College Note Taking on Linux

What is the best note taking package for linux in college?

I've heard of Zim, CherryTree, and more, but what is the best/what you do use?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitnami.com/stack/mediawiki
youtube.com/watch?v=Gfst5KxFUH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OneNote in your browser.

markdown in vim

A drawing tablet and

None because I'm not a brainlet

Xournal

pen&paper
people like you are the reason i take all my math classes on math department, can't bear to be surrounded by a bunch of autists constantly mashing their keyboards all around me

i think you're the autist, user. how do you even hear other people typing?

because they're autistic and have to record every word the prof says i assume? idk, for some reason it seems like you're at a typing competition
it's just disturbing, mathfags aren't anything like that, they just sit calmly and ask prof some questions once in a while

markdown in vim or illegible shorthand

My nigga

Org mode
Org mode
Org mode

For quick notes I use Gjots2 but for math and formulas TeXmacs is the best.

>Taking notes at all
Lmao, brainlet

Real answer: org-mode on emacs for more "linear" bullet-pointable, quickly-typable stuff, quill+inkwell and parchment (or modern-day equivalent) for stuff that takes some drawing (like math formulas) or non-linear notes like mind-maps

virtualbox + bitnami.com/stack/mediawiki

It might sound like overkill at first, but it's pretty fucking nice. All you have to do is import the Bitnami appliance into VirtualBox, and point your (host) browser to the IP address it prints to console. It's really that simple. To change the logo you'll have to dip into the console, but if you like the defaults, then those two steps are all you have to do. Really.

You get markdown for your formatting, and all of your documents can link to one other like you'd expect a wiki to be able to do. It will automatically generate category pages for you which are basically like tags. You just add [[Category:tag]] somewhere in the markdown where tag is your tag. Every page you create that has the tag will now be on the category page for that tag.

Shit is real fucking dope.

Pen and paper you fucking retard

Get yourself a fountain pen and some paper. Mmmmmmmboi

Obviously this

This.

Bringing a laptop to class is the ULTIMATE brand of the brainlet. Just use a pen and paper you absolute cunt.

Faggots like you are why uni is essentially worthless now; you can't stop bing-bing wahooo-ing for a couple fucking hours and wind up dumbing things down for all of us.

docs.google.com

Fair concerns user, but how is OP going to get laid by the one chick in his class if he can't whip out his 15" macbook pro in front of her?

>going to class

Stop saying pen & paper is the only way you POSERS.

link? I can't find a download for it

I got my gf in freshman year of college because she said "I was sick the other day, can I borrow your notebook?" as an excuse to start talking to me.

This video is made even funnier by the fact that her parents administer weed through a breathing tank to calm her down youtube.com/watch?v=Gfst5KxFUH8

writing implement&paper

Why don't developers name their software something sensible that describes what it does instead of stupid trendy names like "CherryTree"?

>tfw dysgraphia
>tfw you will never ever write like that

Just practice user.

you poor?

Why would you ever handwrite anything when you are expected to at least type 100 wpm.

Are you some kind of WPM-let?

It forces brevity, which, on top of being the soul of wit, is the soul of good notes

Tomboy and gnote are dope. One is in mono and the other is in c++, otherwise they're the same app. Just install them from your package manager.

people literally send other people to the moon with pen and paper, and you cannot use it in a first year class course?

retard

That's not very attractive handwriting desu, nice and regular, but not pretty.
Look up some italic for truly masterful nut-busting calligraphy.

>taking notes at all

I used to take notes using pen and paper, then I just stopped bothering a few weeks after. All the notes are in the lecture slides anyway.

It's far easier to write equations than use LaTeX , although LaTeX is cool too

ed

>baked potato

The people who use pen & paper to take notes are the same people who make their own clothes and bring homemade lunches.

>bring homemade lunches
But there's nothing wrong with this.

ed, man! man ed!

I'd fuck that.

>not making your own clothes

Have fun never feeling the joy of having clothes that perfectly fit you fag.

>Inb4 locked out of document for violating TOS

Unless you enjoy being socially ostracized.

So, people not wanting to eat over-processed garbage and people skilled in sewing? Just because you are a "NEET product" with no skills, does not mean everyone is.

t. Highschooler

Fuck off back to Sup Forums where you belong.

Are you fucking 12? Only seriously childish people give a shit about this sort of thing....

This is for college, not elementary school...

Can't tell if underage b& or troll.

Leave

I'm really confused what's with the hate of using computers as a method of taking notes?

I have a Surface Pro and I use OneNote to take my notes

It's handy not bringing multiple notebooks for different classes or even books since you could just find a pdf version of it

Urghh those memories! Had some faggot in linalg sitting in the lecture room with a fucking typewriter.

I'm a big fan of "paper" and "pen".

>he takes notes in class

Those people just hate progress. Taking notes with your laptop is faster and allows one to concentrate on the lecture more. There are people that waste an entire lecture doing nothing but playing games on their laptop or facebooking.

It's fine.
It's just that 90% of the people who have laptops open in class are just playing games instead of listening to the professor they're paying thousands of dollars to learn from.

This. Xournal is simple and does the job quite well.

This is an underrated post.

A pencil and paper. This has probably been said before, but you take in information WAY better doing that as opposed to typing

>yes goyim buy over priced clothing and unhealthy food
>self sufficiency is bad

depending on what it is I may decide to use
>fucking notepad you idiots
but I could never imagine being proficient doing math on a computer.

If you're having a hard time with the lesson, this might not be a bad tactic. Otherwise, you're better off taking down notes as fast as possible so you can concentrate more on improving your overall learning experience.

t. NEET

>90%
If you think this is true, you go to a bad school,.

Pen and paper.

I used nano in terminal with the backlight turned all the way down.
0 distraction, doesnt light up like a gay christmas tree, isnt flashy or distracting for other students.

A video camera and a pillow

Had a solid KEK
Thanks

Pen and paper