What is the best linux distribution, and why is it Fedora?

What is the best linux distribution, and why is it Fedora?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.snapcraft.io/core/install-fedora
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's the only distro that actually care about the user and doesn't treat you like an autistic faggot (as Arch Linux) or a manchild (Ubuntu based-distro). Red hat inc is the real powerhouse for linux, FSF doesn't do anything and they actually sounds stupid.

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer yo the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

What about Debian?

It's the one distribution that literally makes you want to kill yourself.

Packages are outdated. Apt and apt-get are an hell of a package manager.

>apt

>User is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported

That's a weird way to spell Arch Linux user..

>muh packages
stop using stable. it's a simple fix.
>muh apt
there's literally nothing wrong with apt I don't know why people keep bitching about it. I've never had issues with it.
Debian is the perfect distro. it has the noob friendliness of normalfag distros like Ubuntu or Fedora while working perfectly for people that actually know what they're doing. it's basically the C of distros.

Does Fedora support Snap?

Fedora is absolutely perfect for desktop use. I have it installed on my desktop and laptop and it's just amazing. I get really new packages and great stability and it's easy to use. I have XFCE as my desktop on everything and it just works.

It's a good distro but the packages are outdated and the unstable versions are too unstable for daily use, at least in my case. I'd use it for servers if OpenBSD wasn't a thing or if I wanted a GPL system for my server.

Has anyone got ANY distribution to work with the 2017 MacBook Pro? Why doesn't Linux support SPI driven devices despite SPI being a well defined and mature technology?

But testing and unstable breaks with updates. Even debian developers say not to use it.

Are you braindead or something? The Fedora installer gives you a checkbox when creating users that lets you make them administrators. But it doesn't matter anyways, just edit the sudoers file.

>Has anyone got ANY distribution to work with the 2017 MacBook Pro?
No. Stop buying fruity toys if you want to get real work done. It's not the job of Linux devs to cater to a small percentage of faggots that are just going to be using the default Fischer-Price OS anyways.

>why doesn't Linux support "insert hardware here"
It's not a "Linux fault", it's the fault of the hardware manufacturers. It's their job to make drivers and release them. So, why don't they support Linux? They're either incompetent or don't want to for any reason. Either way avoid that shit and only buy hardware which officially supports Linux; System76, Dell Ubuntu Laptops, KDE Slimbook, Alpha Centurion Laptops, just to name a few.

Manjaro is better.

fedora is a shit distro and if you use it you're retarded nigger cattle

usermod -a -G wheel

As much as other distros with equally new packages. Debian just redefines the word "stable" as something that would survive the apocalypse.

Yes.
docs.snapcraft.io/core/install-fedora

you mispelled solus.
Once they have jdk9 I'm switching for good.

>SELinux enabled by default, and ships with all the necessary packages to manage it.
>Compatible with RHEL/CentOS STIG policies, which can be deployed with OpenSCAP.
>Easily supports steam, and all my hardware.
>Close enough to the bleeding edge that everything is up-to-date, but not so close that you get a bad update.

>implying SELinux isn't NSA botnet/spyware

> Implying the NSA would weaken the security on their Linux boxes.
> Implying the NSA would literally backdoor themsel-
Who am I kidding? These are the same idiots who gave a random contractor near-unfettered network access, only for him to blow the whistle on all their spying projects. They probably ARE dumb enough to backdoor themselves.

>fedora

delet

>programmers are paid to be supermodels

It's the Patrician's choice.
>HURR DURR OUTDATED PACKAGES
You mean versions that are scientifically proven to be stable.

The way I view it is:
Fresh = Fedora
Stable = CentOS

But with Debian it's like:
Fresh = ???
Stable = Debian Stable.

They need a Debian compatible 'fresh' distro.
Debian stable is really nice... for like the first two months after release and then gets stale quick.
Debian testing is commonly suggested, but it still uses LTS packages where it can and doesn't get security updates.

Use Debian Sid for fresh packages. It's a little like Arch. It's rolling release with new packages and the name is always the same.
>captcha: safety fresno

Dubs confirms.

Fedora has been the best distro I've used.

Don't really like Fedora after they changed the package manager.

I know it's supposed to be better than yum but I work with CentOS all the time and it's just better.

That said, probably gonna try Fedora sometime in the future. Just sticking to CentOS 7 for now.

top kek

>Implying NSA doesn't remove malicious code in their builds

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

official landwhale OS

It may not be pretty user, but this is what peak female coding performance looks like.

Tru
Debian is the best of the best. Fuck all you faggots