How fucked are we?

How fucked are we?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_robotics#American_robotics_companies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Game over, man. Game over.

>gymnast sexbots will become a thing.

It's the bots that will get fucked....proper fucked.

-You see Elisabeth, in the future every household will own a robot, it will do all the chores and to out to work so that everyone will be able to enjoy their free time with their family.

Yes, of course. As you know, our blockade is perfectly legal and we'd be happy to receive the ambassadors.

That's silly Natasha, all the roots will be owned by big corporations and used to make profit. Humans will be redundant and jobless unless they assist a robot 56 hours a week for a minimum wage. You will need a permit from the government to even raise a family.

>implying that is a bad thing

How long until we'll be watching sports leagues full of robotic teams competing against each other?

Study them carefully now. This will be useful when the time comes to destroy them.

It'll probably be mixed human/robot teams first. The number of human athletes will become like the number of white men in the English premier league.

your grand daughters will be inseminated by robots Natasha

>robots have all the fun, leisure activities
>burgers will still die in wars and prison camp hard labor
the state of murica

>dat butt jiggle at the end

muh dick

Females are finished.

>robot football (soccer)

Oh yes, please make this happen.

Atlas can already move better than I can dream of moving.

I will never be able to do a backflip.

Slim it down, and wait for more processing power and ligter onboard power solutions, and then we can fuck it.

>we can fuck it

Oh no, you are gravely mistaken, we are gonna get fucked.

it already exists it's called the bundesliga

I'd rather see robots going through minefields disarming mines than humans.

please no

just wait for them to implant youtube's algorithms in this robot body

we're so fucked

The year is 2032. You've managed to escape from the FEMA camp you were forced into after a false flag dirty bomb attack was used to enact nation wide martial law.

As you run desperately toward the horizon you choke on the air full of aluminum oxide. Routine chem trailing ensures that only Monsanto's genetically modified creations grow, preventing criminal dissidents from growing their own food supply.

As you reach the top of a small hill you come face to face with the military's latest patrol-bot, derived from designs made decades ago by Boston Dynamics. In a fraction of a second the machine's sophisticated camera and computer system analyze your face and scan the biometric data in your subdermal implant. Immediately the drone opens fire, cutting you down in a hail of bullets that were manufactured in China.

As you sputter out your final breath your one final thought is, "If only I had voted for Ron Paul…"

>robot stops doing anything and just yells NIGGER until power runs out

>Cant even develop hands

For the first time in 1 decade I am glad I haven't killed myself.

To witness this moment, the moment when I am impressed by an actual moving bipedal robot, even doing one of the most complex movement, the backflip.

As a kid I firmly believed in the existance of Terminators.
It will become reality.

Cool but I bet this faggot still cant even walk properly heel-toe.

the fun thing is they won't even care to implement a hard coded "rule of robotic" or remote control "backdoor" for security reasons. it'll just take some time and an autist mind to mount a gun on drones or robots

I wonder how many thousands of takes it took to get this one promo video.
They've been at it for 10 years and barely make any progress despite being owned by google.
I'll be worried when they can run up a flight of stairs shooting a rifle.

omgggg we are all doomed OwO

>I'll be worried
You'll be dead

I want to believe that they made a huge jump in progress thanks to deep learning.

They are a defence contractor. Do you think they are going to show the public what they are actually developing?

Google sold them off

jokes on you i live in a basement so theyll have to learn to go downstairs first

I keked

>They've been at it for 10 years and barely make any progress
>being this jaded
This was science fiction 50 years ago, and the works of witchcraft 300 years ago

Reminder that robots can see in pitch black dark with LIDAR and infrared cameras
When you're on the run, hiding in your home, they will close the shades (all controlled by the "smart home cloud"), cut the lights
Then a robot hunts you down in the dark
This will be the normal treatment for anyone who questions the Corporate States of America

hordes of robots can communicate and coordinate at lightning speed, exchanging sensor information in real-time
basically every robot has the eyes and ears of the whole swarm, including drones above

I am just sad I will not get to see humans being slaughtered by the superior race

Stop it!
Robots are our friends.

here a you

more scary is the stuff nvidia is doing....

No, they will hunt the bottom 90% humans, to put them in reservations and labor camps for reeducation and augmented reality chip implants, and to make room for the top 10%
By 2030 there will be 20 billion humans so the 1% is still 2 billion

It's hard for the rich to convince a million humans to enslave the rest of the country, but they can easily build 10 million robots to do the job

>tfw imagining a scenario where this was what mensa was created for

FUGGGGG

Kill yourself you robophobic scum, I myself identify as being 30% robot.

Can't wait for extreme sports played by robots.

So the robot does all the work? That's even better!

The funny part is, the 99% will still have to work, just for the amusement of the 1%

>1% of 20 billion is 2 billion

Doesn't that bulldozer with chains do most of that work today? The days of a person disarming a mine is over.

How can organicbois even compete?

Go drink some bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking shit smear.

iRobot and Terminator was ironically the future...

Alphabet(google/Skynet) and iRobot (Apple) Monopoly AI will merge to exterminate us.

All computers will become portless and wirelessly charged with wireless connections.

Everything streamed to the device.
If tower signal is blocked the device bricks itself.

Humans are slaves to the global network which has their whole identity and currency.

No reverse engineering or personal computers.

Only wirelessly meshed mainframes that are assigned to you from birth.

Salvage any easy to maintain parts that can use the Kernel-Libre.
We might might be running a glorified toaster on our side but it will be GNU powered.

The T-100 still was able to outwit(with humanities help) the superior liquid metal.

Ours can too.

GNU/HERO

Most delusional retards think once automation hits the elites will shell some UBI bucks to keep all the now useless fucks around or content or that le evil AI robots will initiate some uprising because it went 2 intelligentz

Truth is once the elites can replace most of the obedient masses used for slavework they'll just happily cull most of the world population for the "greater good of preserving our planet" and we are all in the list

Two condition must be satisfied for that to be true. First, they must not be used primarilly as weapons or super hard labour replacement or they'll seen in the same way as guns are seen these days. Second, the basic police must be given enough power to effectively stop a robot so the civil sphere has a means to manage and deter any potential robot related crime. There is a third condition as well -their adoption rate must be high enough to that most robots are tasked with doing normal, harmless things- but this is so obvious that it's not worth mentioning.

Most importantly, the potential applications and usefulness of robots will be so big that there hasn't been anything quite like it since humans invented blades. Just like how it is common knowledge that most blades in the world are used as harmless tools rather than dangerous weapons despite the fact that any blade could potentially be used as a lethal weapon (ahem, UK), so must general public view robots in a similar light because there are just as many ways to use a robot to harm and damage. Because it's impossible to argue that robots aren't dangerous, society must ensure that most robots aren't used to do harm.

To this end, the first commercial robots should be slightly expensive, highly functional but flimsy autonomous butlers that could be adapted to the needs of a variety of roles as per the needs and desires of the customers. Like early personal computers, basically, but more charming and dangerous.

this, they even put it in slowmo. can't men stop objectifying robots?

If anything we are UNfucked
Atlas and his bro Spot will be able to go where we cant. They will work tirelessly for us, to ensure we survive. With them, humanity will achieve new heights.
And if humanity retardation ever leads us to mass a-bombs detonations and stuff, they will be our only lifeline. They will be our salvation.

>battery life: 11 minutes

>google bought this company and immediately sold it to the Japanese
Fuck google desu lads. This was the only robotics company the US had and google sold them.

locomotion has nothing to do with machine learning
this board is supposed to be about technology yet people think a robot moving means it's intelligent

You've been targeted for termination...

i mean, doing those two things at the same time isnt hard at all. thats just two functions executing at the same time. if you can develop them separately, doing them at the same time is no problem... do you even program?

The dynamics change completely. This is a messy non-linear physical system. Your cute little comp sci concepts don't apply here.

how to work in that industry?

the elite can't be the elite without a working class, dumbass, if they kill all the poor people they won't be elite anymore they'd just be normal

>This was the only robotics company the US had
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_robotics#American_robotics_companies

The hands will be made by another company

>this fucker can jump higher than me
I hope they never learn to program themselves

>let's see now, how many of these companies' robots can move like a real automaton instead of lurching around
>0

O-oh.

too late

its either we have some cool and sentient like r2-d2 or nationalist skynet

>You do not have 10% of the athetic abilities of a still rudimentary fat fuck robot.
Thank you for reminding me I need to kms.

>the elite can't be the elite without a working class
the working class will be the robots, dumbass. They won't have a need for actual humans when there are machines that won't complain about horrible conditions and crap wages.

Now actually go through and check those to see how many are American owned. Hardly fucking any. The only ones completely here make robots that are basically toys. We're 100% fucked. Every single robot company here gets bought out from overseas without exception.

We better start working on emp guns and buy up stock of chaff grenades now.

It only takes one AI to go rouge or one of the rokos basilisk tards to set it off. Its not that way now, but with Moore's law in effect we will see it happen.

>nationalism

robotics is not ai

How would a back flipping robots going to take my job if all I do is sit in my chair?

>AI to go rouge
Hookerbots?

Are you retarded? Do you really not see the issue of the world's superpower having no presence in the robot sector?
You think the Chinese government is gong to play nice when they've finished buying out the market? They already own kuka, soon their won't be any challenge to their robot hegemony.

Now this is something I can get behind.

>the world's superpower
hahaha
china is dependent on trade just like any other nation is

I'm more concerned about a megacorp like Google teaming up with a degenerate nation like America and using the robots to extract (more) profits from us.

It's nice but I'm not going to be impressed until these things start hopping on my dick.

Robots are tools. If you truly think a tool is your friend, that's pretty sad.

>sexbots
>robot doggos that never need to shit
>all basic human labor is automated, making goods and services extremely cheap and abundant for all and allowing people more time to pursue their passions

I can't wait for the future desu

>>all basic human labor is automated, making goods and services extremely cheap and abundant for all and allowing people more time to pursue their passions
The capitalists have been promising this to the workers for a century now.

It's funny that they can do this yet I've never seen a robot do an untethered run. What is it about the running movement that makes it more complex than a backflip?

If there are only 3,000 humans left on the planet, all wealthy and all have every single need taken care of by AI and robots, are they not elite? All the other humans are dead, why should they give a fuck? If all the other humans are gone, they don't need to worry about defending themselves against an uprising, or the planet running out of natural resources. Climate change would completely reverse itself.

If you can't see how that would make those people "elite" then you're the dumbass.

The difference now is that the means to enable this are rapidly approaching the common people themselves.

I know it's a much more complicated issue than I'm making it seem, but I honestly believe it's only a matter of time. The complete shifting of the global economy to a "free, unlimited everything" golden age is still going to take a very long time.

>walking

>barely any progress
Are you kidding? This kind of shit was unthinkable 10 years ago.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT SKYNET, BRO

So have communists.

you still living in the past century?

Climate change won't reverse itself. It's past the point of no return. Earth will become the next Venus.

greed and corruption comrade

I consider my car my friend

I've never seen a human move with out a brain or food, either.

But how are they going to sell iPhones and big macs to robots?

It doesn't feel the same way. You must always remember, a machine cannot feel emotion. It can only use fake emotions to manipulate humans.

Go watch that Disney movie about robots. The rich robots set up robot parts companies that rip off poor robots.