We all know that this is the reality of things

install gentooo XDDD

Ubuntu is unironically the better distro but Archfags are like vegans so they have to tell everyone about their lifestyle and how much better they are than everyone else.

Also please do a pacman -Syu so you stop posting for the rest of the night while trying to fix your network adapter.

And xserv, dont forget to repair xserv

>pointless major system updates
>one million ppas
>better

Finally, a nigga in the know!

>Ubuntu is unironically the better distro
Explain to me how it is better to have less packages readily available to you.

>like vegans so they have to tell everyone about their lifestyle and how much better they are than everyone else
Someone who goes out of their way to minimize the amount of suffering caused by their actions is better than someone who does not.

so Sup Forums
what lenoox is actually good

You fucked up a perfectly good memory, that doesn't even make sense.
You should feel ashamed.

>Explain to me how it is better to have less packages readily available to you.
Nice strawman faggot. That has nothing to do with why Ubuntu is vastly superior to your distro.
>Someone who goes out of their way to minimize the amount of suffering caused by their actions is better than someone who does not.
Another shitty strawman. You couldn't judge that from that action alone. I would type a lengthy reply savagely destroying you, but to be fair, in the OP all you Archfags did was swap the distros in an already existing meem. If that's the best you can do to support your position, you know that it's worthless, and I'd be preaching to the choir if I went on a post about how Arch is not a mature distro. The bottom line of it all is that only three GNU/Linux distros are real OSes: Debian, Fedora, and Ubuntu; in that order. Everything else is a meme and you should feel bad for falling for it.

>That has nothing to do with why Ubuntu is vastly superior to your distro.
No, it has to do with why Ubuntu is vastly inferior to Arch

>Another shitty strawman
Vegans go out of their way to minimize suffering. Non-vegans do not. This isn't even an argument. It's just a fact. Deal with it.

>being this pitifully desperate for an argument that validates your shitty meem
Whatever you say bitch. Have a pity (You) and feel like you're a winner for successfully pretending to be retarded enough to get other people's attention.

>I have no actual argument so let me just spew bullshit instead

Listen, I'm a developer. Arch has more packages, it lets me compile with custom flags. That's what I need. If you need something else, if you're a developer that needs something else, don't be short sighted.

Where did this "compiling everything" meme come from with Arch? Afaik, its package management system is just a regular binary-based one, similar to what you would find on Debian or Fedora.
I think some of you are confusing it with Sup Forumsentoo or slackware or something.

and here we see the "needs" argument, I love this one. Developer for what?

"needs" is basically loser speak for "I don't have anything left to say". Referencing something you won't ever explain.

>I have certain needs
>What are those needs
>They are needs that exist

Next up: "hobby", after arch shits have been insisting it's a professional distro

It's specifically referring to the AUR which is essentially a collection of shell scripts to download, compile, and package applications.

I use fedora and I don't feel like I'm missing anything when developing software.

Can you sell me arch instead of fedora?

>1 fucking megabyte for picture that looks like super compressed 20kb
Why not go all out and make this picture 3mb? Just imagine how many replies would you get by doing this.

Haven't seen this one, only thing I'd change is the arch shit, make him smaller and appear to be a kid. But I died reading the "my alternate personality" thing, expand on that and transparently draw some emo deviantart tier avatar speaking. It's a good idea because you're not directly using the word snowflake but you force the reader to come to that conclusion. It would be even funnier if you had him have tons of different personalities all speaking at once, so much so that the entire thing is unreadable. Another thing you could do is have a ton of paintings on the wall and they're all of the arch fag because he's so furiously self absorbed. Anyway I hereby rate this a 10/10 would read again.

Yes I know about the AUR. I have used Arch in the past. However, the majority of your packages are installed with pacman.

>Next up: "hobby", after arch shits have been insisting it's a professional distro
Not him, but when I worked at Comcast I used Arch Linux on my work issued Macbook. It was trivial to install everything I needed from the AUR when they weren't located in the official repos (ie. linux-macbook kernel, oracle jdk, intellij IDEA ultimate edition, charles web debugger, etc...).

>Yes I know about the AUR. I have used Arch in the past. However, the majority of your packages are installed with pacman.
AUR packages are also installed with pacman. However, the OP was specifically referring to the AUR which is why he mentioned compiling. Are you dense?

Whichever one you hate the most, obviously.

>AUR packages are also installed with pacman
Fake news. You have to either manually makepkg them, or install an AUR helper program.

>However, the OP was specifically referring to the AUR which is why he mentioned compiling.
I was referring mostly to the Arch kid memes. I think they're hilarious, but I don't get the "I compile everything" part

>Are you dense?
Most likely.

>Fake news. You have to either manually makepkg them, or install an AUR helper program.
After you run makepkg -s it creates a .tar.xz which gets installed with pacman -U.

ubuntu, debian, fedora, red hat, anything based off anything like that. "muh control" isn't noticeable unless you are on pre-c2d hardware. Placebo effect of pissing away weeks into it doesn't count.

Notice how every business uses a mainstream distro, no big VPS host even offers autism distros, and how distro maintainers - yes even autism distro maintainers, all use mainstream distros. There's nothing to "learn", there's no advantage, since the point of the os is to do all this for you and transparently or as best as possible run apps for you. That usually means webservers and databases. Literally nobody but tryhard welfare shits cares about any of this stuff, the problem is they bilk hundreds of newbies per day into thinking linux is shit.

What's the original picture?

I am a web backend developer for my job and I work on plugins in my spare time.
I have times when I need the developer version of a program to fix a bug for something that I need finished yesterday.
Hell, I've even had official packages on Arch that I use daily that most everyone else at my company has to manage manually, especially those on Ubuntu.
But this all means nothing, this is anonymous. You'll probably even say I'm lying even though you said I'd never say what my needs were (although I'm embarassed by my position, I wanted to be an OS developer, and I never would have needed a bleeding-edge distro).
It's the mix of the high amount of precompiled packages, the decent number of compiled packages, and the test packages protecting you from experimental changes that make it so valuable to my work, and I'm sure many other people's work and preferences.

>Arch has more packages, it lets me compile with custom flags.
If it has packages, then you don't need to compile. If you are compiling everything, then it doesn't mean that it has more packages. Also, you can compile with "custom" flags everywhere retard; you can literally do it on Windows.

If you've never had a situation where you need the most bleeding edge version of the package, I can't sell it to you and I have no reason to. But if you do run into that, and you end up pasting a hack onto your system that feels wrong, Arch may be appropriate for your work.

Let me elaborate. It often has precompiled packages for convenience, but for those times I do need custom flags, they are available.
I would not compare Arch to Windows, I haven't used it for years. However, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't include packages with dependency resolution. I'm sure most developers do something with dlls to deal with this though.

>I'm sure most developers do something with dlls to deal with this though.
Yeah, if you are lucky the developers of the applications you use are smart enough to include the shared libraries with their shipped binaries. However, this tends to lead to a lot of redundant .dll files laying around on your filesystem.

>However, this tends to lead to a lot of redundant .dll files laying around on your filesystem.
Honestly I don't have a problem with this. I was hoping GoboLinux would gain more traction so I could have multiple different versions of programs and libraries with different dependency trees.

I have been dual booting the same installs of Arch (Manjaro) and Ubuntu (Backbox) for years, no issues with either. Manjaro is my daily driver and Backbox is what I use when I need to crack into someones wifi or play with MITM etc. Idk what the fuck you alls problemo is. It all fucking works. I'm using Manjaro with unstable (arch stable) repos btw.

I could be wrong, but I think NixOS might be something you would like. I can understand wanting to have multiple versions of a library installed. However, on Windows it is common to have multiple instances of the same version of a library installed because they tend to just sit in the same directory as the application you are running instead of being installed somewhere in the PATH. I don't understand why they don't just statically link if they are going to do that...

>it doesn't include packages with dependency resolution
Daily reminder that Arch's package manager doesn't even resolve recursive package dependencies beyond a certain depth; a thing that all other package managers do.
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Give me a real-world example to show how this negatively impacts the user.

>attempt to go to job interview
>need office suite
>fails
>"oh I know what went wrong"
>Wake up 25 years later, business isn't there, everyone I know is dead
arch killed my family

So no real world examples that demonstrate the supposed deficiency in pacman?

ok, I will stop joking. this concept of a snowflake package manager gets old really quick when you are trying to accomplish any actual goal, like building some sort of web app. You are supposed to be spending your time programming, not picking up after a virtual child unable to do what every other package manager could in 2003.

>not picking up after a virtual child unable to do what every other package manager could in 2003
Give me a real world example so I can see how this actually affects a real user. Give me a command I can execute to see this deficiency in action. Oh, you can't? Fuck off retard.

it was fun see you next thread, maybe you'll get off the welfare and be responsible for your income one day

Got it. So basically what I am getting out of this is that the deficiency you mentioned doesn't actually have any real world impact on an end user.

>Debian, Fedora, and Ubuntu
>Debian and Ubuntu
>Debian and Debian

What did she mean by that?

30% of AUR is unmaintained meme shit nobody has heard of or will ever use. Numbers don't mean shit.

Show us on the doll where the pacman touched you

Why not just use mint?

arch is the best.
heres a picture of my riced desktop with the best of the girls

n00buntu fags cant rice like this

fuck off with your arch propaganda bullshit

arch doesnt just werk, ubuntu just werks

what just werks is better

haha urmom jus twerks

Neither. They all suck. But at least with Ubuntu based distros you've got good third party support.

More DEs than distros

>install fancy shit
>graphics are broke
>install minimul shit
>nothing to fix

Rei is cold garbage. Asuka forever.

>programming emacs to edit text in vim in emacs

Here let me break your Arch install OP:
$ pacman -Syu

>Rei is cold garbage. Asuka forever.
kill yourself

Explain why arch is better for the average/g/entoomen, does package count matter when all you use your machine for is shitposting and anime?

looks fine to me sempai

stale meme.
switched to arch like 2014 and didn't break
>caring about breakage
>not making image backups of / and /boot partition

You first man.

this is a rei thread asshole.

It's a shit thread? I agree.

ignore these threads

>no comeback

rei fangirls eternally btfo yet again

why do they even try lmao