Let’s settle this once and for all Sup Forums. Is apple a botnet like windows/google/android?

Let’s settle this once and for all Sup Forums. Is apple a botnet like windows/google/android?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
stallman.org/apple.html
youtube.com/watch?v=V1xVK78h7bI
9to5mac.com/2017/11/18/imac-pro-a10-fusion-chip/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

No. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t use apple products. I hate how expensive they are and how they try and squeeze out more money from you through the apple eco system.

But with that said, I have to give credit where it’s due. They’re not a botnet and respect your privacy.

Yes

I would say that it is far less of a botnet.
However, one cannot a truly botnet-free computer without fully using Free Software.

Absolutely, NSA machines

I don't use Apple products, but the fact that all the Apple devices you use are synced and share the same ecosystem just screams botnet to me.

Sort of.

You're full of shit.
They are a different kind of botnet, but botnet regardless.

yes. it is. and it's worse in its default state because of "save documents and desktop folders in icloud" default that most normies leaves on

While it's true that iCloud isn't the most secure storage solution since they have access to the files, they still put a lot of effort into maintaining the privacy of its users.

How exactly are they a botnet?

> different kind of botnet
> I want to say they are, so let me change the definition

No, you're full of shit. Spouting FUD.

Overpriced, yes. Shitty keyboard on their notebooks, yes. Botnet, no.

^ THIS OBVIOUSLY

and more :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Intel processors newer than Core 2 Duo are already by definition botnet.
Also: stallman.org/apple.html
Now go choke on Tim Cook's cock.

I don't know, you tell me.

itt: macfags btfo

>Implying Sup Forums hasn't already changed the definition of botnet to occamadate companies they don't like.
A key part of being a "botnet" is installing a piece of software on a persons computer, in which, is not known of, malicious and unwanted. These so called "botnets" tell you exactly what they collect, why they collect it, when they collect it and how they do so. You also can opt out at anytime, this is unlike most malicious pieces of software.

Apple is a fashionable botnet that likes to make itself look good by annoying the NSA once in a while. Although I do trust them slightly more than google because their main income source is products and not information/ads like google.

Yeah?

To varying degrees of course. You're not going to get fucked the same way as W10 but you're still fucked if you think that Apple does actually respect your privacy at all. They lie to you which is a different thing, and they don't live off your data the same way for instance Google does.

Yeah, i would say so
Watch this seminar about the way apple pulls just about everything from your phone
youtube.com/watch?v=V1xVK78h7bI

google relies on your data value to stay afloat, apple don't need that because they sell overpriced things. they probably have some kind of """'anti-terorism'"" goverment deals and that's it

Their CPUs still have MEI but macOS is definitely less botnet than Windows 10

Yes but at this point I don't care.

>unironically linking stallmans website as an argument

Dunno
What do you think?

source pls

please have dick

>please have dick
Faggot detected

anime website

Botnet trash.

yes

mmmm so sexy i want to fold it and stuff it up my butt...
oops did i say it out loud hehe

>macfags

>what is find my iTrash
not defending that shit but applel at least has a semi-acceptable reason for it.

>>what is find my iTrash
>mac
Are you retarded?

I don't know, are you?

>owns botnet mactrash
>asks if someone else is retarded

No.

Apple does everything in its power NOT to track their users, or collect any data about them whatsoever, because they make their money on hardware, and don't want to be hassled with court orders for data.

Not only are they working against all government efforts to track you and steal your data, but they're also working against advertisers (building adblock and anti-tracking into their products) since again they don't make any money from it so don't care.

Really, the only way Apple is anti-consumer (besides high prices) is their opposition to "right to repair", and designing all upgradability out of their products.

Fuck off Tim Kike.

nice retort, retard :^)

we don't know if they are botnet and we don't really have a way to know but something has to be said about the fact that they refuse to put in backdoors even when they are demanded by things like the EU.

Apple botnet is far worse.

MS/Google/etc TELL you exactly what they do with their data.

Apple lies to you about what they do with your data.

>Is apple a botnet like windows/google/android?
no

>why? do they have better morals?
no

they make more money from good pr that they're not botnet than they'd get from exploiting the botnet. It's a business decision

>It's a business decision
This. Apple was even more intrusive and even bragged about harvesting user info but they're shit at it and gave up. They're still harvesting user info and putting up an act of pretending to not be part of PRISM though.

What data does Apple have to give?

Is iCloud data on their servers encrypted with a key that they have?

Apple's complete ineptitude at services / data is their saving grace. They make nice hardware and nice OS's and nice apps, but their service-side stuff is trash (see: Apple Maps, all their failed social network and media stuff, Siri falling increasingly behind the competition, etc, etc.)

botnet meme is dumb in general

However, it will probably be interesting to you that Apple is working on their own Intel ME -like management subsystem in Macs. It will be based on their own ARM chips and likely be always on, so it will be able to listen to voice commands 24/7 even when the PC is turned off.

9to5mac.com/2017/11/18/imac-pro-a10-fusion-chip/

Is that pubic hair showing from under the dress on the left?

:^)

Details requites.