Whats Sup Forumss opinion on the surface book? Is it the macbook for PCs...

whats Sup Forumss opinion on the surface book? Is it the macbook for PCs? Is buying the highest spec surface book for someone who just wants to use some IDEs, and some media editing software and play games like dota 2 ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVEHw9u6pME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a macbook with windows

eh, a maxed out xps 15 is arguably better and cheaper

It's crap, just like a macbook

GLUE

Worse than Apple.
MacBooks look good and are decently useable.
Surface devices can do nothing besides looking good. Stuck on Windows, Macbooks can run pretty much any OS you want.

modern microsoft makes me ashamed of using their product

>just wants to use some IDEs, and some media editing software and play games like dota 2
If you don't have the need for long battery life and you're going to be using it at a desk for long periods of time, then I suggest getting a ThinkPad or Dell business laptop and setting up an external GPU. Get something with a quad core at least. They have docks that are usually pretty cheap where you can hook up all of your cables and displays and keyboards to it and the laptop just locks in when you want to use it as a desktop. I have a dock for my ThinkPad T400 and it allows me to hook up a VGA monitor, a PS/2 keyboard, a power cable (the laptop charges through the dock) and I get 4 extra USB ports that I use for a mouse, an external WLAN adapter, and an external hard disk for backups.

Here's what I'm talking about with the dock:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVEHw9u6pME

>buying chinkpad
Not even once

>chinkpad
They're good if you buy the business class ones, you faggot.

>Worse than Apple.
Nothing is as absolute utter fucking dogshit as Apple.

Doesn't really make much sense but it's pretty.

oh look he posted it again

How is that better in any way?

You're buying it solely for the form factor that includes a discrete GPU in the base.
This machine is for graphics design, texturers, modellers, etc. that need to quickly create and modify their designs and render them on-site.
It makes sense for someone that needs to walk into a meeting, make tweaks to a design over the course of an hour or two, and render the designs with enough detail to give an idea of what the final product will look like.
The discrete GPU and laptop form factor assist in the rendering power, and the detachable tablet allows you to pass the design around and easily show people.

the processor is better
you can actually upgrade/replace ram and ssd
the screen is better
the battery is larger
you can use an egpu if you really need to

Surface Book is not a competing product to the XPS 15.

>Is it the macbook for PCs?
yes

the guy wants to use IDEs, do media editing and play games, things that the xps 15 does a lot better than the surface book while being cheaper

And?

I'd agree with that.
The only advantage of the surface book for that use case is the fold-down mode with stylus for drawing, but the XPS is so much better at everything else that I'd prefer it with a drawing tablet over the surface.

The processor is not better: low power quad core vs. slightly faster but less efficient quad core
Upgradability doesn't matter
Screen is not bigger
Battery is not larger
Useless

Also, I think you're talking about the old surfacebook

Not a fan of the Proprietary hardware that would probably have trouble w/ running even Kali or Debian but I think the point of it is it's integration to Win10. So it's really good imo even though I wouldn't get one personally

We can't this do what you want?
Why do you feel the need to spend so much money?

Surfaces are garbage desu. We replace like 2 a week at work. And forget about RMA support. Microsoft doesn't give a fuck about timely service.

I got a free surface pro 1 with an ivy bridge i5. Got it for free because windows was bootlooping and it wasn't recognising any windows bootable USBs.

Replaced it with Ubuntu and it works fine now except for the atrocious battery life and heat.

I wonder why it works with Linux but not windows...

Also the keyboard and touchpad are trash.

What's with all the Surface shilling lately? Microsoft gearing up for the holidays?

How is saying that a product is for a very specific niche case shilling?
It's not like anyone reading this thread is actually doing what I described, so I'm not selling it to anyone here..