Now that it's dead what do we use?

Now that it's dead what do we use?

Other urls found in this thread:

adblockplus.org/blog/attention-noscript-users
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/javascript-control/
hackademix.net/2017/11/14/double-noscript/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NoScript. Shit for brains.

Daily reminder that noscript used to be malware that disabled parts of adblock for financial gain:

adblockplus.org/blog/attention-noscript-users

don't trust it

cool story bro

They're working on getting it up and running on Quantum. They said it should be done by the end of the week.

just switch to chrome -_-

I just switched to umatrix after upgrading to FF57 and it's way better.

Just use uMatrix. It is much more powerful than noscript ever was or will be. This is coming from someone who previously had used no script in conjunction with ABP, but since uMatrix covers both the feature sets of these extensions, there was no reason to use either anymore.

Just use ublock origin in medium mode. It's pretty good just like umatrix but the good thing is you don't have two addons doing the same thing in your browser.

This

uMatrix.
How is this even a question?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/javascript-control/

>so little blocked on wired
>brags about it

>adblockjew

Serious question here.

Turning off Javascript basically turns of whole internet. As webdeveloper I can say 90% of all pages cannot be uset without Javascript. Thats what my experiences and insight instinct says.

What are real experiences Sup Forums?

Why I ask? I get bored that my browser (no matter what browser u use) takes 5G of ram with 15 open tabs. I use page suspender addon and I do not keep heavy JS pages open - like Inbox, Facebook, etc.

You probably get what I mean and I guess I'm not the only one who stuggles this.

It isn't. They're porting it over.

hackademix.net/2017/11/14/double-noscript/

>2009
adblock plus was the goto adblocker at that time

uMatrix just looks more complex and advanced but in reality, it actually does less than NoScript does outside of script blocking and even Gorhill said he doesn't use it anymore and uses uBO medium mode instead.

Also the great thing about the NoScript + uBO default mode combo was that it didn't break sites nearly as much as uMatrix does, without having to allow any scripts. With uMatrix, you always have to allow some scripts for a site to be displayed properly, which overrides the filter lists and can lead to problems such as ads sneaking in on Youtube videos etc.

> Turning off Javascript basically turns of whole internet
Using a script blocker is not about "turning off javascript", it's about whitelisting the stuff we actually need, which is not a lot.
Most sites load many scripts in your browser, sometimes more than 12, while they work perfectly fine with only 1 or 2 of them.

Webdevelopers put so much bullshit scripts on sites that are simply not required and just malicious, to various degrees, they serve no other purpose than tracking, information gathering, ads, or worse. No reason to run them.

Browsing with noscript in most cases just means one single extra step when visiting a site for the first time, and that is whitelisting the main site script.

Firefox ESR with No-Script

they're both malware, abp is just pissed that th noscript mafioso tried to invade his turf

thanks bro
u r right about the JS bloatware ... tracking everywhere

but it seems like evertytime you visit a new page u have to spend like 5 mins to examine what script is ok and what is not
also webdevelopers bundle all scripts into one past several years so u still get the bloatware no matter what

As a blind person I refuse to visit sites who can't be accesed via Links + NVDA

What happens to web accessibility for disabled niggers?
Your site cannot even display text without javascript running? Well fuck you and fuck your site.

or, you know, wait a few No Script 10?
just a suggestion.

wait a few days for*
>derp

> uMatrix

it's really an unusable piece of shit in real life

you won't individually set 100 different settings for every single website

>also webdevelopers bundle all scripts into one past several years so u still get the bloatware no matter what

When you allow the main script that has other scripts linked to it, they are blocked by default even if the main script is allowed. Like when I allow google on Sup Forums in NoScript or uBO/uMatrix, the gstatic script that then appears is still blocked.

bundled not linked
checkout tools like webpack