Firefox 57 address bar editing

There are several buttons at new address bar like add to bookmarks or save to pocket. And you can right-click them and remove. But is there a way to put them back? Or maybe even add reload button to AB like it was before the update?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reloader/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They go back into the three dot menu when you remove them.

Ah, cool
>not OP

See. Thanks.
No more reload in address bar, okay.

I guess might as well post ITT: anyone know how to increase tab width? The new update shrunk them and I can't read the titles anymore, pic related

while we're at it, how to remove 3 dots and arrow as well? any css hackers here?

Get dev or nightly.
Open the browser developer toolbox (ctrl+alt+shift+i)
Find the name of the element you want to remove with the picker.
Write a few lines of CSS
.urlbar-history-dropmarker {
display: none !important;
}

#page-action-buttons {
display: none !important;
}

Thank you.

what do I lose if I downgrade to 57? Just hoverzoom and media keys?

call me a retard, but I can only see webpage elements in the inspector, not the browser UI elements

Read the first two lines again very carefully.

Everyone keeps talking about the lost addons but what about the new features. Are the Containers worth using? Are there some new performance or security tweaks?

You can check any of them by searching at addons.mozilla.org
If you can't find it, then..
But good news, addons are updating relatively fast, and they will appear at your browser fully working automatically.

Actually this might not be enabled by default.

I'm on nightly, the shortcut does not work. I open the bottom panel with F12 and select the inspector tab. Isn't it the same thing?

Indeed, I had it disabled. Still, no idea how to access the UI elements. The "topmost" element is oneechan's class.

F12 is not the same thing.
The shortcut should open a detached version of the same panel and the picker should work anywhere in the window including the chrome.
You can also try opening it from the menu. Web Developer -> Browser Toolbox

I did it (it's the same thing, you can also detach the f12 version), but I'm still not able to select anything outside the webpage. I just made a new clean profile to make a little test, and it's not working there as well.

Oh fuck, nevermind I'm stupid. My firewall is set to block everything new by default, and it blocked the remote debugger. It's working now, thanks user!

Actually, one more thing. While hiding elements seems simple, I'd love someone to spoonfeed me the css kode for stop/reload buttons at the end of addressbar (It seems that in 57 you can no longer do this via customize menu).
Ideally, I'd love to see the same thing that was in pre 57 firefox - stop button while page is loading and reload button after the page has loaded.

I don't know if that's possible but it's certainly not trivial.

Good news!
Actually you can bring back reload button by installing this: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reloader/
It's a bit lack of space to the right but it's working.

Containers are interesting. I use them at work whenever I need to login as multiple users simultaneously. Previously, I had to use private browsing for that.
Performance is definitely up on my system. I used to have to check my swap usage every three youtube videos, and kill it when the HDD started thrashing. Not anymore.

Everyone asks how to remove the space to the left of the tabs but how do you shrink this space on the right between the tabs and the minimize button? I can't find it with the element inspector.

It's the same element but the type is "post-tabs"

Nice, thanks for the tip.

Thanks user. This was driving me up the wall.