How do you Sup Forumsentoomen determine how code is done good or bad...

How do you Sup Forumsentoomen determine how code is done good or bad? For example I'm researching on some cryptocurriencies and looking at their github pages and I'm not sure if their code is done good or bad

I bet her code is good if you know what I mean.

She doesn't like fat people...

1) Is the code easy to read? Can you understand what a function does based on its name and parameters? Is it easy to understand function contents?

2) Is the code easy to extend? Is it trivial to implement own stuff and plug it into existing code?

3) Is the code performant? Does it scale well if the workload increases?

4) Does the code check for edge cases? Will it return something sensible even in error conditions?

Would I need to know the coding language? I don't really have much time to go learn them as there's many projects done in different languages and learning all of them would take me too long

>Would I need to know the coding language?
It's necessary to truly determine whether or not the code is good or bad.

Her code is only half done

why is it that everytine I see a picture like this I think "wow that's hot" and then as soon as I see those chinky eyes,it feels like a cheapened version, like a mass produced walmart product

the code is good :
if it works,
if its easy to mantain and scale,
efficient.
and if its readeable.

How can you be a critic of something you can't read in the first place?

She's gross but it would be fun to kick her off the edge of a cliff and see how far she flies.

>good/bad code
There's levels of certainty to this. Really you can only know when you've got a new feature to implement or bug to fix and the code base is hindering you significantly (assuming you're a good programmer and not incapable of understanding the code base).
Because the existing code does what it's supposed to. You might consider things like optimization but the way I classify that isn't bad code but rather a bad application on the whole.
There's shortcuts people take in judging code. For instance. I would not willingly touch a code base that's guided by OOP principles. A code base which has no respect for sequential code reading (famously goto and excessive branching and or function calls would be good at killing the ability to read code sequentially).
Other people view things differently.
Now there's of course exceptions to those groups (even if you don't like these types). But for a quick judgment it might be appropriate.

Language choice is also something to consider. It often speaks the developers intent.

Once you're past those things I'd start reading some code. Where to start can be difficult to choose but if there's initialization functions or an initialization step that's a good place. In the case of OOP (personal opinion alert, maybe this classifies better as and RAII problem than OOP even) you can't be sure which constructors are all that relevant. You need to read all of them. For someone new that seems a trivial task but it's not.
Once you've read some of the initialization you can either intuitively find something you consider odd and look into that or continue with the entry point execution.

If the execution starts getting overwhelming (maybe it's a very big project) it's worth considering if you should jump around in code to pieces where you think the programmer will show her ability to manage the complexity of the task well in some sense. Difficult to give general guidance on that.

For certain paradigms there's special strategy.

Thats what feminists do

>her

Chinks look the same way at women from other races.
It's just that you can't tell their faces apart, that's why.

>her
>She

there is no penis i checked

>would I need to know the language
Depends. You need to know the family of the language well usually.

Of course there's exceptions where you don't understand the code at all (declarative programming often confused imperative programmers, certain languages conflict on syntactic meaning strongly). But those situations should be plainly obvious usually.

You need a lot of knowledge to read others code. It's harder than writing your own. And to review it is even harder.
Can you stop pretending every woman you see is a man? Just accept that you're straight.

Or maybe it's the inverse.

>those tight milkers
>not a 'her'

It's really a testament to how much time I spend on Sup Forums that I truly wonder if that is a girl or guy.

if you don't program then you can't judge if it's good or not

Did I write the code? Then it's good. Else, it's shit.

Because you are racist

>there is no penis
dropped