Android secure encryption

When you encrypt your Android phone, it uses your screen lock password.
But the screen lock password has a limit of 16 characters.

How can I securely encrypt my Android phone, with this long password (or something equally secure)?
I am running 7.1.2 (Lineage).

Other urls found in this thread:

copperhead.co/android/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Why would you encrypt? When is your phone ever turned off?

Password length has been shown not to increase security parity in any meaningful way past 16 characters.

CopperheadOS

If you believe the american news, federal agents are all morons who wait > 3 days to take my dead fingers to unlock the phone.
So I guess law enforcement just turn the phone off for you if they need the data.

From what I understand, each app is a Linux user given its own part of the file system via chroot. Encryption ensures that if a rogue app finds an exploit to break out of that environment, it only sees the encrypted files.

Your 16 character password can consist of any characters that can be typed by the google keyboard, which is probably at least 80 characters. That's 80^16 possible combinations, or about 2,800,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 possibilities.

You are entirely capable of picking a secure password with a 16 character limit.

> Android secure

> Android

> secure

Well, do you know of a more secure mobile OS?

That's actually more than 100 characters

You know what he's going to reply with.

then add another couple of zeros

By using CopperheadOS, which supports two different passwords for lockscreen and encryption.

t. someone with an encryption password between 32 and 64 characters

That doesn't make android secure.

Android secure

>android
>secure

copperhead.co/android/

>No Google shenanigans/no account required (apps via F-Droid)
>Properly enforced SELinux policies
>Various buffer overflow protections
>Always the latest Android with first party security patches

You are a retarded who doesn't understand how full disk encryption works

Android uses file based encryption on newer devices

android secure encryption?

I don't know why it triggers me so much, but why did they put letters on the login keyboard, making it look like t9, but they don't have a t9 keyboard option when you type regularly.
And if you do have a text password, you get a regular qwerty keyboard, not the t9 keyboard.
I can understand that they have 1 keyboard for pin numbers and one for passwords, but why put the t9 letters under each key if it doesn't do anything?
Are they waiting for the t9 patent to be outdated to launch a "new" and amazing way to type?
"tech journalists"/preteen girls don't like t9, so they won't gain any favors by adding this feature so I don't see why it is there.

PureOS

Who said anything about full disk?

I encrypted my phone to get rid of some already deleted files. After encrypting, erasing everything and reflashing LineageOS I was still able to recover the deleted files. What the actual fuck?

That's how flash storage works. Anything deleted actually remains on disk but it's reference is removed. Unless you actually overwrite the storage cells of those files with any other data the files will remain there, but will be inaccessible (to regular users). The only way to permanently overwrite deleted files is to actually fill up your storage with garbage files. This way all storage cells will be hit. By merely flashing your disk you're only "deleting" currently active cells and writing a new ROM onto random cells without knowing which ones you will hit so the chances of you writing over files you wanted to delete are pretty low, especially if you have tons of internal storage.
And you encrypting the device did absolutely nothing. It only affects non-deleted data.

>tfw would love to go full tinfoil foss, but need some botnet apps for daily life

god damn the 6p is great. i've had mine since 2016 and none of the current/upcoming phones even appeal to me at this point.

i've never not wanted to get a new phone until i got the 6p

If you're worried about security just go get an iPhone. The FBI couldn't get pass the encryption without the help from a 'third party'