How the hell do you come up with a great startup idea? I have a few...

How the hell do you come up with a great startup idea? I have a few, but they always seem to have been done (poorly at least) before.

Other urls found in this thread:

cmu-15-316.github.io/schedule/
medium.com/@homakov
shemalestardb.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if anyone knew how they sure wouldn't reveal in a cantonese cave-painting forum, would they?

law of supply and demand

A message board where people can talk about their hobbies anonymously would be cool... hey wait a second

you don't need a great idea, you just need great execution

But I need an Idea to execute!

Look at that cute boy.

I figured it was a boy.

is that a succubus (male)?

No it's an incubus

Wrong, you need the opposite. A great idea can be sold and marketed correctly even if you have no product at all. Understanding gaps in the market and having the right connections get a startup off the ground, not a tangible end result.

source: I work at a startup

How do I get to that point? I am full of energy and want to succeed.

You network. You network with people that network, having an active C-Level and connections in the right places give you the edge, investors care about the vision of the product not the state of some demo.

Lie through your teeth until you raise enough funds to actually build the product/service. Of course you'll need things like a business plan that makes sense and a financial director capable of understanding good/shit deals.

Take that energy and network with it.

What is the best way to network, in your experience?
I go to networking events and things in my city and it's all a bunch of uni students.

There's a reason why most of the big tech companies you see today were started by people that were already rich to begin with.
It's because you need money and connections to be successful

technically is succubus

picturesofmoot.com, just lots of pictures of celebrity bodies with moot's face shopped onto them. bonus points if you can change moot's face to someone else's and do it with machine learning/automation. GO GO GO

I don't want to give up, I will keep trying.

Well as I said I worked for a startup I didn't network to sell it, C-level constantly went to London to sell the product, so I guess network in places where business is concentrated. The thing about CEOs is they're ridiculously connected, they always know some guy who knows some guy who worked with another person 10 years ago who just happens to be perfect for what they're looking for.

Well I guess I just have to lay the groundwork now. Thanks mate.

Hopefully one day I can make it.

If your idea is good enough you can always crowdfund, it works for some.

You claim the previous posted is wrong then go on to confirm it. It's not about the idea, it's about your network and ability to sell the idea to investors.

Really novel ideas do no sell, because they require the consumer to learn something new. Adults don't like to learn new things - they need something tangible which is a small enhancement to something they already know. Investors basically act as an initial sample set of the possible consumer base - if the investor can understand an idea then the retail consumer should too.

To find the niche where your idea is a big enough improvement over what's on the market but not that novel where they'll have a steep learning curve, you basically need to lower the bar on what you think is a "great idea". As an expert in a certain field, what you consider a "great idea" is one that you've compared to the ideas of your peers in the field. This is probably too advanced for the non-experts. On the other hand, if you can find something which is actually fairly mediocre in your field, but still an improvement on what's in the market, that's your "market gap". An investor who isn't an expert in your field will probably see this as a "great idea".

Yeah it doesn't have to be the next google, just something to get me some experience running and starting a company, making MVPs, pitching, etc.

It's easier to sell the idea if it's good though.

Find a trend.
Monetize it.

For example Sup Forums has a thing with traps like the one in your picture so the smartest thing would be someone make a tinder for traps only.

My point was that "Good" depends on view point. To your peers your idea might look like shit, but your peers are comparing it to cutting-edge research in a field they've been working for a decade which normal people have no experience of. Their expectation of "Great" is also far too high for something that could sell to a large audience.

Damn I want this now, I could fap to all the user data too.

doesn't have to be a great idea, a mediocre idea will do!

Don't worry I'm already working on the logo.

The more that I think about it the more this seems like a fun idea.

In practice it'll end up with a lot of shit tier crossdressers fucking it all up, spend a couple of minutes on Sup Forums and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I might actually make it and market it on Sup Forums as a personal project. Might be a bit of fun and make some "friends"

This feels like a pretty fun idea actually.

The idea doesn't matter. I guarantee most of the startups over in the west coast know they're not going to be making money for at least a decade but they're still getting investors because they know the right people and they know how to sell the idea as if it's something original.

If you want a great idea make a good product. I recommend toys for autists, it almost always works. Perhaps it's time for a mainstream yoyo revival, it was kinda hot in the east coast in the mid 2000s and many times before then.

Damn, I just need to get someone to throw money at my shitty idea.

You mean succubus (male)

Also wrong.
Both approaches work.
Selling fried air works, makes you earn a lot in the short term, until too many people realize there's no substance behind the smoke.
Selling good products works because it satisfies a need, even with bad PR if a company needs something and you have the tool that does it, you sell.

I want to boost my reputation, so I guess I need something good.

That would be an incubus, dumbass.

I believe you mean Incubus (female)

Everything is already done poorly.

Just reinvent what they have already tried to do. I made a bunch of money when I first learned to program by cloning wordpress plugins but making them decent instead of piles of shit, and charging only 1/4 what the plugin I cloned was charging.

90% of software is pure junk, just learn how to not make junk and you can reinvent literally everything and undercut the junk peddlers cmu-15-316.github.io/schedule/

Thank you, this has given me hope.

Read @Homakov's blog posts, even the blockchain needs to be reinvented medium.com/@homakov

i'll do the logo

But that's the best part!

As they say in the gayass liberal arts societies.

>A good artist borrows

>A great artist steals

Steal what you think are good concepts of those projects that you looked at, and them implement it into your own

become a dumb normalfag and find some meme shit to sell to other plebs while I stay in my room watching cartoons

>What is the best way to network, in your experience?

you invite people to a conference then lock the doors.

hunter s thompson also handed out a bunch of those heavy steel rods that truckers use to check their tyres with, but it turned out they weren't needed.

>the smartest thing would be someone make a tinder for traps only.

shemalestardb.com/