Gig Economy

How does Sup Forums feel about silicon valley creating an abusive "gig economy" where people can "work the hours they want" by being assigned work via a phone app under the guise that they can earn $25 an hour?
Services like uber, lyft, grubhub, postmates, amazon flex, etc. have you performing nuanced delivery service jobs for less than minimum wage, zero training of any kind, no uniforms, almost zero vetting, and absolutely zero legal recourse under employment law because you are not a W2 employee, but a 1099 independent contractor according to the IRS.

Amazon does this too, via Amazon Flex, basically it's uber but for delivering amazon packages.
Companies like amazon can afford to have dedicated delivery employees, yet they have normal plainsclothes people running around being bossed around by a phone app, delivering packages out of their cars, and sometimes even being arrested because they look like porch poachers stealing stealing packages from people's houses.
They also limit the hours they can work to 40 because at that point, they become proper employees entitled to overtime pay, and they can't have that!
Amazon flex users have also created a cottage industry based around abusing the phone app, securing "blocks" (4 hour delivery gigs) with auto-tapping software, and then selling them to desperate workers.

It's a brave new world, where no successful company wants to train you, and now nobody wants to actually HIRE you as a full employee.

reminds me of the aqua teen allen episodes

Good thing I developed an in-demand technical skillset so I don't have to worry about such things.

Bluepilled greedy people are just hooked on fake fiat jewish money, so totally addicted they'll do anything for it.

>What about food? What about housing?

People COULD come together in solidarity and build housing and grow food if they wanted, but they all want to be part of the system and "get head" like rats.

Or college kids who don't know better.

Then don't buy shit from Amazon, or take an Uber. I'm not a welfare man so I don't ride in strangers cars.

If Craigslist decided to do this shit five years ago no one would have done it.

Fuck off

I mean, it sounds better than working in a call center if you have no marketable skills.

If I were still in college I'd totally drive Uber or deliver for Amazon instead of deliver pizzas like I used to.

Wonder if the Amazon delivery lady could hook up some weed. I might leave a note

This shit will be great when the services themselves are democratized and run by the workers

For now.

Fucking retarded NEET.

t.soyboy cuckold

this, it'll all run off ethereum one day

Those food delivery services let you keep all the tips, so basically if you're a cute girl, you'll make good money, just like in any other waitress job.

>that arm hair
Thought indians had no body hair?
Looks disgusting on women desu

uber is a great idea for the 3rd world because taxi scams are very common. uber is the ebay of taxis, and the reputation system lets out of towners not get shafted by locals preying on them. it keeps the subhuman 3rd worlders honest.

if you work for uber in the 1st world, in an area that isn't blue collar corrupt, then you're a downright retard. insurance and vehicle service makes uber uneconomical to operate in the 1st world

Indians really have no sense of personal space, do they?

>never seen a woman upclose

This board man

Bump

>>It's a brave new world, where no successful company wants to train you, and now nobody wants to actually HIRE you as a full employee.
this surprises you? hiring is a pain in the ass, training is expensive, and what the employees want (job security) is directly opposed to what the company wants (flexibility)

besides the endgame is automating all this shit away anyway, the employees are a stopgap.

>Companies like amazon can afford
you don't know that.

I've yet to see a single pajeet in my field since it involves working outside a cubicle.