Firefox Addons

Setting up Firefox Quantum, it's been a while! I've completely forgotten which addons I used to have.

Post your Firefox Webextensions.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Sup
ghacks.net/2017/08/30/firefox-webextensions-may-identify-you-on-the-internet/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1372288#c6
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/Marnes/
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Updates
jsfiddle.net/g69makLz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not your army, faggot. Kys

Basic
>uBlock Origin

Virgin
>Violentmonkey (Sup Forums X + OneeChan)

Placebo
>CanvasBlocker
>Decentraleyes
>HTTPS Everywhere

Autism
>NoScript
XOR
>uMatrix

Violentmonkey doesn't actually work properly right now.
I had to revert back to Greasemonkey for Sup Forums X to function.

Here's what I have so far.

What do you use for mouse gestures, keyboard navigation?

Yes it does faggot I'm using it right now

>extreme autism
Neat.

Which fork of Sup Forums X are you using?

The only one that's still being maintained...
github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x

Yeah, ccd's didn't work for me on violetmonkey.
Fucking weird.

Why Violentmonkey, not Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey?

Your Sup Forums loads twice, one without the extension and then with it, too?
I´m waiting for someone to find a fix for that because it seems like quantum actually loads my custom css a lot faster.

Yeah, just tried it again, nothing.
Is there anything really obvious I could be missing?

ghacks.net/2017/08/30/firefox-webextensions-may-identify-you-on-the-internet/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1372288#c6

Tampermonkey is proprietary & features analytics and Greasemonkey 4 is very basic at the moment. Violentmonkey is open source and has features like auto updating scripts and importing /exporting .zips that Grease 4 lacks.

I use nightly and webextension version of Greasemonkey wasn't available but it was for Violentmonkey. It works just fine so I see no reason to switch back to Greasemonkey even if it has webextension available now. Tampermonkey is non-free JavaScript.

Check if you have latest version installed (2.8.18)

u know any proper dark themes for ff?

The default dark theme?

>Check if you have latest version installed (2.8.18)
I do. Really no idea what the issue could be

thank you, based anons

Okay, I figured it out. The script won't work on Violentmonkey as long as I have ublock origin enabled. Does anyone know what conflict could be causing that? I'd rather not switch back to adblock again

why is https everywhere a placebo?

Greasemonkey, HTTPS Everywhere, Image Video Block, Owl, RES, Stylish, TinEye, Tree Style Tab, and uBlock Origin.

Nevermind, I actually just forgot to disable Greasemonkey again before trying it.
That script simply does not work with Violentmonkey, no matter what I do.
I tried a couple other random scripts and they all worked, it's really just this shitty Sup Forums X one that doesn't and I have no fucking idea what to do about it.

>no vimperator

HELP ME GUYS

HELP MEEEEEEEEEE

There's an extension that's basically identical.

Not without custom keymaping and qmarks its not.

qmarks are the most important.

Still waiting for noscript port.

Add this to the "My Filter" section of uBlock and see if it works properly then:

@@||Sup Forums.org^*$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'

Because he is a retard.

Is there a Flashstopper equivalent for Quantum?

It's not ublock at all, I tried with it uninstalled and it still didn't work. Thanks though

It's not really even a problem since I can just use greasemonkey right now. I'd really rather use violentmonkey, mostly because of the much better UI and the auto updating, but it's not really a huge deal. I'm more just curious why the fuck it isn't working

I have no idea either. Violentmonkey has worked flawlessly with every script I've given it.

Thank god, I was afraid Sup Forums X is done for.

I'm surprised Firefox still manages to be worse than Chrome even such a huge update. Looks like it was more superficial than anything.

>right click opens new tab
you're aware that middle click already does this, right? Why would you sacrifice your right click functionality for something you already have?

Is there a way to run unsigned extensions in Quantum like previously found config.js hack?

Do I really, REALLY need any other extension other than ublock origin and tampermonkey?
Give it to me straight

HTTPS Everywhere. There are others that are nice and work well with each other but that's all I'd say is essential.

Because I do it often and right-clicking is much easier than pressing a freely rotating mousewheel.

I used to have HTTPS Everywhere, but then I removed it when I read somewhere that Firefox would start redirecting to the HTTPS version of a site if it detected that a site had an HTTPS certificate.
Does the addon offer something extra or do I misremember?

>Tampermonkey [...] features analytics

FUD. Anonymous analytics are disabled by default.

But why would you use an extensions with them present at all when you could use an alternative?

Because it's there since 2010, available for almost all browsers and has a good rating at all stores?

This is why violentmonkey and greasemonkey are preferred.

tampermonkey.net/privacy.php?ext=dhdg

I know this, but what is your point? It's disabled by default. If it's enabled then anonymous data is collected, just like it's done by Windows, Firefox and many other programs. Furthermore the author is located at Germany and therefore subject to the German data privacy laws, which are known to be very strict.

Let it tell me the other way around. I usually disable such analytics, but I however use software that can send analytics, like Windows and Firefox...

Why do you think it's closed source?

Does oneechan actually do anything besides letting me stick a loli in the corner?

It gives you some additional styling options.

Any reason you retarded faggots aren't using adnauseum?

Anyone have an ETA until greasemonkey's webextension is up to par with violentmonkey?

Is there a particular github issue that I can track?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/Marnes/

wtf kind of name is "Marnick"

>Tampermonkey
Botnet
>Greasemonkey
Broken af

There are more cultures in the world than the one where people are named mike, jack, and john, you know? My name isn't very common but the general style of it is pretty normal for europe.

>Violentmonkey (Sup Forums X + OneeChan)
>he needs an extension to run an extension

>europe
ugh

How do you use stylechan? Or is it built in?
How is this better than using a script?

right back at you, presumed burgerman

I write the css myself and apply through Sup Forums-x.

Is Privacy Badger redundant if I also use Ublock Origin?

how?
i tried installing the extension on the chrome store but that didn't work

The default one

Is that meme still around?

Yeah, just enable the 3rd party privacy filters in ublock and you’re golden.

Firefox support was added a while ago.
github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x/tree/master/builds
1. Download and unpack the zip
2. edit manifest and remove "minimum_chrome_version" line.
3. rezip and install

Nice, thanks. That should make it a lot less laggy than just the userscript, right?
Since it will pull and replace shit before the site actually gets loaded

Yeah, replacing original content seems to happen almost at the same time as page loading.

Cool, thanks.

can you walk me through this maybe? i've never done anything like this. i dont even see what to download on that page

so do i just delete what i marked here or is that too much and i only remove line 25 after the bracket?

Be aware that it needs to be signed to be installed in firefox stable and beta.
Even setting xpinstall.signatures.required to false does nothing in those versions.

wait so i cant do what this guy posted or what?

should i just wait until someone releases an official webextension version then? i don't really know how to do any of this myself but the script fucking sucks

Only minimum_chrome_version and it's value.

I guess you could always install nightly and developer edition, for it to work, but personally I'll just avoid updating firefox till they pull their shit together

its* value

Just install these and destall any others.

All that bloat, having to install shit to reopen tabs when you can just press ctrl+shift+t. baka desu senpai

>It's not ublock at all
Yes, it is. The guy you're quoting literally gave you the answer. Violentmonkey works fine with 4chanX. Add:

@@||Sup Forums.org^*$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'

Under "My filters" in uBlock Origin.

Like I fucking said. I tried it with ublock uninstalled, didn't do jackshit.

I retract this statement Now it works
Thanks fag

Strange, I thought the issue was fixed in newer version of Violentmonkey? I had to enable JavaScript for boards.Sup Forums.org before for Sup Forums X to work but it works just fine now with JavaScript disabled.

I'm on the newest stable version they had on the mozilla appstore, dunno if there's a newer one on git or something

Error between keyboard and chair detected?

Does this actually give a noticable performance boost?
Can the extension still update itself or do I have to repack it every time manually?

>aren't using adnauseum?

I only use something if it's shill'd enough which it hasn't been lately, get to work cia nigger.

It seems to a bit faster than applying the userscript through a separate extension. Update doesn't work currently. The extension will have to be posted on mozilla amo.
Webext seem to be have an option to allow updates from outside AMO, developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Updates
but that has not been implemented in Sup Forums-x. Somebody should probably open an issue.

Just wait

Start with these, when you need to download something find a Flash downloader.

I bet he's been forced to write the APIs himself

From his latest blog update post:
>Anyway, here's my update: the week, at least in Italy, finishes on Sunday night, there's no "disaster recovery" going on, and NoScript 10's delay on Firefox 57's release is still going to be measured in days, not weeks.

Does it have anything that has functionality to show tabs in multiple rows?
Or any other browsers that have such functions?

Tab related APIs are severely limited. Best you can do is tree style tabs which does vertical tabs on left panel.

Side question: do any of you guys use the mobile Firefox? My work phone is an iPhone and I've stuck with Safari purely because of content blockers. Firefox has their basic, non-configurable stuff from Firefox Focus in the main browser now, but I was wondering if people have found it to be as good. Opinions? Would be nice to be full FF again if it's up-to-par on mobile.

Has anyone had the problem where Sup Forums forgets the selected style? It was fixed for a while but started again. I tried disabling all addons but that didn't fix it so I think it must be firefox.

All browsers on iOS are forced to use safari's engine, the main thing going for them is syncing with your main pc browser, else not much point.

The uBO webextension version can no longer selectively block inline scripts! This is due to the webext API being limited by Mozilla.
Example:
jsfiddle.net/g69makLz/
Add the following rule to your filters:
fiddle.jshell.net##script:contains(block)
The goal is to get two Passes and no Fail. The non-webext version passes the test, the webext version does not.

The reason why this is such a big deal is that inline script tags with anti-adblock scripts are becoming more and more common. Services like Cloudflare make this really easy for site owners and will allow injecting ad and tracking scripts too.

-Session Manager: Dead on Quantum.
-Tab Session Manager: Not liking the look of it and if it's supposed to have a session selection window pop up upon Firefox booting, it's not happening.
-NoScript: Still waiting on that port.
-RikaiSama: A complete disaster. Shit was a boon for mining kanji and practically automated looking it up on the fly.
-New Add-On Bar: Again, dead. I don't want the top bars to be crowded to shit.
-Greasemonkey: Technically alive but I need to get some scripts all over again. 4chanX installed as it should but another simply takes me to the raw .js file and there's no way to manually add scripts (anymore?).

That's just off the top of my head. All of the above happened on my PC. Laptop's safe and disabled automatic updates until further notice. Fuck Mozilla.

I know, I mean specifically in the realm of content blocking. If they allowed customization there would be no question. I don't think third party browsers can use the normal content blocker API yet even though it should be obviously possible (classic Apple). I use 1Blocker and quite enjoy having the extra flexibility but if FF's built-in covers the bases then why not (I think it might just be the Disconnect lists? So kind of basic.).