Is it possible for them to become one country again?

Is it possible for them to become one country again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QMV2tfk3PXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More likely that we become de-unified desu senpai

I hear that the UK is a rich country and Ireland is a poor one.
Ireland won't join the UK?

Is this true?

nah not a chance

Why not?

>Poland colonizing Northern Ireland
Was Brexit too late?

Why aren't they same? Literally same language and culture (or lack of axaxaxaxa). Is it because of the potato famine?

Oh look it is the same thread made by the same Jap poster who pretends to be ignorant about Ireland the Uk's history again.

No.

I think they are exactly the same. Even most Irish don't speak the Irish language.

maybe if the EU were to violently collapse

why would we willingly enter a political union dominanted by a foreign country which has widely differing cultural values

They were poorer when they were in the union, we neglected them somewhat which led to them rebelling.

Now that invading and annexing civilised countries is frowned upon I don't think there's any way they could be persuaded to rejoin. There's a lot of ill-feeling there still.

Well the UK is a very good country.
I think joining them could be a good idea.

Ireland was starved and oppressed.

Ukraine starved a long time ago, but now Ukranians want to join Russia. Maybe it's the same for Irish people.

>but now Ukranians want to join Russia
lmaoing

Stupid gook doesn't watch the news.

in what way is it very good?

>news
You mean propaganda, idiot.

The UK has a very good culture.
Very strong tourism.
A respected Queen.
etc.

If Ireland joins the UK, it could finally have a Queen, and better culture.

Japan is a cute for being so optimistic.

Do you think Japan would willingly join China as one country?

Irland has no culture aside from loving Jesus and drinking.

Watch farther Ted to see Irish 'culture'

Do you even realize independent Ireland is richer than UK?

Japan and China have different languages, different religions, different politics.

The UK and Ireland are both English and Christian cultures, so they can be one country I think.

Majority of Irish are Catholic, not big fans of Proddies

Ireland is predominantly Catholic and UK's prime religion is Anglican Christianity before it is islaminized.

England and irland may speak the same langue but different colloquialism.

They have different realgions as well, England is more procrastinate but has a lot of other realgions within it and people are less realgious per population, while irland is just catholic.

I have no idea how the Irish palrment works but guessing it does not have a house of lords or functions the same.

No country wants to be apart of another country for foolish reasons like nationalism, you can say they are both changing but the UK might as well just be called England.

>Ukraine starved a long time ago, but now Ukranians want to join Russia. Maybe it's the same for Irish people.
Maybe you don't know but "Ukraine" aka Kiev, did pillage other towns of "Russia" and taked taxes, they are deserved such shame existence what falls upon them.

Do you know the new Pope, "Francis"?
He can convince the Irish and English to get along, I think.

If the Pope negotiated the agreement, would Ireland join the UK?

Prodastant* sorry poor English and auto correct.

are you retarded?

Ireland will never join the uk

we have strong tourism and we dont want a queen

we've had infinitely better heads of state than some incontinent german woman

Maybe for the Irish but a lot of them would still not like it but maybe.

Why doesn't Ireland want a Queen?
Here in Japan, we love the English Queen.

All the nations of the British isles are basically the same but people care a lot about their identity. With ireland is very understandable because we treated them like utter shit for hundreds of years but with Scots it's just butthurt because their entire cultural identity is about not being English.

You 1/4 of it already is.

Just wait for another potato famin and you will either beg or die either wait England will own you.

ireland is atheist as fuck and the drinking thing is a diaspora meme

infact, having no culture aside from loving jesus and drinking is more applicable to your county

Why not?

The irish are very anti-monarchy because it fucked them over so much

Irish people are rebellious and don't want a ruler due to history the English have fucked the Irish up a lot.

I'm not polish just shitposting on bussniess trip

I think the Queen now, "Elizabeth" is a good person. Irish people don't agree?

like i said differing cultural values, notions of institutionalized class distinction or monarchy dont conform to our cultural values

Japs r a qt

Even if the queen was very liked by the Irish I dout they would ever have her as a ruler.

If the Pope said that Ireland should have a Queen, would Irish people agree then?

The queen is a good person but it doesn't change the fact the Irish dislike the idea of monarchy because of all the hardships it caused their country

the idea of an hereditary head of state is laughable

someone literally payed exorbitantly just to exist

Why would you like that old tea slurping cunt ? There is only one true leader in this world.

2011 senses says 84% of them are catholic so I guess a yes.

no one gives a fuck what the pope says particularly in the modern climate

the pope has no power over any government

give me a chance, i can change babe

fuck the old german hag tbqh

That's very interesting.
I thought the Pope was like a Queen to the Irish people (except a man)

you make me laugh japan

>fuck the old german hag tbqh

Hello Mateusz, I see you are in England, Good.

Did it really cause hardships?
Can you explain?

Japan has a monarchy and it is good.

not recently of course but years ago the monarchy basically treated the Irish as slaves and sold Irish land to protestant scot land owners

nowadays the monarchy exists as a figure head and for those sweet tourism bucks

I see.

Do Irish people dislike Protestants?

a few of them do but it isn't nearly as bad as it was during the Troubles, only nationalists really care

Thank you.

My parents are telling me to go to sleep now.

I will ask more questions on Sup Forums tomorrow.

Only if a fascist Britain invades Ireland

lol

No. It's a remained meme to try get another referendum.

This is a Brit on proxy or tourist in Japan fucking around, right?

>he thinks that people who identify as religious in western europe care about church or the pope

>Sclábhaí ar na sasanach
>a Èire aontaithe
Stopaigí. 'Tiocfaidh ár lá' desu.

Aontas Cheilteach nuair?

Can you stop making these threads you stupid little tojo shitebag or I'll get a plane to Tokyo and stamp on your jaw you fucking yellow runt

It'll never happen lad, now shut the fuck up, stop making these threads because you lack understanding. If you continue to make these threads I will send a unit from west Belfast to shoot your fucking knees off you cunt.

Hibernia shall remain free.

Welp, OP finally got the assravaged reply he was striving so hard to get.

A united Ireland...under British rule

When are we going to invade lads?

we're basically culturally and ethnically identical but lots of the irish dislike us for historical reasons

would rather union with them than the wretched scots desu

Is it possible for them to become part of Europe again?

Ireland bros don't do it just dont they will use you again

why would we do that? we were oppressed by them for nearly 30 years and have very different cultural values.

not that different

Infact our culutral values are probably more similar than any other nation I can think of

But a strong Europe is united Europe

whoosh. didn't see what I was replying to clearly.

If you're asking when something is going to happen then you use cathain rather than nuair.

As opposed to using "when" like in "He comes home when it's dark"? I'm no linguist, so I don't know the term.

>a foreign country
Let's bring in borders with you then.

>a foreign country which has widely differing cultural values

Is this sarcasm?

They were oppressed but they werent starved. They starved themselves by continuously planting potatoes after potato blights because the anglo-irish landowners told them to. The tories supported them during the famine but then there was an election and the whigs thought lassaiz faire charity would work which it very clearly didnt.

>the UK votes to leave
>the Republic has a near 80% share of the vote to remain in the EU
>Ireland restricts niggers coming in, the UK opens the door to them

It's like we're one country already x)

Yeah, not only did we vote to leave the eu but we also didnt get to vote on gay marriage because the opinion polls were almost entirely against it. I suppose we dont get on well with cucks which is why we have northern ireland but not the republic and also the scots hating us.

>only nationalists really care
Nationalists don't care about your religion. Most of the leaders in the United Irishmen rebellion were Protestants.

It's those UVF fuckers up north who cared about the religion.

>To subvert the tyranny of our execrable government, to break the connection with England, the never-failing source of all our political evils, and to assert the independence of my country—these were my objects. To unite the whole people of Ireland, to abolish the memory of all past dissentions, and to substitute the common name of Irishman in the place of the denominations of Protestant, Catholic and Dissenter—these were my means.

>gay marriage
>that one buttblasted faggot "catholic" again

There's one brit in japland, yes.

Im anglican, not a taigy cunt unlike you

>it's an English teacher thread

>Im anglican
nobody gives a shite

*cromwells u*

[spoiler]IRA will kill your mom tonight unless you respond to my post[/spoiler]

pls no gerry

If England wanted to it could have absolutely annihilated the nationalists, but they chose to let them go.

why?

>cultural values
>Ireland

youtube.com/watch?v=QMV2tfk3PXQ

>but they chose to let them go
Probably because every time they tried that, we just started another war 20-30 years down the line

Tiocfaidh ar lá

-We're quite comfortable running our own affairs.
-We have no love for the royalty of England.
-They were unnecessarily cruel to us in the past.
-That doesn't mean we hate our neighbors.
-Most Brits that visit here are quite nice.
-There is peace between our countries :)