Have you ever

Swam in your city's main river?

I swim in Moscow river every summer or so.
Picrelated, just 2 days ago.

There's a high risk of getting sucked into the turbines of the 4 hydroplants in the river, so no. But I swum in the lake though. You can get a bus from the city centre to the public sauna and beach.

I'm not a slav or a gypsy so I haven't

I've swam in the north saskatchewan river a few times but one time I got pink eye.

I've swam in the Eem river a couple times.
Always downstream from the city though, as it's not the cleanest there.

I am not talking about the urban parts of the river.
Moscow river doesn't have turbines or shit once you're like 20 kms into the Moscow oblast.

The area I am swimming in is about 30 kms away from the city itself.

Also, it's the inflow to the city, not the outflow, thus the water is clear relatively.

I think it's banned, not sure though

I'd be swimming in used condoms and sewage if I did

>I'd be swimming in used condoms
Hot

I thought you might say that but the problem is pic rel. The whole river is in the pic.

Yes. But there's many better places for swimming nearby, so only once.

>swimming in the inflow waters, not harmed by sewage

Howzaboutdat?

It's pretty boring though

Problem around here is that the beaches are all very muddy sand or just mud, so most people travel higher in the hills where there are more stone beaches.

I swim in the fjords every summer.

why not winter? cold water is good your circulation

Where u from user

I've tried, but it's not for me. Too cold. Summer temperatures in the water (10 degrees) is cold enough desu. You're lucky to live in Sweden, I bet you have 20 degrees in the water during summer.

No because the waters in Malmö are filthy and you'll be robbed if you put your clothes down on the ground

Delaware river is a rapid, and it flows directly out into the atlantic (why philadelphia used to be such a huge port city). Its also kinda nasty since it contains the outflow of so many different towns and cities.

No

Too many fucking boats.

My city doesn't have a river.

Pic related

the waters where I live (skåne) are pretty shity and the "beaches" are filled with seaweed and smell like farts

I have but it's so close to the ocean that it's pretty much pointless

Willamette valley in Oregon.

>His """""""city""""""" isn't on a river

>strong current
> commercial traffic
>dirty water

no thanks

Move here before Skåne is doomed. I'll swim in the fjords with you. No homo.

I'm pretty sure I would die within 5 min of swimming in the Ohio River

My mum says people used to swim in it when she was young, but now it's polluted as fuck. All the clean rivers are far away from the city.

>tfw you will never be able to go for a nice swim in a river near you on a hot sunny afternoon
Why live?

Behind Finlayson there is a place where you can swim in the Tammerkoski.

take a guess

Yeah - I go swimming with mates in the river Cam when the weather is nice - also put on the BBQ and music. It's always great banter

i can't swim

Come down to east Anglia lad and I'll teach ya

Hell no
My city's river has been in the news because its full of toxins and they switched the city water source to the river which is poisoning people with its undrinkable water. I would probably grow some kind of mutation if I dove into it.

I don't want to die so no
same here
also there's been cases where people threw a corpse(well, it was a corpse when it was found) there no definitely no

No. We have beautiful beaches, swimming in our tiny river would make no sense.
t. San Diego

We have a cold flowing river in Texas that is super comfy to swim in. People float for miles down it in intertubes with beer coolers. Brazos river I believe it's called.

there are a bunch of canadian factories on the other side, but it's actually pretty safe to swim in as far as I know.

I have rowed a boat on the river of the town I was born in and my friend thought it would be funny to capsize the boat. So yes, I did. My current town doesn't have a river, but it's near the sea and naturally I have been in there.