R.I.P. Hooktube

Sup Forums user who made it got vanned

FUCK

what happened

well that was quick

F

what did you expect? get away with stealing youtube bandwidth?

Happened too suddenly

Have you got source user?

Why are you guys pretending the site is dead

My autorenew failed. It's all my fault for being retardo. It's fixed.

The guy running it got arrested

Kewl

Email user from the other day.

I still reported you for DMCA violations to google.

As you use a .com domain and your sites IP is in the states, you are fully liable for litigation under the DMCA as you are operating in an American territory.

Enjoy getting fuckod

Glad to hear the gPolice didn't get to you.

Question: Have you or your host recieved any kind of threats or C&D's or even just polite letters from Google yet?

Imagine being this hungry for attention

What a fag you are

Yes we get it. You like sucking Google's cock. Good for you.

Now go away.

i know the guy irl he got v&
don't listen to him he's cia

That's not how it works. Hooktube is just a php script and a bunch of links

I think my host would let me know, been their client for a decade and always get treated really well

Don't listen to this guy. Send your phone numbers to his my email to verify

t. Pirating pajeets who don’t believe in rewarding people for their hard work.

ask him to make the search box longer pls

>facilitates bypassing of access controls
>facilitates bypassing or content creator revenue streams
>facilitates bypassing of geolocked content

All DMCA violations.

It’s like you’ve never read the law.

All new design coming up thanks to the user in yesterday's thread. Dark as well so that'll stop the night mode requests

(You)

> Hard work
> Making a shitty video using other people's content or products
> Clickbaiting the shit out of the title for that tasty, tasty ad money
> 25% of video is literally "Please subscribe", "Please like" and "You can win free shit if you like us on Facebook!"

Haha... No.

Not a refutation.

Transformative content is fair use.

Fuck off rajesh

i use ht with 8kB/s ^^ it loads fast

Useless shit

Its definitely not useless

at least there are lessons to learn

> Using other people's videos and products to make lazy clickbait videos for ad money
> Totally okay bro!
> Using a service to watch said shitty clickbait videos without giving ad revenue to anyone
> Piracy! Fuck off rajesh!

>Using other people's videos and products to make lazy clickbait videos for ad money
Fair use under DMCA if content is transformative

>Using a service to watch said shitty clickbait videos without giving ad revenue to anyone
Forbidden under the DMCA for reasons listed here:I don’t expect a 12 year old 4channer to understand the law, but I suggest you read up on legalities and the YoutubeToMp3 case before you shit up this board with your b&posting

As a Content Creatore™ with 700k views I say fuck them all. Almost as campable as blue checkmarks.

protip: if you don't want to get v& use cloudflare AND use a proxy in a 3rd world country. so no one can ever find out your actual host.

if they dmca cloudflare, cloudflare gives away the ip your point to, if it's your actual host you might have problems, people can find out your actual server ip.

>Almost as campable as blue checkmarks.
what?

They wouldn't care, + I have nothing to lose. I'm basically a bum with no friends or family.

> Implying DMCA is some kind of universally recognized law governing moral rights and wrongs
> You are 12!
> YoutubeToMp3 got shut down that means I'm right!
> Stop shitting up my board!

You have some issues, friend. Not so much the former, but definitely the latter.
If you want to live your life by the DMCA bible that's your decision, but please don't run around thinking its gospel needing to be preached.

If you genuinely think that Hollywood execs, music organizations and large companies (The people who helped found and push the DMCA) have your best interest in mind, then you are in for a rude awakening one day, and for that I truly pity you.

He's referring to the Twitter "Verified" icons.
It's a meme to hate on them I think.

It's already back up.

>Implying DMCA is some kind of universally recognized law governing moral rights and wrongs

It’s a site using a .com domain hosted in the United States with a US IP. I never said it was universally enforceable. I said it was enforceable because the site operates in the US. So nice job twisting the facts to suit your narrative.

> You are 12!
You’re showing yourself to be that mental age.

> YoutubeToMp3 got shut down that means I'm right!
One of the basics of forming a compelling argument is being able to provide sources/evidence to back up your argument, especially in legal cases where precedent has been set.

Making this too easy.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your endeavour!

then why dont you make a website that generates income instead of shit that only appeals to autists

that escalated quickly

>slippery slope

You failed. To the GNUlags you go.

hooktube not stored at git. lovely retarded programmers.

It’s not open sores

I don't listen to cool music either

What now?

Used to make good money running a software business and I will again. But money's not the issue other than the point I was making: that I have no assets they can take

Everything is going down the shitter. At this rate I might abandon the internet and get a life.
>Sup Forums does the same
>deathsquads form overtime and flood the streets in corpses
Come on pajeet, gubbermint, etc. Stop ruining software and the internets please.

Thanks for all you great work man.
I use your site on a daily basis.
Fuck The G !

ayyyy

Does someone know how this site works to not give Youtube any more views ??

Same as youtube-dl. Doesn't use the YT player, just the streams.

Thanks user !

Mind to publish the source code in case you do get vanned?

thanks man. hooktube is great

All the armchair lawyer bullshit aside, I fail to see how the proposed content is >transformative
it's 100% leeched from google, ripping off jewtube "creators" from admoney
>implying that people who know about hooktube would visit youtube without adblock anyway, or logged in with their jewgle account
Besides, users contact googlevideo directly with a cross-side request so it's 100% leeching. And it's different from youtube-dl since it's a public web interface and proposes itself to compete as a drop-in leeching replacement

I'm 100% confident that if such a project reached a minimum level of popularity, jewgle would have smashed it down. No matter all the pretentious "fair use" bullshits. I don't even think that moving from .com to .is or similar bullshits would help if jewgle bothered to shut it down.

^
make a reverse deadmanswitch which releases the sourcecode

whats the point of this?

My bad. I started this thing because I noticed hooktube was discontinued. But it turned out that the owner forgot to do something to the site and now it's back up. No harm done, it's all good.

>My bad
If you hadn't made the thread I wouldn't have received the alert and it probably would have been down half the day. So thanks.

Sage further posts

I swapped out youtube for hooktube in one line of the "YouTube Link Title" and while it worked well I was shortly banned from Hooktube for too many requests. Is there a better way to convert Youtube embeds?

Almost a week ago, correct?

My host made a PHP change that caused a bug where HT viewed a lot of people as coming from a single IP. It's fixed and HT won't ban you unless you're really pounding it.

About 2 days ago but yeah I only tested it a few times so it was strange. I'll give it another shot.

>one of the basics of a compelling argument is....
Wow you took debate for 50 years for this exact moment on Sup Forums can I suck yourere dick pls

Should be good. I watch the mysql tables every day and there are rarely non-bot bans other than that incident. If you ever have any trouble just email me and I'll likely read it and try to figure it out within 10 mins.

Will do. Cheers.

Cool. I just checked the emails I got about it and it did indeed happen 2-3 days ago. Dunno why it felt like a week. A lot of stuff happened at the same time I guess.