What format is your music library in?
>mp3 320/v0/v2/v4
>aac 256/192/128
>ogg
>FLAC
>ALAC
>WAV
>AIFF

it's all mp3, in whatever bitrate I happened to find. (128, 192, 256, 320, variable)

it's also pretty much entirely untagged, I organize it by filename. I used to have a script that actively stripped tags from files since some players insist on making decisions based on tags, but I haven't needed to do that in a long time.

I'm thinking the best way to go is FLAC on desktop and v0 on phone.

FLAC, gotta love the placebo effect.
I have around 2200 songs, most of them ripped from old cd:s I´ve bought.

>mp3
whoa, didnt you hear? mp3 died dude

Mostly FLAC's, MP3 for the incredibly hard stuff to find (80's and 90's japanese albums) and 128kbps opus on the phone

If it's available in FLAC, then that.
If not, best quality mp3 I can get.
Phone gets transcoded to v0

FLAC on computer and phone. Expandable phone storage rules.

.opus

YouTube URLs.

water

WMA
love my whammas

flac is love, flac is life

>archive
Most of the stuff in flac, some that I couldn't find mp3 (mostly 128)
>active stuff, synced to all my other devices through syncthing
mp3 v0 and mp3 128

I've got an android phone that won't recognize .opus. As soon as that happens I'll replace all mp3 with opus

.midi files

If I could afford extra large SD cards, I'd do so.

mp3 v0 and aac 256k for my phone and notebook using headphones (mini plug, so no external dac).
FLAC for my desktop using a good sound system.

Any other format, lossy or lossless, is trying to be "different". Except maybe ALAC since that's something Mac toddlers are forced to use.

Hey so I posted this question on /sqt/ but it got ignored, what can I used to edit a mp4 with advance audio coding? I saved some gameplay with shadowplay and I need to get rid of background music.

flac for archiving, opus 128k for playing

mp3

FLAC for storage, opus for everything else, and mp3 for stuff that doesn't support opus.

FLAC on my fuckhuge longterm storage server and Opus on my ownCloud server, which synchronizes everything to my devices.

I store my music in AAC-LC 192, and encode it to AAC-HEV2 32 for my phone because I have too much music to fit on my memory card, and it doesn't make much difference because of my shitty earbuds.

MP3 V0

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

This

>I've got an android phone that won't recognize .opus.
Pirate GoneMad Music Player.

I wouldn't even pirate it, but I won't use it. I'm using Phonograph because it looks pleasing and probably won't switch for some time

Transcoding lossy - absolutely heretical.

I acquire files from many different sources in the best format I can. Sometimes I can get flac straight from the source, sometimes I have to make do with the m4a soundtrack of a youtube vid. The purpose of my archive is to collect files and keep them in original condition. I only convert and use my personal favorite formats when converting my stuff to smaller, less qualitative files for my portable player and such.

cd image 1:1 master race