Decide to use loonix to make my shitty trap gay homosexual music

>decide to use loonix to make my shitty trap gay homosexual music
>lmao nigger, LMMS is trash
>lmao nigger, none of the free chiptune VST you download works on LMMS
>lmao nigger, FL studio doesn't work on wine, lmao nigger, the wine version you have on repos are too old, but nobody gives a fuck to make the ubuntu wine repos the development ones
>lmao nigger, FL studio now install and works but none of your VST can be found
>lmao nigger you could try ardour
>lmao nigger, good luck finding good tutorials for it, most are for FL studio or windows or mac DAWs
>lmao nigger, good luck finding good demos in ardour to see it's power
>lmao nigger, your midi keyboard doesn't work
>lmao nigger, ALSA and JACK are some fucking clusterfuck, do you expected some easy shit?, no fuck you.
>lmao nigger, install the calf Lv2, but it sounds like a cheap windows VST
>lmao nigger, you want those realistic 50 GB sample orchestral libraries pro use?, no, fuck you, they don't work on linux

>delete linux
>install latest version of W10
>everything works just fine
>easy to work
>not BS
>have a song ready in 10 minutes using all my meme plugins and meme libraries from torrent

i found your problem
>making music
>thinking traps are gay
i remember when i was 14 years old

Using Linux is something stupid people do to appear smart. It's sad really

>decide to install lunix on my thinkpad because thinkpads are supposed to be one of the best devices for linux
>try xubuntu
>trackpoint speed slow as shit
>go to settings to fix it
>the sliders don't do anything
>try to import a calibrated .icc profile for my screen
>nothing happens
why do i keep falling for memes

Dude gentoo is the best OS for producing music. Fuck that mac 'cuck' os and gaydows

config files are placebos implanted by glow in the dark cia nigger cattle to keep basement dwelling neckbeards from hacking the whitehouse

Linux is really only a DE

There's bigwig studio.

If you want a DAW (aka software that will jack you off) use macos or windows. You can literally do anything you want in audacity. Nobody said it would be easy tho.

You should pick the right tools for the job before you start complaining about your own decisions. Just how retarded are you?

You realize Bitwig, a DAW that isn't a complete joke like ardour or LLMS, is available on linux right?

you seem to ignore all the plugins and VST and sample libraries pro uses don't work on linux?

also linux audio driver makes the low sounds crash or sound like noise.

>implying you need 500GB of pirated pro orchestral libraries for your shitty meme music that you wouldn't use anyway

Besides, the vast majority of windows VSTs work with bitwig through wine now.

Either way, it's true, I'd probably just use windows or macOS for any sort of media creation (reason why I run a dual-boot still) but none of it has to do with linux being inherently bad for media creation. Developers just ignore linux because they feel the market share isn't substantial enough to justify supporting it.

there's a reason why pros don't make music with linux.

the only good multimedia done with linux is the shit the blender fundation movies.

fpbp

I love how the lincucks are all readied up to shit on windows, but as soon as you bring up actual media creation they’re like “w-well just use windows then”

Lintards ETERNALLY btfo by themselves

>>decide to use loonix
Found your problem.

That's what you get for trying to use a homemade OS. Linux is a joke

Man, the only reason to use linux or bsd is to maintain software as free as possible. If you don't mind it being proprietary, use whatever tool is more appropriated to your job.

linux is shit for audio/music for the most part
bitwig is a nice step but getting audio setup and actual software support is still seriously lacking

>install latest version of W10
And here is your second mistake.

XFCE explicitly lacks native support for color management dumb nigger, you could had easily known this by searching "xubuntu color management" or you could had bypassed all of it by just installing DisplayCal like anyone who actually cares about color reproduction does
>the sliders don't do anything
Also, none of what you said ever happened, since Xubuntu simply doesn't support color management and trackpoint adjustment has been in Ubuntu since 7.04 with a nice GUI working just fine

>is the shit the blender fundation movies.
Since Spiderman II a lot of big hollywood movie CG is done in Blender on some Linux distro, and Pixar runs Renderman on Linux

>making music

get a job

> Things that never happened

I genuinely hate to agree because I really love working in Linux, but using Windows for your DAW is pretty much a no-brainer. I've been using Windows for my DAW machines for almost 20 years now.

you can do video editing on linux now that Resolve 14 is out

I have Harrison mixbus 4 on my thinkpad with arch.
Literally not a single time put to use.

PT + Live on windows it is, because I have clients and real life work to deal with.

BTW have fun using an audio interface or (gasp) a DSP Card on Linux

OP's probably lying. Many musicians who produce MOD music, using trackers, use Unix.

>digital
>"""""""""""music""""""""""

I installed Gentoo and use SuperCollider + LMMS + Audacity for electronic music and I have no complaints.
And I use paper to write acoustic music and then transcribe it using lilypond+frescobaldi.
SuperCollider made me not want to touch VSTs ever again. People who depend on those are all just lazy faggots.

>chiptune VST
It's just triangle and saw oscillators plus some noise generator, you don't need them.

spbp?

It took this many posts for the autistic screeching to go from
>well, then use windows! we didn't want you anyway!
to
>you're lying op! you're a liar! i know that you can do all those things i didn't understand on linux! why are you even saying that linux isn't real?! it IS real!

What in the literal fuck is wrong with this board?

>fuck VSTs

Can you even generate anything that doesn't sound like garbage without Massive?

Sytrus and Harmor.
Plus who needs fucking massive just to make chiptune?

just use Renoise
/thread

Massive just sounds so much cleaner and clearer, other VSTs need a shit ton of mastering.

As I already mentioned, with SC.
But it also helps knowing a lot about signal processing. If you're really interested, there's Puckette's theory and technique of electronic music.
I basically use LMMS for composing, send midi to SC, record it in audacity and mix it.
SC lets me do a lot of crazy shit that would be impossible with VSTs.

>a lot
Yeah, no. Also render farm running linux doesn't count when the art is done on mac/win in Maya you tool.
We actually forced our 3d compositors to use linux, because nukex works alright, but you're delusional if you think blender or linux is used in the industry in any meaningful capacity. Hell, even XSI is used more than blender.