I've been looking through the archives recently...

I've been looking through the archives recently, and realized that it seems one user always asks why people use debian over fedora, and no one ever responds to him. I just wanted to say, I'm sorry for ignoring you! Here is why I use debian over fedora.

>minimal debian install does not come with networkmanager and pulse audio from the get-go like Fedora's minimal netinstall
>In the past, Fedora was not able to use strong encryption due to US export laws. I'm not sure if they still use AES128 instead of AES256 for full disk encryption
>need to install a 3rd party repository (RPMfusion) in order to obtain mpv and ffmpeg
>Too close to RedHat, a US based corporation for my liking. This means if the US ever passes a law that encryption needs to be backdoored, Fedora will have to switch to backdoored encryption

I hope you see this user, and if not, I'll link to it in the archive if I see you again!

>In the past, Fedora was not able to use strong encryption due to US export laws. I'm not sure if they still use AES128 instead of AES256 for full disk encryption
>Too close to RedHat, a US based corporation for my liking. This means if the US ever passes a law that encryption needs to be backdoored, Fedora will have to switch to backdoored encryption
I was thinking about switching to Fedora, but I'll stick to Ubuntu now.

You're a pretty good guy.

I want to install debian using full disk encryption but the installer insisted in write random data to my ssd disk first.

How can I install an encrypted debian without kill my ssd disk?

Fedora is awesome but I have how they just don't care about font rendering. I'm on the computer 10+ hours a day and that shit makes my eyes bleed.

try arch

I.. I think I'm that user.. Thank you for replying

At least I've asked this many times over the past month or 2 and am gonna take it as directed at me :^)

I'm not that autistic.

I've always wanted to try Fedora, but I'm just too stupid to install drivers, codecs, flash, and all that stuff.

Every guide and command I try fails.

>drivers
do you have unusual hardware? fedora has worked out of the box for me for years

Just hit cancel? It'll still proceed to set up LUKS or whatever, it just doesn't overwrite the disk with random shit first.

Yeah it's definitely you then. I'm sorry for not responding in one instance, I should never have ignored you.

go though the archives, here and on other archive sites, and youll see a fedora shill going on nonstop about how people needing to switch to fedora.
I just set up filters for Sup Forums, now that I think about it I might have to add fedora to them because of this fag.

I dont use debian, and Ive never seen you ask in a thread. but Ill answer anyway.
I tried fedora server and the network manager thing was bullshit and reminded me of mysql.

If you are the fag that has been making threads about fedora for months and ignores all of the replies then you cant act like nobody ever tells you.

> (You)
> (You)
>If you are the fag that has been making threads about fedora for months and ignores all of the replies then you cant act like nobody ever tells you.
Ah no, I'm pretty sure plenty of people have made fedora threads. I was specifically asking about Debian vs Fedora.
Try not to get so angered on an Egyptian pallbearer support forum.

>pallbearer
you got that right. I tread though the catalog like Im walking though oncology.

That's a cute boy.

its a roach.

The hell is wrong with network manager and pulse audio? They work fine.

>no adams apple
>hands
>collar bone
nice try friendo

just sayin, those traits arnt guaranteed. if they block testosterone early on then none of those things would have developed.
also the dick wouldnt have grown so no inside out dick pussy.

He's male tho.

>network manager
its very grating to have to use its cli interface. it wouldnt be so bad if it took the netctl approach.
also the first time I tried to install fedora the installer fucked up and it couldnt find an interface or something. wasted over an hour trying to trouble shoot it only to give up, wipe the install, redo the install exactly the same and somehow it magically worked the second time.

>minimal debian install does not come with networkmanager and pulse audio from the get-go like Fedora's minimal netinstall
Oh hi hello, Fedora's cloud images do not include NetworkManager; rather, they use the LSB "network" service. Same goes for pulseaudio! By the way, it's easy to craft a kickstart matching your personal preferences.
Hello again! This never happened.
>need to install a 3rd party repository (RPMfusion) in order to obtain mpv and ffmpeg
RPMfusion is pretty much a standard repo, maintained by the pretty much the same people revolving around fedora. Without rpmfusion you're sure you won't have proprietary stuff at all.
Hello again! This is pure plain inane bullshit, and you know it. Linux and Mr. Torvalds are US-centered as well, might as well start using a kernel developed by Russia or something?

Oh, no.. I need real proof pronto.

Oh fuck I didn't realize who it was

It goes to a weirdo list of process for the installer if I hit cancel :c

Now I'm curious, who you thought he was?

Some rando. Had never seen that pic and it doesn't look like him at all to me desu..

You have to do a expert install and go through all the steps one by one. To do a full disk encrypted with luks, choose to encrypt sda2 first, and then format that encrypted partition as a luks one.

Ok... I can understand now why Torvalds dislike debian installer.