dwm.suckless.org/patches/mpdcontrol/dwm-r1615-mpdcontrol.diff
wiki.debian.org/Dwm
github.com/lcpz/awesome-copycats
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i3/i3-gaps
Looks good, Easy to get productive

KWin because muh animations

dwm

i like how they replaced the bullshit attached to tiling window managers with shitload of autism

>not having music player controls in your window manager
it's like you don't even customize bro

spectrwm
which is inspired by xmonad and dwm. Both are fine but suffer from things like: crazy-unportable-language-syndrome, silly defaults, asymmetrical window layout, "how hard can it be?" and good old NIH

awesomeWM, I like how they break the config files an syntax every couple years

Gnome Mutter

Havent found anything good enough that can replace it yet.

Compiz, because it came with Unity and I got sticked to it

dwm, I like the tag model over workspaces and it's easier to work on source code for custom patches

>>not having music player controls in your window manager
w-what?

dwm.suckless.org/patches/mpdcontrol/dwm-r1615-mpdcontrol.diff

Too bad that noone updates these patches ever save for the most popular ones.

Some require just a tiddybit of fixing like one or two lines at best but for something like slock literally haven't found a single one that works. Smh.

i3-gaps
i love beeing able to tab any windows together plus it looks pretty cool

bspwm and yabar for topbar

openbox uwu

xfwm4

weston

because reasons

die

xmonad because it's the most customizable, especially when it comes to multiple screens

bspwm because it doesn't use the fucking garbage "tree" system i3 has, i regret using i3 first

Config files? Also what panel are you using?

CWM. Fell in love with it while I was learning OpenBSD.

What WM are YOU using and why?

tint2

don't bully her

I3 because I'm used to it.

>her

i3

I'm too lazy to setup dwm right now

awesomewm
>sane defaults
>intuitive
>easy to learn keyboard bindings
>Free Desktop integration
>just works

>gaps
solely aesthetic, curbs productivity

Im unable find the hourly desktop thread, do you mind if i post in here?

Ratpoison. I don't need bloat in my life but I am not a poser. Ricing is kept at minimum, I have all the keybinds I need, I script a couple stuff, etc. Is all about making a nice, smooth, working environment.

i3, it's very easy to use and the key binds/config are some of the simplest I've seen. I want to try awesome or dwm but I haven't had time to devote to setting them up

dwm.exe

Very nice. I like this a lot.
Cant wait until I have the time to install Arch

I also use openbox and I want your themes.

>can't wait to fix xorg.confg every time i update!

That is good though. Each time the configs broke the improvements were well worth it.

all it is there is all decorations turned off

How is it more customizable than awesome?

Gnome3

It simply just works well with my 4k display.

bspwm because i got tired of i3. Pretty cool so far although it took me a while to understand the config

openbox uwu

I'm on windows atm but when i switch over i'll be using dwm. I finally found out how to customize the damn thing. Took me a year to fucking figure it out. Fuck kai hendry, stupid fucking arch linux cuck.

The Debian wiki is god tier.

wiki.debian.org/Dwm

xmonad

Openbox, really for no reason other than XFWM is absolute garbage for multi-monitor setups (a lot of windows will always open on your leftmost display rather than your active display no matter what). Openbox is better (but still not perfect) in this regard, but I've had some other issues with it too, namely fonts rendering poorly in the titlebar and no window snapping (there's a program called opensnap that's good enough, but still a bit janky).

What's a good tiling WM with decent mouse support? I know the appeal of tiling WMs is the keyboard-driven interface and all, but when I prop my feet up off to the side and I have my dick in one hand that doesn't work so well.

BASED NIXOS USER. I NEED TO RETURN TO THAT IT IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING

Awesome has great mouse support, great multi-monitor support and window snapping by default.

Thanks, user. awesome was what I mostly had my eyes on.

why did you switch from nixos?

because it blows

i have autism

To elaborate, for the mouse support: you can resize the windows by holding down your mod key and then right-click + drag. Moving is the same but with left click. If you have titlebars enabled you don't have to use the mod key. Te tags can be clicked on, so can the window titles in the wibox. If you right click anywhere a menu shows up. For the multiple screens: programs show up wherever your focus was when you launched them (unless you bound a program to a specific screen/tag). You can move them from one screen to the next by pressing mod+o, or you can bind each screen to a specific key. Each screen has it's own tags.

Check this out too: github.com/lcpz/awesome-copycats

blows every other distro out of the way
don't, autism sucks

>using mpd
>2017

not even using Linux as my day-to-day desktop at present, but considering going with Sway after I do my next build.

> waiting on AMD DC to get mainlined with 4.15 or 4.16 and maybe even for 2nd gen Threadripper sometime in Spring. would also like actual SR-IOV graphics too but not exactly remotely hopeful there.

looks rad

So what? If I have the extra pixels why not make my desktop look better

What do you use?

Thanks, user. I'm dicking around with it a bit right now and I like it a lot. I tried i3 a while back and it was nice, but this is really lovely. After a bit of tweaking, this'll be perfect.

Is there really anything better on linux?

kwin
because plasma/kde

Holy shit, this is really the perfect wm. Why the fuck wasn't I using this earlier?

wanna share that wallpaper please?

Glad to help. It has useless gaps that can be resized on the fly too now, which, I guess, is something Sup Forums is into atm.

>Sup Forums spends years preaching the tiling wm meme
>in the end they just wanted extra keyboard shortcuts for regular windows envinronments

It is still a really great tiling wm with all of the implied benefits. It just so happens it has a few nice features for non-autists.