The war on flash has gone too far

>be me
>love /f/
>over 500 files downloaded locally
>chrome updates and makes it impossible to play .swf videos for the second time
>Impossible to fix this time
>try mozilla
>swf files opening in an endless loop
>try edge and play then but doesn't have save page feature for REASONS????
>now here I am using ie 11 to play .swf files
I need a good browser to play swf. jewgle fucking me out of watching my flash videos is the LAST FUCKING STRAW. I just want my fucking computer to do what I want it to do instead of it making me do what it wants me to fucking too.

Other urls found in this thread:

adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
thenextweb.com/dd/2016/08/09/google-chrome-flash/
wired.com/story/adobe-finally-kills-flash-dead/
venturebeat.com/2017/07/25/adobe-taps-apple-google-facebook-microsoft-and-mozilla-to-kill-flash-by-2020/
cnbc.com/2017/07/25/adobe-is-killing-flash.html
unruly.co/blog/article/2017/06/28/google-killing-flash-need-to-know/
money.cnn.com/2017/07/25/technology/adobe-killing-flash/index.html
theverge.com/2017/7/25/16026236/adobe-flash-end-of-support-2020
informationweek.com/software/enterprise-applications/google-killing-off-flash-based-ads-by-june/d/d-id/1324259?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop living in the past

I play my old sfw folder on hpc-hc nowadays. Barely play them anymore

Use Puffin Browser

install gentoo

Just use Firefox ESR, I still use it for some government web pages and I've never had any problems with that version of Firefox.

Use the standalone Flash Player Projector.

adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

nigger kek shadilay Sup Forums 2017 memes dank memes Sup Forums character divisin nazis alt right kike jew destiny

shitty ass gantoo can't run swf without some hacky work around, just like all of linux. just as jew as windows and microsoft by not letting me do what I fucking want to do with my own machine.

works for me

No, swf was the coolest thing when I was a teenager and I will never stop loving it

just wait until chrome takes it upon themselves to help you and disable it and hide where ever fucked up place they let you enabled it. I can't remember how I fixed it last time but it was hacky and very time consuming.

Running flash is security risk at this point.

You can grow up and stop living in childhood nostalgia land anytime you manbaby. The world won't wait for you.

ITT: neoluddites

stop using shitty proprietary technology

Its insecure abandonware, come join the rest of us here in the present.

fuck yourself you shilling nigger quisling kike studge. What my computer runs is my decision. It's no different than win10 not letting you run unsigned applications and you have to do this stupid shit where you zip it yourself and unzip it to work around it. kikes trying to kike me into doing their bidding. It's my machine I will do what I fucking please

If you're not using the standalone player to play .swf's, you're an idiot.

You okay user?

I'm not going to download every flash I was on /f/ to my download folder, watch them individually, and then delete them when I am done. that's fucking stupid. I am a working man who doesn't have time for this bullshit

>install pepperflash-plugin for firefox or chromium or as a global plugin that's linked properly
>can play flash on whatever you want now
Good work today.

Just because Pokémon Blue is both obsolete and a dumpster fire of a program doesn't mean I shouldn't play it anymore. It's still fun to me and that's all that matters.

Same goes for Flash. I'm not asking for people to continue using it for new media, but older stuff shouldn't be lost to the ages (without owning a separate PC on an old OS or using a VM) just because some corporate executive somewhere has a hard-on for killing it off.

thank you user, glad to see someone else here knows the joys that was the age of flash

>i'm a fan of some out-dated fringe propriety technology
>but i'm not that much of a fan
As I suspected, people who actually like flash are brain-dead.

>fringe
I think you either don't know what that word means, or what flash is.

Nobody is forbidding you to play flash, just download the viewer or use an old browser version, just like people use old technology or emulators for old games. You can't expect new tech to support every old, deprecated shit.

>Comparing a video game to an obsolete rootkit installer
You can't play pokemon blue on modern hardware without an emulator either

It's not new technology though, they're trying to take away the functionality from hardware and software that was already capable of it.

I love /f/ too. I still go there. Works fine in FF57 for me. Try installing the plugin manually from Adobe's site. That's fixed things for me in the past.

People on /f/ always say that HTML5 can never compare to flash, but that's simply not true. There's been a lot of progress in getting animation timing better, and I think browsers have everything they need to make a "flash replacement". By scripting SVGs, MSE, and XHR, you can do basically everything that flash ever did. Unfortunately no one wants to make some sort of standard for HTML5 animations when you can just as easily distribute video, which works everywhere now.

Also, RIP shumway

jewgle supports it you fucktard, they are strong arming me into not being able to use it.

This. Fourth link under the Windows section.

>videos
>flash
Pick one

>fringe: not part of the mainstream; unconventional, peripheral, or extreme.
Exactly what flash is. It's deprecated.
No, they are simply dropping the maintenance for the technology, which also means that any sane browser should refuse running some insecure, unmaintained code.
What the fuck are you even talking about?

They aren't forcing you to do anything, your choosing to use the most up to date version of their shitty browser and they are choosing to phase out support for obsolete trash.

the problem is html 5 will never draw the attention of animators and content creators unless they have tools to make animations with it without writing code. The only people I see making animations with it are google themselves. There will never be a newgrounds equivalent of html 5. Me as a programmer find it much easier to use html 5 but clearly the animation community doesn't feel that way. Also html5 and javascript allow anyone to see the source and allow them to edit and redistribute their works.

/f/ is full of fucking retards. Goddamnit. I can not explain how unbearably stupid you dimwits are that you can't even fucking help yourselves.

>They aren't forcing you to do anything
illiterate nigger, I clearly stated they changed my setting twice now against my against my will

Forgot to mention I'm literally using it right now to play a Crimson game.

you're too young to understand the content

Newgrounds content was nice, but the "animation community" was fucking awful. Good riddance.

What else did newground have other than flash animations?

It's not about the content, it's the fact that you idiotic people don't understand technology nor give a fuck about it.

Yep, I agree mostly. The convenience of Flash was incredible for animators. If someone could make that software and create a standard format for distributing the content, it *could* work. Even so, I fear most animators would choose to render to videos since those are supported universally. Hard to beat hardware accelerated when it comes to mobile.

>Also html5 and javascript allow anyone to see the source and allow them to edit and redistribute their works.
Believe it not Flash wasn't much better. It's super easy to decompile SWFs. Javascript obfuscation would basically accomplish the same thing.

kid, I write software for a living for greyhound don't kid yourself.

I am aware you could decompile flash but decompling anything is typically dodgy but I don't know from experience with flash. mostly decompiling cobol and java. Most animators put their content straight to video, but then it's confined by youtubes rules for most of them trying to make a living at it. Flash of the past had no rules, you could make cant content you want because the point wasn't advertisement. I guess that ship has sailed though. Jewgoogle has killed it all

>is a programmer
>defends shitty software
oh boy

Every. Single. Day. There's a thread lamenting the end of Flash as we know it. I hate those stupid luddites with a burning passion, that they're so intolerably dumb they can't even help themselves, nor grasp the fact that their situation has literally not changed in the slightest. Saying Flash is gone is like saying mp3 is gone. If anything, this is the golden age of Flash, where everything's been said and done, and we don't have to deal with any of the practical consequences of Flash to enjoy them as an artistic medium. Because now we don't have to feel bad for using proprietary solutions like projector, and even the free solutions like Lightspark and Gnash are pretty damn good when rendering something as simple as a flash animation. Not that they would know.

Flash decompiles like java and resources are easy to extract.

You're missing the point that this is literally a non-issue that is perfectly solvable. It's too bad you're to dumb to realize that.

>[ ] Install chrome as your default browser
>[ ] Install shitware as a toolbar
No, kill adobe with fire.

I write shitty software every day. I am an enterprise software dev who writes java, what do you expect? Still more than 90% of you NEET retards who larp as real programmers because you managed to install linux once

For a programmer, you sure know incredibly little.

Be happy flash is still updated. Macromedia shockwave has pretty much been abandoned by adobe and lots of early 00s games I used to love don’t work perfectly if they do at all

oh, huh. Because java decompiles very easily.

It doesn't matter if Flash is maintained, because artistic works don't need to be maintained. That's why this whole thread is stupid, because literally nothing's changed.

I fixed it before I made the thread user. I ran ie11. I already watched all the flashes on /f/. I am just going to do this in the future when I want to go on /f/. It's a better option then downloading all the files, watching them in adobes player, and deleting the files. The ironic part is you say adobe is deprecated trash then tell me to install their dedicated player, brilliant.

flash is DRM

everything that runs on flash goes to adobes servers.

its proprietary also.

HTML5 is superior in performance, openness, and also portability of platform.

Not to mention security lol.

ADOBE HASENT UPDATED FLASH SINCE 2010! EVEN THE 2012 PATCHES WERENT FEATURE UPDATES. JUST SECURITY FIXES.

GNU/Linux

>Even so, I fear most animators would choose to render to videos since those are supported universally.
Yeah, Crimson largely does MP4s now for his click-and-read releases. Sucks not being able to rip CGs and sprites anymore.

>install their dedicated player
Its a portable exe

And he uses Windows. How does it feel being both a retard and a proprietary cuck? I was talking about projector. For a developer, you sure are ignorant.

So disconnect from your internet before using it if you're trying to run an SWF that doesn't need an internet connection.

thanks for telling me what I have known for over a decade. really, good job. pat yourself on the back for being so astute. Doesn't change the fact that I enjoy flash videos and will continue to watch them.

As expected. Stop polluting this board.

Does director for shockwave have something similar to projector?

So their portable, standalone player is worse than a proprietary web browser how? I was talking about Gnash, you imbecile.

I dunno if he's having a stroke or he's experimenting with SEO. Either way, his outcome doesn't look good.

I totally agree.

Flash should be contained to a local airgapped runtime if you can't do proper containment/sandboxing.

Using flash on the web or a browser is de-anonimizing and also very insecure.

There's plenty of local flash players for this specific reason.

Don't expect a browser to patch security flaws that Adobe isn't even supporting.

dude are you pretending to be retarded

>For a developer
>you sure are ignorant.
Does that mean something in your retarded mind of yours? I use intellij, "for developers", and it's a huge botnet. I don't give a fuck, because I use tools that I like and don't care about "muh privacy muh communism send capitalist to the gnulag pedolivesmatter".

If only the OP would do that before making this shitty thread.

Same goes for you. Good job making yet another Flash thread restating the same issues without any progression.

please, have you had your first internship yet? I made 82k this year 2 years out of college.

Up till mid 00s shockwave was how online games were until adobe decided to expand flash which was primarily for movies. God I want an updated standalone director player, it be great

why are there so many mentally ill lefties on Sup Forums?

Does being a developer mean something in that retarded mind of yours? All I've seen so far are pointless appeals to your authority as a "developer" with no point nor purpose beyond legitimizing your worthless complaints. And look, you're stilling doing it!

> standalone player is worse than a proprietary web browser how
yes, because ie11 is already built into my OS you retarded I don't need to get cucked by adobe as well for no reason.

>The war on Flash
It's Over.
Flash is dead.

Adobe renamed the authorware portion to Adobe Animate and discontinued Flash Player.

That was a computer learning how to shitpost effectively

you sure did my dear pajeet

Then why are you bitching? Do you want help or do you just want to whine about your woes? And are you seriously astonished when you're ousted as a retard?

Thanks for conceding the argument. I'll have to remember to download software "for developers" in the future for my own security. HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's actually par for the course, enterprise programmers actually know fuck all.

What the hell are you even trying to say? Are you trying to convince me of something or are you just trying to win a pissing contest?

What argument? You had no arguments, all you do is shitpost.

I'm here to bitch about flashing being killed off by the jews. I was hoping to get a solution to how to fix chrome but clearly that isn't going to happen

What I learned from this thread: /f/ is filled with morons.

They killed shockwave

I'm trying to tell you I think you are a retard posing as an elitist as most users on Sup Forums like to do

Because you got a solution, you idiot. And you shat on them because it wasn't what you wanted. And then you got mad when people called you a moron for ACTING LIKE A MORON.

Okay. Fair argument. You win. You're right. You're absolutely right and all your points are valid and I promise to believe everything you say. What now?

You can use flash you fucking imbecile, nobody is "killing it". Its as usable as any deprecated legacy software, stop whining.

well how do fix chrome without install plugins? Flash in enabled in content settings and I added Sup Forums to the whitelist, but it still downloads the file instead of playing them from my local.

>nobody is "killing it"

thenextweb.com/dd/2016/08/09/google-chrome-flash/
wired.com/story/adobe-finally-kills-flash-dead/
venturebeat.com/2017/07/25/adobe-taps-apple-google-facebook-microsoft-and-mozilla-to-kill-flash-by-2020/
cnbc.com/2017/07/25/adobe-is-killing-flash.html
unruly.co/blog/article/2017/06/28/google-killing-flash-need-to-know/
money.cnn.com/2017/07/25/technology/adobe-killing-flash/index.html
theverge.com/2017/7/25/16026236/adobe-flash-end-of-support-2020
informationweek.com/software/enterprise-applications/google-killing-off-flash-based-ads-by-june/d/d-id/1324259?

You don't. If you read the thread, you would know that your best option is to use one of several free and proprietary solutions available to you, including but not limited to Projector, Gnash, and Lightspark.

nice quads but I will figure it out eventually. Took me a few days last time but I got it to work.

Good point. I guess this means that it's literally impossible for me to play Flash animations from this point on. It's not like there are other solutions or anything--or that those news sources are being hyperbolic.

Fuck off.

good job moving the goal post there. So you agree the jews are killing off flash

Just use the flash viewer or an older browser.

>shows flashy tabloid titles
Dropping support is not "killing it". Stop being so fucking obtuse. Nobody forbids you from obtaining using flash with an older browser or the flash viewer.