/sqt/

Just fucking Google/ddg/bing it

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
reddit.com/r/TronScript/
downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27205/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7
groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/
windowscentral.com/how-reduce-windows-10-footprint
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/6g7tlz/if_you_put_your_games_on_an_ssd_you_should_really/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can I switch the word Abort for Cancel in OpenSuse? This may be minor but it's so fucking offputting that I had to stop using OpenSuse even though I liked everything else about it. Why the fuck change something that works so well and everyone can quickly parse?

How do I check my cable's displayport version? I bought one from Amazon, and it said it was 1.2, but it won't let me get 144hz.

Do external battery chargers for android phones take the 5v from usb and convert it to 3.7v to charge the battery? If so, does it make sense to connect the charger terminals to the battery terminals on the phone to use it as a sort of dummy battery so I can run the phone off of external power without the usb port? The reason I want to do this is because I want to use it as a otg device for longer duration than what the battery would allow.

>UPS is broken
>have it checked out
>replace battery
>works fine now
>suddenly power outage
>UPS still doesn't supply emergency power

Should I buy an extension wire with fuses? AVR? please help

short the red cable to ground

something to make Windows 7 font rendering look better? Coming from Ubuntu, windows 7 hurts my eyes.

Have to install win 7 today, is there some way to install it without the telemetry updates or at least remove them?

Is there such a thing as too much RAM?

pastebin.com/quC0gz4j

class Stack extends Array{
static num(n){
return +n == n
}
get peek(){
return this[this.length - 1]
}
push(element){
if(this.constructor.num(element)){
this[this.length] = +element
return this.peek
} else {
throw new Error(NaN)
}
}
}

why is this in push undefined pls help im retarded

When it detracts from other parts of your build, sure. That shit's expensive these days.

> convert it to 3.7v
wut

Not really. Though any RAM you don't use is just wasted money that could have been spend on other components/hookers/blow.

Is it rude to rip gigs of content at a time from imageboards?

>...
>Writing file Aristotle - The Art of Rhetoric.epub
>Writing file Jay Heinrichs - Thank You for Arguing.epub
>Writing file Sam Leith - Words Like Loaded Pistols.epub
>Downloaded 310 files, skipped 4
>2094.45MB

>components/hookers/blow
The friday night trifecta.

Should I upgrade from Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 to other 5" phone and 7-8" tablet or 5.5"-6" phablet will be good enough to comfortably read chinese comics and not boot my laptop for other stuff?

1+5t. You're not going to do a whole lot better than the nexus for manga.

Hypothetical. I have two PCs with two NICs each. Both are connected to switch to talk to other devices on the network, but these PCs also have a crossover cable connected between them so that bandwidth-heavy applications don't bog down the entire network.

How would one go about making sure the bandwidth-heavy applications use the direct connection rather than going through the switch?

As I see it, there are two options

1. Simply assign IPs to the private NICs on a different subnet and then use those IPs for relevant traffic
2. Put them both on a "private" switch and then connect that switch to the larger network. This obviates the need for extra NICs, of course.

Have you considered that maybe you are autistic?

Is there a way to automatically sync my android device with Google drive?

Right now I can only sync it with "Google photos" and I fucking hate it, I'd much rather use Google drive exclusively

Is /r/tronscript safe enough to run? Ever used it?
reddit.com/r/TronScript/

how much can you extend wifi range with these? if it has an ethernet port, can I link an AP to it so that I can use lan connection too?

My friend has a monitor which is able to produce sound - can I just take my xbox 360, plug it in with HDMI cable and play?

Most likely, enjoy your friend's TV

i heard that using 2 computers for streaming is way better than using 1.
how do i get the uncompressed video from Computer A to computer B without a capture card?
and how good does the CPU of computer B have to be for compression and streaming?

Those are pain. Only the ~$200 ones are any good, and they still have a lot of downsides. Just run an ethernet cable to a second router, or get a powerline adapter with good feedback if you're desperate.

Have you considered that maybe you are a numale cuck who doesn't understand decent UI design?

I want to make an android app. Doesn't really matter what language I have to use, but what are my best options? Don't really care about crossplatform shit, but it's a nice bonus.

I know you can use android studio to build everything from the ground up in java, but why wouldn't I use a framework like react native that handles most shit for me?

how do i change the behavior of the BACKSPACE key so that its
>exit folder
instead of
>go back to previous folder you were seeing
Windows 7

>all my components are ~30 degrees
>fans are loud as fuck
How to make them less loud?

Clean them and lubricate the bearings

Why does RAM have a clock speed?
If it's a storage location, can't the CPU just access it whenever it wants?
HDD's and SSD's don't have clock speeds either right?

You can't

try the cleartype tuner thing. It's not a miracle but it will reduce abberation and jankyness

fuck this gay earth

Buy new fans, they're pretty cheap.
I'd recommend Noctua or Noiseblocker, good German quality fans.

Finally came up to 7 from windows XP, huh? Yeah, that change from 'cd ..' to 'back' sucks but there's no workaround I know of.

So i used this site to calculate bottleneck, it came up with percents but i have no idea what it means.

Should i upgrade my CPU (and MB) or is this 16 % not worth it? I don't know what to translate that number to. What will the performance increase be in FPS for example?

I am trying to install intel wifi drivers from here downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27205/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7
When I start the exe I immediately get "Intel PROSet/Wireless software has stopped working". I tried a few things online, but nothing worked.
I even tried in safe mode. This time the installer started up, but it gave me the message "The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed." I tried different things I found online, but nothing seems to work here either.
Any ideas?

Don't know the answer but why haven't you switched to Linux yet? Intel WiFi does work perfectly on Linux, I can guarantee you that much at least

Whooops seems there is a sqt after all.

I'm having this annoying issue with my MacBook as of lately.

Sometimes it happens every 10 minutes, sometimes it works fine the whole day...don't know what it is but it is the following:

I am connected to WiFi, no issues. All devices that are connected to it work just fine.
But sporadically the MacBook just decides to not want to be connected to the internet any longer. WiFi is still up and running but I can't load any pages, can't even connect to the router interface itself and it will just timeout. WiFi is still connected when this happens and shows no signs of a signal drop or anything.
All other devices still work perfectly fine when this happens as well so it can't be the router acting up?

I tried using the google result attempts and deleted all saved networks etc but nothing helps.

Posting from mobile because it’s not working again. Literally happening every 5 minutes now

How do I make friends?

>be me
>family changes router settings
>can't access game servers, use things like Skype or Discord
>need to be able to crack router password to open up ports

what do?

Paper mache is good if you're on a budget. I hear they're doing some pretty impressive stuff with robotics. You can always use a sex doll as a base, but it can be hard keeping things platonic.

>family changes router settings
Why?

By abandoning any principles you have

mean spirited people

>linuxfags talking about good ui design
Maximum kek. Linux is a clusterfuck of bad design.

A good way to start would be to stop being the type of person that posts anime reaction images on a non-anime board.

Doesn't that fuck them over too?

I honestly don't think they care

I tried the paper mache before but then I tried going for a walk outside with them and then the rain dissolved them. Sex bot could work but I'm not used to things trying to fuck me.

Well I'd try and talk it out. If the password isn't the default printed on the bottom of the router, that's your best bet. Closing NAT type has negative effects on a number of services, such as voice/video chat and torrenting, and general latency, so it's best for everyone to clear that shit out.

>I'm not used to things trying to fuck me.
Trade lives?

Doesn't need to stay that way. KDE is a good step in the right direction. Fedora seems to get most stuff right.

Is there any piece of software that can measure how long it takes for a webpage to load? I'm considering switching from Chrome to Firefox Quantum. I saw the benchmarks and yes, Chrome does perform slightly better but I want to see how well each performs with the extensions that I'm going to use, webpages I'm going to visit, the connection speed I have etc. which might sway things in Firefox's favor. Deep inside, I want to switch to Firefox and really only seek a justification to do so.
Any recommendations?

What's the best OS if I want to play video gayms on it?
And how much do I have to fiddle with things to make games work?

Definitely Ubuntu, just install 14.04 or 16.04, Ubuntu is the best distro for Steam support by far. Don't use Windows cancer pls thanks.

I own a fairly old lenovo (2013) designed for use with windows 8. I'm now using Windows 10 and I noticed after system format that unlike wih windows 8 most of the drivers were already up and running with Microsoft supplied drivers, like Bluetooth, wifi, and light sensor. Am i ok with these or should I still get the last lenovo supplied drivers? The Windows 10 drivers from lenovo are from 2015 or 2016 so i think they could be outdated

Was about change the ram to increase my laptop performance because of severe lag (2GB) but when I open the ram cover, the slots are already empty. Wat happened? Did all laptop has its own ram in case of missing or undetected usual ram?

I have to transfer some photos from a PC that is most likely clean using a flash drive, but I don't want to risk it. Is installing ClamAV to make sure the other PC doesn't catch anything a good idea or is ClamAV shit and will let everything through?

You have three choices:
Mac (a meme, never buy it especially for gaming), Linux and Windows.
Linux doesn't have a wide selection of games, since not all game developers choose to have their games support it. It does have some, but every game that works on Linux works on Windows too and the same is not true the other way around.
So you have three options: Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10. 10 is just a better version of 8, so get that, UNLESS you're an autistic privacy obsessed faggot, in which case you should get 7.

Benchmarks are a shit way to do it. Just set up your shit and see which feels better. There's nothing wrong with having them both installed. Also keep in mind this is just the beginning. Now that Moz isn't slave to the addon devs they're going to be tweaking the engine like crazy. Security reliability and speed are going to keep getting better.

Get nothing from lenovo that you don't have to. They're fucks. Also windows update is the ideal place for everything but video drivers.

Thanks.
So I guess it's easier to keep Windows for games and install something else when I'm not playing, at least until I get more familiar with the new OS.

Clam has really shitty detection rates, but trusting AV in general is pretty bad. That said, modern windows doesn't autorun anymore, so your risks are a lot lower than they used to be. You could always just boot linux or WinPE on the questionable computer and copy shit over from there.

I'm not getting any of the Lenovo bloatware of course, just drivers. Most of them are Intel packages, but I'm guessing Microsoft is also supplying those.
Since I only have an integrated video card, am I ok with windows drivers?

That's what a lot of people do.

>10 is just a better version of 8
Questionable. 8.1 was still before they got so hard into their advertising kick, and it still gets updates without making you deepthroat whatever new gui/"feature" changes microsoft jizzes out every 6 months. Plus you have loads more control over how you customize your system and what microsoft bullshit you get to turn off on consumer editions. Also 10 updates breaks shit a lot more often than they should.

I got a Legion Y520-15IKBN Laptop with DOS for a fresh install.

The drivers from the site are for windows 10 and no support for 7/8. What the fuck do I do? Do I just look up the drivers listed for Windows 7?

Check your device manager. If everything there is populated and you started with a clean install your shit's ideal.

Why whenever I browse the web, every loading results in a behind-the-scenes connection to "notifications.google.com"?
Is this the botnet everybody's talking about? I don't like it. How to remove?

Is 2 ram sticks better than 4 ram sticks?

I have 2x4GB I installed many years ago.
I now want to upgrade to 16GB RAM (I have use for it now) but see that ram prices are expensive as fuck. They're literally more expensive than 5 years ago even though technology advanced.
So I want to cheap out and just add another 2x4GB for 4x4GB = 16GB total.
Is this a good idea? I remember that quad channel RAM got bashed a lot for having many problems, is this still true or can I go ahead with no concerns?

Since when windows update forces nvidia driver updates?

Wat browser?

Thanks a lot user, I'll see if I'm missing somehting...

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/

It is possible some of that hardware just doesn't have pre-10 drivers. But if you've got it sitting in front of you, you can go to the properties under disk management, see what windows update didn't auto-populate and search the compatible IDs on places like pcidatabase

Chromium 64, supposedly "ungoogled".
Didn't happen on Chromium 61 iirc.

What does 1% lows mean when looking at benchmarks of GPU/CPU performance for games?

It's not quite ideal but you'll probably be alright, it'll just default to the speed of your slowest stick. And yeah, ram is at a ridiculous high and could easily stay that way for a year or two. Samsung etc have decided it's a niche market now, so they're shifting their focus to smartphone type ram and charging more for desktop/laptop

Just researched a bit and apparently I can't run quad channel ram on an i5 2500k, even though my motherboard has 4 slots.
Me right now, I'm so fucked

"Ungoogled" is only on 55. Regular chromium is anything but.

What are you even doing on a sandy bridge that takes that much?

I run a 1GB ramdisk so 1GB is always used, but other than that I only have the League client open right now, Firefox, and various chat programs like discord.
I don't know where all the ram goes to, any way to check?

>what
The worst 1% framerates over entire sample.

>how
Benchmarks/games have various situations, some more demanding, some less demanding. In those more demanding there will obviously be less FPS.
The 1% is supposed to show the framerates in these most demanding cases.

>what it means
What it means for you, is how big framerate fluctuation you can expect.
Small difference between average and 1% low means FPS fluctuations are limited.
Big difference means you may experience FPS dips during demanding situations.

It's also useful if you're a purist and want to never go below x FPS, then you're looking for 1% low to be higher than x.

Not running quad channel doesn't mean you can't use 4 sticks, holy shit. You can use 4 sticks and they'll run in dual channel. Nothing has quad channel except Intel's enthusiast shit and Threadripper.

I'm tempted to say fuck it. It's probably a good thing that windows is using that much ram, and if you had more or less, it would use more or less. Especially if you're sitting on an SSD it's probably no problem.

Fake advertising at its finest.
Thank you, I'll switch to ungoogled 55 asap.

Channels and managed slots are something entirely different.
You can run 4 sticks on dual-channel just fine.

Triple and quad channel are mostly servers only.

Shit I thought each ram stick ia addressed by one channel, so having only two channels means you can only have 2 ram sticks.
I assume if you use 4 sticks with dual channel, then it will continuously poll them after each other? Won't that be a decent performance loss?
I'll try googling that in a sec, but the source I've read said you couldn't do it.
Yeah you're probably right, though I'm still very uncomfortable launching a game with 2GB ram usage when I only have 1GB free.
My SSD only has 20GB left, not sure if it's already reserved for swap space.

Honestly user, you clearly don't have enough knowledge to go in-depth about this shit. What you need to know is that dual channel doubles bandwidth (over single channel), which is a good thing. The number of DIMMs doesn't really matter, except it needs to be a multiple of the number of channels you have. Dual channel does not hurt performance, ever.

Running more sticks is harder on the IMC, but that only really manifests in terms of not being able to OC memory as far. If you run them stock there's nothing to worry about, but it's still recommended to have 4 identical DIMMs, though it's not required.

>I'm still very uncomfortable launching a game with 2GB ram usage
Try it. It's not like your PC will burst into flame. If windows is just doing what linux does then it will dump the unimportant cashed shit instantly like it's supposed to and you'll be fine. Unused ram is wasted ram.

If you're using a system with an HDD there's loads of ways to bump shit from the SSD onto it. Also you could compress your OS files and shave a couple gigs off.

>Honestly user, you clearly don't have enough knowledge to go in-depth about this shit.
I've had some in-depth ram and bus system stuff in college, mostly microcontroller ram but also desktop RAM, I just haven't looked into those since the last time I built a PC, which was 5 years ago.
But yeah I get it, and that's fine for my use case, because I only care about capacity, not bandwidth, thanks.
Yeah I'm hoping it will work that way. But I can't run VMs sometimes, it will say insufficient RAM, then I have to close Firefox to free ram, start the VM, and then open Firefox again so it uses the swap.
My SSD is only 128GB and I installed 2 games on it which i play frequently, 30GB total. All other games are on my HDD. I'll look into compression, thanks

What's a good AUR helper for Arch Linux.

>that's fine for my use case
It's fine for any use case. Dual channel is literally always good. Double bandwidth is never bad.

I meant only being able to run double channel instead of quad channel, I don't mind if they don't run in quad channel as long as I get the capacity.

yaourt

Then yeah, assuming you buy RAM which runs at the same (or better) clock/timings as what you already have, your bandwidth will remain the same while increasing capacity.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

how do i change my wacom tablets aspect ratio? its mapped to be 16:10 or something, so when i draw a square on it its getting squashed. it was easy to do on linux but ive got no idea for windows

windowscentral.com/how-reduce-windows-10-footprint

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/6g7tlz/if_you_put_your_games_on_an_ssd_you_should_really/

You can also relocate your "My Documents" and Desktop folders to the HDD.

VM/firefox is a tough combo. VMs are one of the main things having a lot of ram benefits. Hopefully they'll cut back in quantum after a while. I'd also reconsider how much value you're getting out of that ram disk, especially if you're not doing a lot of editing.