Which languages have the most attractive writing scripts?

Which languages have the most attractive writing scripts?
Post what you like.
This here is traditional seanchló Gaeilge. It used to be the way schoolchildren were taught to write, but was faded out when cursive handwriting was brought in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jpt6NuEVzNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Handwritten seanchló style

now i know where tolkien got his inspiration for his constructed languages

i think thai looks pretty cool

I believe it was some inspiration for his text, not too sure.
Books as Gaeilge in Ireland used to printed in this font, but not so much anymore.

Thai is not so pretty I'm my opinion, I think it's a bit 'all over the place'.

I find old gothic/fraktur the best desu
Too bad it's not used anymore

t. saucy

Tamil

Hebrew can look absolutely god tier, especially when written in that brutalist blocky Israeli font.

hebrew looks absolutely awful, one of the worst scripts

well Dutch is very ugly and I think you're a very rude person

Are you into calligraphy?

> I think it's a bit 'all over the place'.

yeah i guess i just think its cool because it is so exotic looking when compared to roman characters

I never thought to look at it that way. Personally I like uniform, sleek looking design.

Wⵀⴰⵜ ⵡⴻ ⵎⵓⵙⵍⵉⵎⵙ oⵏ /ⵉⵏⵜ/ ⵙⵀoⵓⵍⴷ ⴻⵎⴱⵔⴰⵛⴻ ⵉⵙ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵙⵜⴻⵔⴻoⵜⵢpⴻⵙ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ 4ⵛⵀⴰⵏ ⵀⴰⵙ ⴰⴱoⵓⵜ ⵓⵙ. ⴹoⵏ'ⵜ ⴱⴻ ⴰpoⵍoⴳⴻⵜⵉⵛ, ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⴱⴻ pⴰⵜⵀⴻⵜⵉⵛ ⵡⵉⵜⵀ #ⵏoⵜⴰⵍⵍⵎⵓⵙⵍⵉⵎⵙ ⵛⴰⵎpⴰⵉⴳⵏ.

Eⵎⴱⵔⴰⵛⴻ ⵉⵜ. ⵖⴻⵙ ⵡⴻ ⴰⵔⴻ ⵜⴻⵔⵔoⵔⵉⵙⵜⵙ. ⵖⴻⵙ ⵡⴻ ⵡⵉⵍⵍ ⵜⴻⵔⵔoⵔⵉⵣⴻ ⵢoⵓ. ⵖⴻⵙ ⵡⴻ ⵡⵉⵍⵍ ⵉⵏⵯⴰⴷⴻ ⵢoⵓⵔ ⵍⴰⵏⴷ ⵡⵉⵜⵀ ⵔⴻⴼⵓⴳⴻⴻⵙ. Iⵏⵙⵀⴰⵄⵍⵍⴰⵀ Eⵓⵔopⴻ ⵡⵉⵍⵍ ⴱⴻ ⵎⵓⵙⵍⵉⵎ ⵉⵏ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵏⴻⴰⵔ ⴼⵓⵜⵓⵔⴻ.

Nⴻⵛⴽⴱⴻⴰⵔⴷ ⵏⴻⴻⵜⵙ ⵛⴰⵏ oⵏⵍⵢ ⵛoⵎpⵍⴰⵉⵏ oⵏ 4ⵛⵀⴰⵏ. ⵟⵀⴻ ⵍⴻⴼⵜⵉⵙⵜ ⵎⴻⴷⵉⴰ ⵉⵙ oⵏ oⵓⵔ ⵙⵉⴷⴻ. Eⴷⴳⵢ 4ⵛⵀⴰⵏⵏⴻⵔⵙ oⵏⵍⵢ ⴷⴰⵔⴻ ⵜo ⵙpoⵓⵜ ⵜⵀⴻⵉⵔ ⵀⴰⵜⵔⴻⴷ ⵀⴻⵔⴻ oⵏ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵉⵏⵜⴻⵔⵏⴻⵜ, ⴼoⵔ ⵜⵀⴻⵢ ⴰⵔⴻ pⵓⵙⵙⵉⴻⵙ ⵉⵏ ⵔⴻⴰⵍ ⵍⵉⴼⴻ ⵡⵀⵉⵍⴻ ⵡⴻ ⵎⵓⵙⵍⵉⵎⵙ, ⵡⴻ pⵔⴻpⴰⵔⴻ ⵜo ⴷⵉⴻ ⴼoⵔ oⵓⵔ ⴷⴻⴻⵏ.

ⵕⴻⵎⴻⵎⴱⴻⵔ, ⵛoⵏⵯⴻⵔⵜ ⵜⵀⴻⵉⵔ ⴼⴰⵎⵉⵍⵉⴻⵙ, ⵎⴰⵔⵔⵢ ⵜⵀⴻⵉⵔ ⴷⴰⵓⴳⵀⵜⴻⵔⵙ, pⵓⵜ ⵀⵉⵊⴰⴱ oⵏ ⵜⵀⴻⵎ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵎⴰⴽⴻ ⵙⵀⴰⵔⵉⴰ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵍⴰⵡ oⴼ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵍⴰⵏⴷ ⵉⵏ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵡⵀoⵍⴻ oⴼ Eⵓⵔopⴻ.

ⵟⴰⴽⴱⵉⵔ ⵢⴰ ⵉⴽⵀⵡⴰⵏ. ⴻⴷⵉⵜⵉoⵏ

I don't feel offended by your opinion, it's not as if I created the language anyway.
That's one of the ugliest scripts ever, worse than Hebrew ever. Goddamn. Did a 8 year old girl make this script so her mom couldn't decipher her diary?

I'm left handed so I suck at it. I like the old printing press style desu

Jesus calm down
very mean poster

>ugly script defense force

Aye tis a shame to be left handed. The world of writing isn't fair.
I too also like that press style.

Why are Dutch posters so rude?

I also like the old style of writing. The pics I provided are from the first literary Slovene language ever developed
Dunno from the thumbnail if this one is in Slovene or German, though. I like the fraktur though

We are not rude, we are simply honest and straightforward, qualities which might rattle a certain group of people who are known to be quite secretive and deceitful..

However, we are not rude in the traditional way. We don't skip lines, we are usually polite, calm, we don't spit or poop everywhere. I've heard Israelis are quite rude though, is this true?

Georgian

I love our glagoljica.

Carolingian miniscule was bretty gud as well

I've never in my days talked with a nice Dutch poster
prolly the only country this happened with

cool

came here to post these

That's unfortunate. I don't recall all of my interactions with Israeli posters, but now I know at least one of them is a little crybaby bitch lmao

stop replying

Aramaic of course.

True Aramic is written with Hebrew script

wingding

This is an example of a,Middle Dutch text. It's not the oldest example, because the first know Dutch/Frankish text dates back to 500 AC.

youre the one who is taking someones opinion on a written language personally. dont be such a fucking child

stop replying

fuck off kike. you, your country, and your shitty language can all be overrun by palestinians and i wouldnt give two shits

delete this

Keep replying if you're a faggot

You should think before you post such hateful replies, friend.

hebrew looks also good but sounds very bad

stop replying i wasn't talking to you

They're just bad people in general

Can you please stop derailing the thread, this is for script discussion. Not hate.

It is pleasing to the eye, similar to .

Wow, that looks completely alien to me. I've never seen anything like it.

What I what I was saying is the Hebrew script is a modified Aramaic, and the Syriac script has a dialect of it's own
stop posting this is a serious linguistic discussion

Google Translate says "Polish detected".

Hide the thread if it hurts your feelings so much

I especially love the old timey pictures. There is something about medieval/pre-renaissance art style that does it for me. The Totentanz paintings are the best example desu

is that berber ?

I must have a little Google so.
Sticks and stones.

Stuff like this pic

sorry bud. i was just fucking with him because he was being a whiney cunt. i dont actually hate isrealis. but i dont like this one

Tis all but understandable

it's the berber script (berber isn't a single language like many people think)

Ge'ez script used for Amharic

I don't like you too
now please stop ruining this thread

why cant you just adopt arabic script?

Holy shit
>Actual thread about culture and history
>almost no shitposting
>almost no memery

Haven't seen anything like this on/int/ in a long time.

impossible, we would rather die than adopt the arabic script, education and typical writing is done in latin script, tifinagh (script above) is mostly to show our appreciation for our culture but is of limited use

Because they're French

This is a fragment of the well known book of Karel ende Elegant. I guess every Dutch student has read this. In the pic of the fragment Charlemage is visited by an angel in his dream who told him to steal. Charlemagne doesn't believe this and the angel has to repeat it two more times for Charlemagne to make sure it's an order of God. While Charlemagne is riding along the Rhine, nobody recognizes the emperor. Charlemagne gives the order to an old nobleman to steal from the emperor, to test if his subjects are loyal enough. I don't want to spoil too much, so I'll leave it by this.

Education in French, or a Romanized whatever?
if the latter please tell me what language's you're talking about

That's pretty cool, actually looks more like rudimentary cuneiform or pictographs or something.

wingdings

I don't get your first question

kabyle

Is education in French, or Kayble with Roman script

Ils école dans la langue de française je pensais.

What did he mean by this

I meant the education of the language itself and its literature, which is kabyle with a latin script

what does this mean

It's a very caring letter.

>non-emphatic "L" (like in German or French)

L'Algériens sont French ou ont été pour 130+ ans.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jpt6NuEVzNQ

2:43

I thought kayblie was only maintained in a small portion of Algeria following French occupation/colonisation?

Thank you, I'm bringing sexy back.

it's small geographically but it's densly populated (6 million in algeria and 2 or 3 million in france)

Nice
Is there a push to spread it throughout Algeria? Sort of like Irish-Gaelic in Ireland.

to spread tamazight (the group of berber languages, of which kabyle is a part) or just kabyle?

kabyle is prevalent in kabylia, the other languages/dialects are a bit weaker in their repective regions because of the forced arabisation in the past, there are local efforts to bring them back, especially in the youngest generations

for tamazight (standard) it became an official language in Algeria in 2016

Telugu
Originated around 400 bce

I was talking about tamazight or other regional languages like kayble in their respective regions.

>third largest language in India
>never heard about it till this morning
you only hear about Hindi and the Indo-Euro languages when it comes to India

definitely yes

My favorite :

1. Berber
2. Hebrew
3. Georgian

mongol is the best one after arabic, in my opinion

Why me?

Both do look pleasing to the eye.

It looks like Greek from the future.

>I guess every Dutch student has read this.
Ik niet.

ⵜⵇⵎⵓⵔⵜ ⵏ ⵍⵇⴱⴰⵢⴻⵍ ⵉⵔⴳⴰⵣⵏ ⵉⴳⵀⵢⴰⵍ ⴰⵜⴰⵙ ⴰⴼⵓⵏ ⵙ ⵍⵅⴻⴷⵎⵇ

I must be missing something here

Looks like alien writing

>That's one of the ugliest scripts ever, worse than Hebrew ever. Goddamn. Did a 8 year old girl make this script so her mom couldn't decipher her diary?
lol this is actually very acurate

Jesus Christ my eyes
It looks like Hollywood's horrible attempt at creating a script for aliens

Theres something very beautiful about East-Asian calligraphy. Especially the range from more scribbly to complex and well structured. Japanese is my favourite one because the Kana scripts add another dimension.

Who here likes Vulcan calligraphy?