Firefox automatically upgraded to quantum

>firefox automatically upgraded to quantum
well it's certainly snappier, I can't deny that, but the UI looks like it was designed by a retarded 5 year old. Is mozilla really run by a bunch of toddlers that have to use hand-holding languages like rust to achieve decent speeds?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/
zee-nix.blogspot.hr/2017/05/rust-memory-management.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well you can customise it a bit, I can at least get part of the "old" version back.

github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/

i disagree
it looks much better

Hand holding? But aren't people complaining that rust is too hard?

Rust is a fairly hard language but because it lets you write programs without explicit memory management it's automatically a brainlet language.
Similarly, C is a god-tier language even though it's much easier and simpler than a brainlet language like Python.

It's all about picking a language that requires you to write the most code possible with the most bugs possible.

Rust doesn't have a GC like interpreted shit, memory management is far from easy, memory safety is another thing entirely.

zee-nix.blogspot.hr/2017/05/rust-memory-management.html

You're managing ownership, not memory.

>the UI looks like it was designed by a retarded 5 year old.
No it doesn't. It looks infinitely better now. Pages look much clearer and cleaner. Go back home grandpa, you're drunk. Times change, things change, embrace the future. The previous UI was hideous. It's time to move on.

every time the user interface of a popular program is changed, hordes of autists come out of the woodwork and declare "I DON'T LIKE THIS"

I have nightly and it is considered higher(alpha) build for firefox, so does my nightly have quantum features/speed ?

Things can be too easy and also too hard.

Ok guys did they fix firefox 57 yet? is there a way to get my custom newtab page back from a local url html/css?

This UI feels like it came from the 2050s. I've been using the internet since 2006 and this is the first time I feel like I'm using a futuristic looking program. Put Chrome to shame

Show me boipucci

It looks disgusting. As soon as it opened up for the first time I vomited and had to switch off my computer

This. Australis was a fucking abomination, and made Stylish a must install. Quantum isn't as comfy as Firefox was in the Version 4 design days, but it's getting there.

Use New Tab Override.

>square tabs
>2017
GUI designers probably work at taco bell.

Btw, memory managment still sucks balls.

don't be such a drama queen

I'd actually take performance over looks. They certainly did it okay.

That still has the limitation of not being able to access local files tho and I don't want a to run a local server just to do that nor do I have a server to host it unless I can do it over google drive or something is that possible?

it's not a trap tho but here's another

Did you also call your mommy and tell her that you felt offended?

I immediately uninstalled after it auto-updated to version 57 because a bunch of my addons and userstyles stopped working. fuck that shit. The only reason I also had firefox installed on my laptop along with google chrome is because I could use firefox for one email address and chrome for the other and firefox doesn't have that annoying pop up at the bottom of your screen whenever you save an image like chrome does. Why the fuck does google thing people want a popup everytime they save an image? It's retarded. If someone knows how to disable that please let me know.

Compact density. Also you might as well jump to Beta. 58 improves on 57 by quite a bit.

Eh?

yep it can load a html file but not the css linked to it plus I had a search bar in it as well so even if I dumped my stylesheet into a style tag my search box would still be cucked

Sup Forumsuys please help me. This UI is causing all sorts of autistic rage. I've set it to dark, yet all the menu items are white. I set it to compact, and it looks like something created for old people so they can see the oversized letters. The waste of space is a nightmare. I want to get off this ride, but rolling back just leaves me with broken shit all over the place.
And these tabs... fucking hell. Gigantic blocks, with space and completely unreadable if I have too many open.
Complete themes again when???

You will literally get used to it and forget what the old UI looked like.
At least it's faster and functionality is pretty much the same.

It sounds like you're describing Australis user.

It doesnt let you do that anymore. jesus fucking christ can you acting like you know anything unless you actually have looked into it? its a 2 second google search to know its not possible anymore to use anything but a static html file with no external objects that arent online

yeah I know I've done that on Opera and it works a-ok but ff is munted dude

How do i edit the ui? DOM inspector addon doesnt work in newest version and there is no list of elements.

to waterfox I go

Probably. I honestly don't care about any of the rest of the stuff, I just want a truly compact, minimalist, and dark grey look. I used FTDeepDark before and it was perfect.
I'm autistic enough to gripe about it on here, but not autistic enough to learn CSS and try fix it myself.

Any way to completely stonewall Firefox updating to 57 beyond the useless "don't update" setting? I don't have a need of Quantum whatsoever, Firefox is already perfect as is to me.

What's to stop you writing your own userchrome CSS file? I think you can even straight up paste most Stylish scripts in there no problem. Speaking of Stylish, I'm pretty sure they're bringing back full theming functionality in a future update.

Then change it user

>copy pasting over 30 themes into one file
Get
The
Fuck
Out

Because I am retarded and have NO idea how to do any of that.
I have no idea how to do something like but that's what I'm aiming for.
Anyway I have no idea what Stylish is, but I'll look into it, thanks.

>I have no idea how to do something like (You) but that's what I'm aiming for.
user, believe me, I have no idea either, I just got Moko´s nocturnal theme and started tweaking things and seeing what changed in ff until I was satisfied, CSS is easy as fuck.

The new interface is pure AIDS. I had been using it on android since 2013, uninstalled it last night. Fuck mozilla.

>omnisidebar best solution for quick management of downloads through browser instead of file explorer
>now must have only a tiny icon to open a context menu with last 3 downloads only
>no persistent download menu besides a shitty popup
>no download menu key shortcut
>must learn CSS to change UI, even font/size/color
>stylish when plz
>eye strain

I know this might be better in a couple months, but ain't nobody got time for that. So it's either learn CSS or find a fork, going with waterfox i think for now.

>now must have only a tiny icon to open a context menu with last 3 downloads only
ffs user right click the icon

>Anyway I have no idea what Stylish is, but I'll look into it, thanks.

Stylish was an addon which created a new library folder where userstyles would be downloaded and kept, and an addon icon which lists the themes currently active on the website you are seeing on the current tab and an option to fetch new ones if there are any.
The themes are files created by users on the userstyles websites for particular websites changing their look.
They could also customize the browser itself if the browser allowed it.

One day, userstyles and Stylish was sold by the original dev to a shitty company which did two things:
1. Added analytics and spying on the Chrome extension.
Only the Firefox addon was unaffected by the new faggotry with version 2.0.7 being the last clean one because Mozilla at the time didn't approve of that shit, though that is now set to change as Mozilla now has a positive outlook towards spying on users and sending analytics to 3rd parties, and also since webextensions mean Chrome diarrhea will now be ported to Firefox.
2. They updated the old userstyles site that worked perfectly into a "new and modern design" which is still broken to this day no thanks to dumber people like this , with advanced search nowhere to be seen and search by latest updated results not working, thumbnails being broken.
Basically, a site and addon whose purpose is to circumvent design overhauls by depending on the flexible and creative userstyle customization done by users, did an overhaul which broke the site and in all irony produced problems that the userbase is more qualified to repair and code than the new site owners (who still haven't fixed shit).

Users are now seeking an alternative addon (Stylus one of the choices), and an alternative website host for the styles (don't have any info on that).

That's the history of Stylish.

that only lets me move the tiny icon around my toolbar, I had a whole sidebar I could change from bookmarks, history, add-ons, and downloads that I could hide with a simple swipe or key shortcut. I can click "show all downloads" at the bottom of the 4 download context menu but it's awful. I can reconfigure it, but some changes are simply impossible now due to lack of APIs

Can I roll back the old version at least?

I want my addons back.

>Running 30 Firefox themes at once
Jesus, no wonder people's machines ran like dogshit before Quantum.

>FireGestures no longer works
This is fucking agony. All the other mouse gesture addons are aids with simple shit missing or broken garbage.

Stylish and userstyles work fine, stop bitching.

1. You'd have to have all sites with the themes turned on for your retarded reply to be valid.
2. Using any performance analytic on the stylish library and addon shows almost no RAM or CPU resource usage whatsoever.
3. Your shit's retarded and you don't understand how Stylish works.

It's one thing to be retarded, it's another thing to be retarded about things anyone can verify in 3 minutes by going to the site and by looking at the version change file comparisons for the spying provided by various parties.
Your should consider killing yourself.

The performance is still absolutely shit. UI is subjective, but they removed the refresh from inside the URL bar. Why? Even customizing it doesn't let you add it again

I get huge memory leak for some reason

Don't talk to me like that.

Why am I now running 4 different instances of Firefox under processes? Is this their retarded way of dealing with memory leakage?

Don't forget about your wife's son.

Yes user, everyone is spying you.

They made an official statement on including analytics and spying, and the company that bought stylish is self-described as an analytics company (SimilarWeb).

You slapped yourself in the face user, and you slapped yourself with cat turd.

lol no one cares about spying

You don't represent everyone, and nobody wants to be represented by you. Sorry to break the bad news user, you are forever alone.

>you don't understand how Stylish works
Holy mother of projection. You do realise that we're not talking about site themes, but themes for the browser itself, right? The thing that's missing from the switch to the new version?

>Complete themes again when???
never

Am I forever alone or being spied user make up you´re mind.

We are talking about everything. Even the browser modification themse have no resource hit whatsoever, like the bunch i had for modifying Deep Dark and adding on it.
Listen, you are retarded user, and instead of trying to act opposite, you should own your retardation and fix it like a responsible person.
Nobody here sees you extracting yourself from your septic pool that you dug yourself unless you fix your mind.

You are forever alone without allies, and you are being spied upon to use your forever alone status against you because nothing about you matters except how to empty that wallet of yours.

But my firefox is both faster and prettier than yours, so who wins in the end?

To chrome or not to chrome?

Your Firefox is an inferior version of Chrome, while my Chromium is the real deal shitting on your Cuckfox 57 24/7.

It disabled most of the add-ons I need. How do I rollback to the previous version? Or should I use Waterfox?

The real deal in ugly slow browsers I see

>I am literally unable to make a new tab
>I can't right click to open a new tab, there's no new tab button on the tab bar, there's not even a new tab button to select in the settings
Someone explain.

>willingly gives browsing data to google
>has less control over his browser
>calls others cucks
lad

We now have the same browser bubba with the same customization, except mine is faster and coded by the original devs who invented the dick what your Cuckfox is now trying to lick like sperm from in the most hilariously incompetent manner.

The search bar was always a meme.

>Chromium
>data to Google
>doesn't know the difference between Chromium and Chrome
There's too much underage on Sup Forums today.
I blame channels like LTT bringing illiterate underage to spam their shit here.

Nah yours is ugly

>with the same customization

>the UI looks like it was designed by a retarded 5 year old

Does anyone remember how angry Sup Forums was when australis came out?
Now it's back to how it used to be and Sup Forums is angry again.

Noscript doesn't work anymore :(

pls be bait

>the assburn of realization that Firecucks and Chromium faggots now use the same usercss resource for customization
GLORIOUS

>try to change what chrome looks like
>can't

>try to change what Chromium looks like
>can, the same way Firecucks have to now
The butthurt, it is sweet.

Last time I checked Chrome still can't apply arbitrary CSS to the UI.

>mfw chromium cucks remember they dont have about:config

Chromium can.
You retarded son?

show us your Cuckmium if you are so great so we can judge it.

Does anyone else have an issue with Sup Forums x now where the index on a board refreshes twice every time?

What can you change, the color of the tabs?

Rolling back leaves you with a broken Firefox profile. You need to have backed up your profile folder before you installed 57

Yes, if anyone know how to fix it please share.
I think it thinks you have 2 4chanX´s for some reason

How can a piece of software be "cuck"?

Arc-theme. You literally drop it into the extra folder and presto you have themed Chromium.
You can google it.

If said piece of software has a romantic relationship and the other part is having sex with a third.

Sorry m8, can't let you have too many tabs, that would be too hard for you. Readable titles? Nah, fuck that, have some toblerone instead.

>quantum breaks all my best add-ons
>install 56.0.2
>change settings to not automatically install updates to firefox
>re-open firefox and quantum installs again
Fffffffffuuuuuuuuck you.

Mine looks incredibly good, but I wont show it either, you will have to belive me :)

The new tab button on the tab bar was easily fixable since I forgot it was in customize, but there is still no new tab option in the context menu so it literally doesn't help me at all. I still don't understand why.
Do people manually click the + button every time they want a new tab? Is this what I've been reduced to? A mere peasant doing everything manually?

I believe that's for demonstration purposes. It shows that the new tabs disappear into the void.