All you nostalgia fags who like to bring up the old shitty UMPCs of old, why haven't you purchased the GPD Pocket?

All you nostalgia fags who like to bring up the old shitty UMPCs of old, why haven't you purchased the GPD Pocket?

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/HP-Stream-7-5700ng-Tablet-Review.134411.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf why is that keyboard layout so shit?

Because you can buy a Nokia N950?

The eking s515 i had was sleeker and had a slide to screen the keyboard was small and the battery life was awful, but i personally am not a fan of small latops. Sure the clamshell design protects the screen more than if it was face up, but the eking s515 is a really cool device that was way ahead of its time

>no pad
This is giving me a severe panic attack

Have both.
Also a N900, GPD Win, OpenPandora. Rest are older ones like Vaios.

That's worse in almost every aspect except portability.

5 times the price of a T60
Not nearly as good

Stop there's shill threads. It has a $100-tablet tier atom CPU. Costs $300 too much.
THe keyboard is horribly shit.

Because I have a Lenovo Miix 320 that is practically the same thing with a bigger screen and keyboard.

Will consider one when they have actual processors and graphical capability.

Oh, look! Another GPD shill thread like thousand before.

Because the GPD win makes more sense and is cheaper. Too bad there is no competition. Now I am remembering seeing it on indigogo and doing a big nope. Then once it was no longer vaporware and not a total piece of junk I got one for when my son can use it. He's 15mo and there probably still will be nothing better in the market in a couple years

>actual processors and graphical capability
Today I learned that the GPD Pocket does not have a processor or graphics.

I've seen better keyboard layouts on phones. How did they really put a keyboard like that to market and not feel ashamed?

it has a tablet CPU and no discrete GPU how hard is that to understand?

beacuse it looks like someone took a tablet in landscape mode and glued it to a shitty $20 BT keyboard

>UMPC
>this day and age with laptop quality tablets
fucking why?

umpc shits are too poor to afford anything new, it's why they are into umpcs in the first place.

>Windows
fuck that

I'm still attracted to the Pyra even with its weak specs. A pocket Debian box would be fun.

the hint is in OP's post. being into umpcs is about being a nostalgiafag and being unable to use anything new. Or you are a super contrarian among the regular contrarians who still pretend to use dumbphones and you need something even more snowflake.

it doesn't matter you can get folding bluetooth keyboards, it doesn't matter when you can have a quad core in your pocket for $80, it doesn't matter when it can be fully free and run replicant and then run a linux distro inside because you are talking to shits stuck in the past, they are repeating what their grandmas did in the 80s by fighting PCs. Even seeing a phone would challenge their world view.

Explain discrete GPU?
It's CPU and GPU are on one die.

By your logic, it has no discrete GPU, meaning CPU is doing all the graphics work, but that's false.
It has a integrated GPU.

I like the Pyra too. At the very least, it looks aesthetic.
Sucks that I'm too poor for it.

Just buy an OpenPandora, almost 7 times cheaper.
The Pyra will be barely better, if it ever even comes out.

I'd stick to the Win for games and emulators though and for Linux use have a separate N900, Pyra and OpenPandora are really not good options for gamying.

Waiting to see how good that Gemini PDA becomes.

I can't justify getting another laptop yet when I already have 5. I would love to get a used one for cheap on ebay, but I doubt they will go down in price a whole lot because they are so unique. Probably they equivalent of the Vaio P in terms of used pricing in the future

Keyboard too small and useless for dev or any sane work really. Trackpad shit right in the middle. So fragile that it will break into a zillion pieces of dropped. Will get Kerataconjs and loose my eyesight from working in that small ass screen. Does not have the comfy function of a tablet since he keyboard doesn't fold-lock back especially when I lie on my side and use it.

The list goes on. Absolute waste

>Metal chassis
>Will shatter and break if dropped
Opinion discarded.

only poor people use trackpads
the patricians choice is a track point or brand equivalent

this

because Im waiting for the gpd win2

>mfw a blackberry passport has a better keyboard

>he fell for the soda cans are durable meme

>press A
>hit CAPS instead

>cuz it doesnt have r7 1700 and gtx 1080

Are there any small tablets that have x86 architecture and that can run windows? I have a umpc only because it has windows on it, but would replace it with a small tablet that can act as a clamshell with a keyboard

HP Stream 7. The smallest Windows tablet you could get and it's cheap asf.

It's fucking 11 inches. Anything smaller?

Imagine typing on a keyboard so small and cramped.

Why not just swipe if you're going to force yourself to use a phone?

I own one, it took less than an hour to adjust to the keyboard quirks. It's faster than typing on a smartphone now but still nowhere near as comfy or fast as the keyboard on my elitebooks 2170p or my desktop.
It's a niche but I did a load of overtime lately so I blew my money on the GPD Pocket. I'm honestly happy with my purchase but I can't say that most people will like it.

I think the chinks have 8 inch ones that dual boot windows 10 and Android.

but I already can swipe on this?

So it can do what every other Android phone on the market since 2013 can do?
Neat.

yeah but it has a better keyboard
pretty sweet isnt it?

It's 7 inches. Did you even search for it?

notebookcheck.net/HP-Stream-7-5700ng-Tablet-Review.134411.0.html

all they had to do was copying sony vaiop P design with ssd + core m and bigger battery