@linuxfags

how does it feel being powerless when your wifi isn't working and not knowing how to fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mark_Institute
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ez, get the android phone, connect to the PC and enable tethering. Install new driver - done.

Do wincucks lack problem solving skills of a 4 year old?

How does it feel to make yet another shit thread?

Posted from my Windows 10

It’s called reading the manual

>Do wincucks lack problem solving skills of a 4 year old?
Doubt that.

>macfags with an iq of 109

fuck *104

kek the graph is absolute

I don't know. Never had a problem with wifi.
Only problem with linux I have - no gf

>using wifi
my building's spectrum is too fucking loud (>50 APs in range right now)

IT fag
The Windows troubleshooters usually cause more problems than they fix.

Would be funny if they were all on the same channel and you could just run yours on a different channel and be fine

>plug in Ethernet cable and fix the problem
or this>backups
>spare hardware
it's not that hard, but I know that most people don't do this.
You can actually get linux to work by the way. Just wait before updating so problems get patched, a luxury that windows 10 people don't have.

>implying that ever works
At best it usually just restarts your wifi card

Even windows fags know this shit doesnt work. Go back to the designated shitting street, pajeet

Usually it just wastes a lot of time and then tells you it couldn't fix the problem

Actually, I had a funny story about this a few days ago. My fiancee and I are staying in a hotel and the hotel gave us their WiFi info. She is using windows 7 on her laptop and I'm using Ubuntu on mine. When I tried to connect I opened my browser and got a notification to log into the hotel network. My fiancee, on the other hand, could not for the life of her get that page to come up. She eventually went down to reception and they had someone from maintenance take a look. Windows, not even once

I do know how to fix it, though, user. Are you a faggot with a special WiFi card that couldn't get arch on his little lappy?

nmcli c up id

I wouldn't know. These are the things I do solve the problem, escalating if one doesn't work.

1. re-insert the kernel module (driver)
2. rebuild the kernel module for current Linux headers
3. reboot
4. recompile driver from source
5. downgrade kernel to previous working version

>not knowing how to fix it?
I dont have this problem.

If we're assuming the issue arose after a kernel/driver update. If it's just being shitty or not working restarting the network manager would come before any of that imo.

>(R)

GUD1

All of my WiFi problems have been driver issues.
The only problems I have with network managers is buggy GUI software breaking between version updates.

Oh. Well when I got my laptop it came with a SHITTY FUCKING BROADCOM PIECE OF SHIT wireless adapter (which I promptly threw in the trash after upgrading to an Atheros chipset a while back) and after 20-30 minutes of use it would randomly drop to like 2-3Mb/s and restarting the network manager fixed it. I actually ended up creating a bash alias for it. It actually had a similar problem in Windows, although it occurred less often.

The only thing I can say about this is Linux makes printers just fucking work
It's literally the only thing Windows cant ever do consistently or in a stable way, yet Linux just makes the printer its bitch.

Fuckin hell

I use Linux but my IQ is surely below 80. get at me.

I don't know. I 'm not a colossal fucktard so I don't use wifi.

>what is an outlier

i wouldn't know

>falling for the wireless jew

Ethernet is the only real solution anyway.

> OP wants to troll linuxfags.
> OP posts the "windows diagnostics" meme.
LMFAO

>not knowing how to fix it
I'm not a retarded pajeet so this has never happened to me

Are you retarded or something? Could you not fix her problems yourself? Bet she cucks you

t. Married man whose wife doesn't ask other men for shit

I never had the Windows """diagnostic""" actually fix anything in my whole life.

What is the IQ of the average plan9 user?

> how does it feel being powerless
Powerless. Also that's exactly how I feel when I see this window or the windows of a system restore and don't even know what it does and what else I should try on my own.

>Connect to ethernet
>Run mintdrivers
>2 clicks
>Restart
>Now it works forever.
Linux wifi problems are powerless aganist clem and his god distro.

>when your wifi isn't working

You lost me there

this

>what's a manpage
Dumb windows poster.

>manpage
any reason it's not "womanpage" or "personpage", you misogynistic virgin shitlord?

yea, it's short for 'manual page'

> Pretends faildows users don't have wifi problems

I'm terrible with networking stuff, but I can handle the other things she has issues with just fine.
t. man with a cuckquean fiancee

The worst WiFi problems I've ever had have been on Windows.

not the sharpest tool, are you?

It's your fault for choosing a Broadcom card in the first place.

I would have if my laptop didn't have one of those awful ethernet ports that have the bottom half fold out. That shit just destroys the locking pins on 8p8c connectors

Nice bait OP. The whole point of using GNU/Linux is that _IF_ something doesn't work, you know exactly while and it's relatively straightforward to fix.

This isn't windows where all you get is "something happened" and you literally need to pay microsoft more money in order to MAYBE get assistance.

Better than knowing I'll have to deal with these fucking things.

Then I just fire up one of my dozen other machines and figure it out.

it's so big, if a pixel was an atom, it'd be bigger than the size of the universe

Yeah. It's probably just running extra telemetry so once a network connection is reestablished, it can tell Microsoft everything you did to fix it so they can put it in a script for their phone monkeys.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mark_Institute

thats not entirely true

>and not knowing how to fix it?
i dunno user, i use linux. debug logs are surely more informative than windows problem detection loading bar

>ifup wl0 -v
>spot where there process stucks
Yup, Linux really needs 10 minutes of problem detecting with no output

ever heard of GIGABIT LAN?

So how many of these idiotic shillbot threads are you going to bore everyone with today?