Is there any amerindian culture left besides the theater shows for tourists?

Is there any amerindian culture left besides the theater shows for tourists?

>south mexico will never become independent and separate themselves from mestizos and their shitty culture

Cultures like before the spanish conquest no
They are mostly tribes or live in insolated comunities, you can visit them here but they probably dont even speak spanish

Some in the Amazon and the Andes.

Is the day of the dead adopted from aztecs?

i think the Andes one is "show for tourists"
the last real injuns live innawoods

Aren't there some hardcore innajungle tribes that barely had contact with other people and still live like they always have?

Isn't this essentially what the central american countries are?

Not quite, its a mix of catholic "Day of all saints" and all the traditions of the cultures that inhabited mexico in that time, death was something very important for the natives, the church decided to embrace it instead of fight with it

Yes, a few have had contact with civilization though

This country is heavily influenced by natives, even in black areas, pic related (hat) is one of the biggest representatives of colombian culture, and it comes from the pacific coast

Not really, they perform the odd ritual or festival, but for the most part they live a western lifestyle with TV, alcohol, and high-carb junkfood. Even in buttfuck nowhere northern canada, a lot of the old people are hardcore though and live off the land.

Not really because those countries are still controlled by mestizos.

>the church decided to embrace it instead of fight with it
yeah like with everything
rebranding Yuletide into Jesus birthday and adding cake and gifts? genius!

Sure there are. Give me money and ill show you

Not really, there are a lot of amerindians but mestizos and whites have run things here historically.
Costa Rica is a country with less amerindians and more mestizos, they put their amerindians on reserves and were no influenced by them.
Here in Guatemala we have a lot of amerindians but they are mostly poor and refuse to assimilate.

Reggaeton, latin kings, fighting with machetes, etcétera
Spanish culture? In mexico? Population is indigenous there

Are you stupid?

yes :D
trips beat dubs btw

He's probably also baiting, but yes, he's stupid, he'sbeen looking to pick a fight for a while now.

Yes, there is, but it isn't tourists friendly and mostly alive only amongst subsistence farmers. Keep in mind it isn't pre-colombine culture, most native Americans are Christians and they have been influenced by European norms/technology for a good 500 years (in my country) for better or for worse they haven't remained unchanged at all.

Having said that there's still countries that are largely Amerindian in terms of population and at least linguistics, while some others like mine have incorporated a great deal of their culture into ours (Cuisine, festivities, arts, etc.) so it isn't like many of the traditions in our pueblos are unauthentic. You can for instance travel to Taxco and Santa Clara del Cobre and find the people there doing traditional metalworking which retains strong native American traditions.

Some countries with majority Amerindian populations like Guatemala and Peru could conceivably re-create a new modern native American culture, but given the precedents I wouldn't hold my breath, Bolivia has to some extent attempted something like this and gotten nothing but cheap populism.

>Brazilian "tribe"
>It's a bunch of fatasses wearing modern clothes and speaking portuguese
>they dance a bit and chant some random shit when cameras are around
>demanded designated indian zones
>then sold the rights to cut down the trees to foreign companies
Fuck them.

Amazon are also are pretty "show for tourist" too if you go to Manaus.
Then there are those isolated tribes that you might as well be killed by one of their angry arrows when they see you.

Opa o Roraimafag ainda está aqui?

Sou do sul, bobalhão.

Quando fui aí tinham muitos indios parados em beira de estrada. Não é algo comum em SP. Impressão minha ou tem mais indio aí?

Não vejo muito índio aqui em Curitiba, o que tem bastante é haitiano.

Bolivia is pretty much an Amerindian country, they have the political power there, there are a few whites, and many mestizos, but it is the closest thing to an amerindian country.

If I recall correctly, Bolivia calls itself Plurinational State of Bolivia, which means it is a country with many nations, and natives can use their own laws to solve their problems.
I remember reading about a legal punishment of natives which meant tying someone naked to a tree, to let them be tortured by ants that bite.

whites are wealthier than natives, but it is pretty hard for a white person to get a job in the state, unless they cant be replaced, as in a surgeon, but if you are white you pretty much cant be a cop, most state jobs are for the natives.

bolivia has been doing very well economically for over a decade and a half, its main sources of income are selling gas to Brasil and Argentina, and agriculture in the east of the country, soy bean exports, Santa Cruz de la Sierra is the biggest city of Bolivia.
Even though Bolivia is landlocked and complain a lot about Chile and their lack of sea, they have access to the Paraguay river and export a lot through that river, they have an important river fleet.

>tfw you realize this will happen with white people in the future

I guess small towns in Peru and Bolivia

lots and lots, just none as big civilizations as they once were

i was thinking of the Xingus and Yanomamis but i guess they're too mainstream by now