKING LEAF gets on because leafs are almost as notorious as Aussies, and SPEDE PASANEN as a tribute to KC. Most other former players just aren't meme'd here regularly anymore (and neither are some of the new ones, but they haven't had their chance to play on the team yet).

>Besides, the current structure of the poll doesn't support people who want at least two former players not listed there to come back.
You can always add more than one name in the other box. I know that's not really good enough this time around, but the next time there's polling for the Sup Forums roster, I'll use your method and include all former players.

>Allowing us to pick less than 23 players is understandable but allowing more than 23 doesn't make sense.
If you picked more than 23, you're making each of your other votes less valuable by putting more votes into the poll overall. I don't think too many will have more than 23 picks for that however.

If nothing else, limiting the number of picks to 23 will stop trolls from picking all the choices.

Don't worry, that's not really a problem. The players are being picked for the team based on their individual popularity. If someone votes for everyone, they've effectively wasted their vote, and that should be obvious to anyone who does so.

That being said, there has been no one who has selected all of the options so far. I appreciate the suggestions though - criticism is healthy for a manager.

Who will create the players, tho ?

The manager (me) will take the poll responses, see which memes are the most popular, create a PES export that has the tactics and player appearances (see pic related for the old Spurdo, and for the updated Spurdo) in it, and manage it during live games.

Hell, the old sbudro is beautiful!

Good luck

No other generals have responded to the call ? :^)
Or are they afraid ?

/cum/ and /balt/+/ausnz/ have also asked to be part of any future Intercup.

Yeah, more banter and insults :^)

5-0 never forget

Sup Forums have never really recovered from that glorious event desu

Bump. What are the others doing ?

>What are the others doing ?
What do you mean?

About the intercup. I'm not the same French user, but while >we and /mena/ seem to have thought about it a little, the other generals seen to not care too much.
Not that it's really surprising

ZITTO ANIMALE is a spicy fresh new player

There is interest, don't worry. There's no need to move extremely quickly with the Intercup - based on how it would fit into the cup cycle it might not begin until after Autumn.

Extremely spicy but it might be a bit too early for it, if it sticks around then it'll find its way to the next poll definitely.

Some Sup Forumsernationally renowned /neder/ memes
- windmills
- dude weed lmao
- wooden shoes
- kanker
- sore throat g
- black pete

Actual memes on /neder/
- >dvw geen pesky
- 69IQ
- serenaflikker
- ameriboe
- >walen
- vossenjongen
- nachtfabriek
- struikeldonderdag

Team colours are of course orange, red, white and blue, but mostly orange.

Is dit de nieuwe draad

>randstad ontrbreekt

>- >dvw geen pesky
>- serenaflikker
>- vossenjongen
I don't want these representing my general.

>- ameriboe
>- nachtfabriek
>- struikeldonderdag
Good suggestions for 2014.

This.

Snib?

Er zitten vooral bekende Nederdraders tussen je lijstje vrind. Dat en het is 77IQ.

Kotbaas
Vachtflikker
Nootjood
Arabier

>lelg
>jouw generaal
lmke ga een vlaanderendraad maken koek

Dat zijn allemaal persoonlijkheden, geen miems.

persoonlijkheden zijn miems

Minder draadpersoonlijkheden, niet meer.

Minder! Minder! Minder!

Ik eis een democratische stemming over onze spelers want anders wordt dit een ramp.

Also I suggest we take this to the nederdraad and leave this thread for the reason it was originally created.

Were getting Charlemagne is French as a player, do you like it ?

Also for French anons, what should /fr/'s colors be ? Just France's or should we include other French-speaking cunts colors' ?

I don't mind if that's really a recurring topic.

kut, dat is mijn favoriete miem